* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] old batman-adv within 15.05 brunch?
@ 2015-08-01 16:05 Ufo
From: Ufo @ 2015-08-01 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

is there a reason for staying with batman-adv 2014 for openwrt 15.05?

our current freifunk leipzig running batman-adv 2015.0 and it seems to work

https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/master/batman-adv

vs.

https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/for-15.05/batman-adv

--
---
Freifunk Leipzig http://leipzig.freifunk.net

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] old batman-adv within 15.05 brunch?
@ 2015-08-01 18:27 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2015-08-01 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

On Saturday 01 August 2015 18:05:36 Ufo wrote:
> is there a reason for staying with batman-adv 2014 for openwrt 15.05?
>
> our current freifunk leipzig running batman-adv 2015.0 and it seems to work
>
> https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/master/batman-adv
>
> vs.
>
> https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/for-15.05/batman-adv

I would even say that it should switch to 2015.1 (not yet released) because it
fixes some nasty problems:

batman-adv 2015.1

 * support latest kernels (2.6.29 - 4.2)
 * cleanup of coding style
 * cleanup of the compatibility layer
 * convert to the Linux source directory structure
 * adjust default configuration
   - disable network coding
   - enable bridge loop avoidance
 * bugs squashed:
   - avoid DAT to mess up local LAN state
   - fix race conditions in DAT/NC/TT/MCAST TVLV handlers
   - fix build system POSIX compatibility
   - fix gateway selection in fast connection (1) gw_mode
   - fix initialization of detected gateway
   - fix race conditions in the translation table
   - fix kernel crash due to missing NULL checks in vlan handlers
   - fix potentially broken header access by multicast optimization
   - fix broadcast packets cleanup for purged outgoing interface

 -- XXX, XX Aug 2015 XX:XX:XX +0200

batman-adv 2015.0

 * support latest kernels (2.6.29 - 4.1)
 * cleanup of coding style and add kerneldoc
 * bugs squashed:
   - fix incorrect lockdep warning in network coding
   - fix condition when bonding should be used
   - fix support of bridged batman-adv devices with kernel < 2.6.39

 -- Tue, 28 Apr 2015 20:20:02 +0200

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] old batman-adv within 15.05 brunch?
@ 2015-12-10  9:36   ` Ufo
From: Ufo @ 2015-12-10  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

so who wants to do that? :-o
or maybe there are other purposes to keep the older version within 15-05
brunch?

@ 2015-12-10 10:49     ` cmsv
From: cmsv @ 2015-12-10 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

On 12/10/2015 04:36 AM, Ufo wrote:
> so who wants to do that? :-o
> or maybe there are other purposes to keep the older version within 15-05
> brunch?

Maybe's  in the land of 1's and 0's don't make sense.

> On 01.08.2015 20:27, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
>> On Saturday 01 August 2015 18:05:36 Ufo wrote:
>>> is there a reason for staying with batman-adv 2014 for openwrt 15.05?
>>>
>>> our current freifunk leipzig running batman-adv 2015.0 and it seems
>>> to work

I am building CC r47678 with batctl 2015.1 [batman-adv: 2015.1] and so
far testing it with 2 routers and no problems at all.

If anyone has some feedback in regards why we should not give it a go to
2015, let us know

>>> https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/master/batman-adv
>>>
>>> vs.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/for-15.05/batman-adv
>> I would even say that it should switch to 2015.1 (not yet released)

Make your own local repo and feed and you are ready to build.