* Pure initramfs image
@ 2015-12-03 16:24 Michael Habibi
From: Michael Habibi @ 2015-12-03 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

All,

I have interest in creating an image that runs purely in an initramfs
space. It seems that overall this shouldn't be too difficult - I can set my
IMAGE_FSTYPE to cpio.gz, and as long as it's a reasonable size, it
shouldn't be an issue to point to it as an initrd. The only quirk is that
kernel modules are split out from the rootfs deployment (two separate
archives). Is there a way to combine the modules directly into the rootfs
archive?

Thanks,
Michael

* Re: Pure initramfs image
@ 2015-12-03 16:32 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2015-12-03 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 2015-12-03 09:24, Michael Habibi wrote:
> All,
>
> I have interest in creating an image that runs purely in an initramfs space. It seems that overall this shouldn't be too difficult - I can set my IMAGE_FSTYPE to cpio.gz, and as
> long as it's a reasonable size, it shouldn't be an issue to point to it as an initrd. The only quirk is that kernel modules are split out from the rootfs deployment (two separate
> archives). Is there a way to combine the modules directly into the rootfs archive?

Just add the kernel-modules package to your install.  This
will install all of the kernel modules into your rootfs.

* Re: Pure initramfs image
@ 2015-12-03 19:09   ` Michael Habibi
From: Michael Habibi @ 2015-12-03 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: yocto