* [Xenomai] Raspberry Pi Real-Time Firmware Issue
@ 2015-11-28 22:38 Adam Vaughan
From: Adam Vaughan @ 2015-11-28 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello,

I've seen a fair amount of Raspberry Pi related discussion on this mailing
list lately, so I thought I'd mention that a real-time latency issue was
fixed in the recent firmware ed611df.

The issue caused disable_pvt not to work on both the RPi 1 and 2 since the
October 6th, 2014 firmware release.  Without disable_pvt, the chip will
stall for ~16 microseconds every half second.

A description is available here:

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/497

-Adam

* Re: [Xenomai] Raspberry Pi Real-Time Firmware Issue
@ 2015-11-29 18:06 ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2015-11-29 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Vaughan, xenomai

On 11/28/2015 11:38 PM, Adam Vaughan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've seen a fair amount of Raspberry Pi related discussion on this mailing
> list lately, so I thought I'd mention that a real-time latency issue was
> fixed in the recent firmware ed611df.
>
> The issue caused disable_pvt not to work on both the RPi 1 and 2 since the
> October 6th, 2014 firmware release.  Without disable_pvt, the chip will
> stall for ~16 microseconds every half second.
>
> A description is available here:
>
> https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/497

The troubleshooting guide has been updated to include this information:
http://xenomai.org/troubleshooting-a-dual-kernel-configuration/#the_latency_test_shows_high_latencies

Thanks for the hint,

--
Philippe.