* x86 fpu: command-line parameters broken post-FPU-rewrite
@ 2015-12-08 20:43 Dave Hansen
From: Dave Hansen @ 2015-12-08 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ingo Molnar, the arch/x86 maintainers, LKML, Yu, Yu-cheng, Yu, Fenghua

Hey Ingo,

We were starting to look at reenabling XSAVES support and tried to use
the 'noxsave' and 'noxsaves' kernel command-line options.  The rewrite
moved the FPU initialization to before we even are parsing command-line
options, even the early_param()s.

Do you have any preferences on how it gets fixed?

The most obvious thing would be to just defer as much of the FPU setup
as we can until after parse_early_param() has happened.  The only other
think I can think of doing would be to try to do some *really* early,
simple, command-line parsing to look for 'noxsave' and friends.

Thoughts?