* Announcing Connectathon 2016
@ 2015-12-07 17:42 Bill Baker
From: Bill Baker @ 2015-12-07 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfsv4; +Cc: linux-nfs, tina.hartshorn

Greetings,

Oracle will be hosting Connectathon 2016, running
from 2/29/2016 thru 3/4/2016.

I've updated the website, http://www.connectathon.info
to reflect the dates, and will be adding the registration
form and CDA soon.  We'll be keeping our "no registration
fee" policy from last year, for organizations with 5 or
fewer attendees.

Please contact our event coordinator,
Tina.Hartshorn@oracle.com, if you need
additional information or have special requirements.

Even if you aren't ready to register, it is still useful
to us to provide an approximation of the number of
attendees, for catering and space planning.

Feel free to forward this on to other interested
parties.

Bill Baker - Oracle Solaris NFS development

* Talks at Connectathon 2016
@ 2016-01-20 17:01 ` Rob Thurlow
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Rob Thurlow @ 2016-01-20 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Baker, nfsv4; +Cc: linux-nfs, tina.hartshorn

On 12/7/15 10:42 AM, Bill Baker wrote:

> Oracle will be hosting Connectathon 2016, running
> from 2/29/2016 thru 3/4/2016.
>
> I've updated the website, http://www.connectathon.info

Greetings, presenters!  I’m organizing the Connectathon talks again
for Connectathon 2016.

Unlike the testing floor, these talks are open to the public, and will
be held in the upstairs conference room in the Mellon Auditorium, as in
years past.  The talks will be held on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
during Connectathon.  Appropriate topics are technical talks on areas
that are of broad interest to the NFS community.

If you are interested in presenting a talk, please send me:

   o  A presentation title
   o  A 2-4 sentence abstract of the presentation
   o  The name and e-mail addresses of all presenters.  I will not share
these with anyone
   o  How long you need: typically 30 or 60 minutes
   o  Expected audience (Small/Medium/Large)

A VGA overhead projector is available.

In addition to presentations by individuals, we have space for “birds of
a feather” sessions where we can hold group discussion on topics
relevant to our community.  These sessions could be held during one or
more of the normal talk slots, or could possibly be scheduled for
Wednesday afternoon in a smaller location.  They would also be open
to the public.  Some initial ideas for BOF sessions include:

   o  NFS Testing (a perennial favorite)
   o  NFS/Kerberos (especially ease of use)
   o  NFS/RDMA
   o  RPCSEC_GSSv3

Please give these a +1 and/or send other suggestions.

A schedule of talks and BOF sessions will be posted on the
www.connectathon.info web site as we get closer to the event.

Thanks,
Rob Thurlow

* Re: [nfsv4] Talks at Connectathon 2016
@ 2016-01-22  3:09   ` Marc Eshel
From: Marc Eshel @ 2016-01-22  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Thurlow; +Cc: Bill Baker, tina.hartshorn, linux-nfs, nfsv4

Manoj and I can present and update on the NFS xattr progress, now that it
is a working group draft and describe our current implantation, maybe even
give a demo.
Marc.

From:   Rob Thurlow <robert.thurlow@oracle.com>
To:     Bill Baker <bill.baker@oracle.com>, nfsv4@ietf.org
Cc:     tina.hartshorn@oracle.com, linux-nfs@vger.kernel.org
Date:   01/20/2016 09:11 AM
Subject:        [nfsv4] Talks at Connectathon 2016
Sent by:        "nfsv4" <nfsv4-bounces@ietf.org>

On 12/7/15 10:42 AM, Bill Baker wrote:

> Oracle will be hosting Connectathon 2016, running
> from 2/29/2016 thru 3/4/2016.
>
> I've updated the website, http://www.connectathon.info

Greetings, presenters!  I’m organizing the Connectathon talks again
for Connectathon 2016.

Unlike the testing floor, these talks are open to the public, and will
be held in the upstairs conference room in the Mellon Auditorium, as in
years past.  The talks will be held on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
during Connectathon.  Appropriate topics are technical talks on areas
that are of broad interest to the NFS community.

If you are interested in presenting a talk, please send me:

   o  A presentation title
   o  A 2-4 sentence abstract of the presentation
   o  The name and e-mail addresses of all presenters.  I will not share
these with anyone
   o  How long you need: typically 30 or 60 minutes
   o  Expected audience (Small/Medium/Large)

A VGA overhead projector is available.

In addition to presentations by individuals, we have space for “birds of
a feather” sessions where we can hold group discussion on topics
relevant to our community.  These sessions could be held during one or
more of the normal talk slots, or could possibly be scheduled for
Wednesday afternoon in a smaller location.  They would also be open
to the public.  Some initial ideas for BOF sessions include:

   o  NFS Testing (a perennial favorite)
   o  NFS/Kerberos (especially ease of use)
   o  NFS/RDMA
   o  RPCSEC_GSSv3

Please give these a +1 and/or send other suggestions.

A schedule of talks and BOF sessions will be posted on the
www.connectathon.info web site as we get closer to the event.

Thanks,
Rob Thurlow

* Re: Announcing Connectathon 2016
@ 2016-01-22 17:50 ` Bill Baker
From: Bill Baker @ 2016-01-22 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfsv4; +Cc: linux-nfs, tina.hartshorn

Registration for Connecathon 2016 is open!  Please
register early to help us do space & catering planning.

--
Bill Baker, Oracle ZFSSA/NFS development

* Re: [nfsv4] Talks at Connectathon 2016
@ 2016-01-22 18:12   ` Chuck Lever
From: Chuck Lever @ 2016-01-22 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Jan 20, 2016, at 9:01 AM, Rob Thurlow <robert.thurlow@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> In addition to presentations by individuals, we have space for “birds of a feather” sessions where we can hold group discussion on topics relevant to our community.  These sessions could be held during one or
> more of the normal talk slots, or could possibly be scheduled for
> Wednesday afternoon in a smaller location.  They would also be open
> to the public.  Some initial ideas for BOF sessions include:
>
>  o  NFS Testing (a perennial favorite)
>  o  NFS/Kerberos (especially ease of use)
>  o  NFS/RDMA

+1

@ 2016-01-22 18:21     ` Adamson, Andy
From: Adamson, Andy @ 2016-01-22 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever
  Cc: Robert Thurlow, Bill Baker, tina.hartshorn,
	Linux NFS Mailing List, nfsv4

> On Jan 22, 2016, at 1:12 PM, Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@oracle.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 20, 2016, at 9:01 AM, Rob Thurlow <robert.thurlow@oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> In addition to presentations by individuals, we have space for “birds of a feather” sessions where we can hold group discussion on topics relevant to our community.  These sessions could be held during one or
>> more of the normal talk slots, or could possibly be scheduled for
>> Wednesday afternoon in a smaller location.  They would also be open
>> to the public.  Some initial ideas for BOF sessions include:
>>
>> o  NFS Testing (a perennial favorite)
>> o  NFS/Kerberos (especially ease of use)
>> o  NFS/RDMA
>
> +1
>
>> o  RPCSEC_GSSv3

I’m probably not attending connectathon - but could give a webex talk on RPCSEC_GSSv3

—>Andy

@ 2016-01-27 10:55   ` Mkrtchyan, Tigran
From: Mkrtchyan, Tigran @ 2016-01-27 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Baker; +Cc: linux-nfs, tina hartshorn

Hi Bill,

I can't make it this time and, what is most important part of Connectatons,
will miss the diner at New Krung Thai. Have a nice time!

Tigran.

@ 2016-01-27 13:50     ` Tina Hartshorn
From: Tina Hartshorn @ 2016-01-27 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mkrtchyan, Tigran; +Cc: Bill Baker, linux-nfs

We will definitely miss you!!!!  We will take pics of dinner so you
won't feel so bad - haha.

Hope to see you next year.

Mkrtchyan, Tigran wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>

> I can't make it this time and, what is most important part of Connectatons,
> will miss the diner at New Krung Thai. Have a nice time!
>
> Tigran.

* Re: Talks at Connectathon 2016
@ 2016-02-08 20:13   ` Rob Thurlow
From: Rob Thurlow @ 2016-02-08 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfsv4; +Cc: linux-nfs

Hi folks,

I don't have many talks yet, so I am shaking the bushes.  Getting
your ideas out in front of other NFS experts has a lot of value,
whether you have a novel idea or want to see more uniform behaviour
between vendors.

Oh, and it would probably also be good to remind you to register,
too.  Testing your current code or code under development against
other vendor's code at the show offers a much cheaper and faster
way to find and resolve issues than waiting to see it at customer
sites.  Remember that even if you haven't changed your code, others
have.

Thanks,
Rob T