* Kernel Version Dependency in BB Recipe
@ 2015-10-29  4:19 Andres Sagot
From: Andres Sagot @ 2015-10-29  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

* To Specify the Linux Kernel Local Path In SRC_URI
@ 2015-10-29  5:15 ` YUKATHARSANI JEYACHANDRA
From: YUKATHARSANI JEYACHANDRA @ 2015-10-29  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I am trying to build kernel image for new hardware.

So, I prefer to use my linux 3.x version with specific changes.

I want bitbake to fetch the local path of my linux.

Is it possible to specify the local path in SRC_URI.

Thanks and Regards,

Yukatharsani J.

________________________________
From: Khem Raj @ 2015-10-29  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: YUKATHARSANI JEYACHANDRA; +Cc: yocto

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:15 PM, YUKATHARSANI JEYACHANDRA
<yukatharsanij@tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build kernel image for new hardware.
>
> So, I prefer to use my linux 3.x version with specific changes.
>
> I want bitbake to fetch the local path of my linux.
>
> Is it possible to specify the local path in SRC_URI.

yes. use file:///path/to/linux.tar or even you can use externalsrc and
point it to your tree during development.
read through
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#building-software-from-an-external-source

@ 2015-10-30  9:33     ` Yukatharsani Jeyachandra
From: Yukatharsani Jeyachandra @ 2015-10-30  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

Thank you khem..It worked.

On 29-10-2015 11:19, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:15 PM, YUKATHARSANI JEYACHANDRA
> <yukatharsanij@tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to build kernel image for new hardware.
>>
>> So, I prefer to use my linux 3.x version with specific changes.
>>
>> I want bitbake to fetch the local path of my linux.
>>
>> Is it possible to specify the local path in SRC_URI.
> yes. use file:///path/to/linux.tar or even you can use externalsrc and
> point it to your tree during development.
> read through
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#building-software-from-an-external-source
>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Yukatharsani J.
>>

>> ________________________________

* To Customize the toolchain path in meta-bsp layer
@ 2015-12-09 13:51     ` Yukatharsani Jeyachandra
From: Yukatharsani Jeyachandra @ 2015-12-09 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: yocto

Hi All,

          I am trying to build my meta-bsp layer using external linaro
toolchain path.
           But i am getting some issues since i set EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN
path in local.conf file.
           Is there any way to customize my meta layer alone to take
external linaro tool chain not other general meta layers.

Thanks and Regards,
Yukatharsani J.

On 29-10-2015 11:19, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:15 PM, YUKATHARSANI JEYACHANDRA
> <yukatharsanij@tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to build kernel image for new hardware.
>>
>> So, I prefer to use my linux 3.x version with specific changes.
>>
>> I want bitbake to fetch the local path of my linux.
>>
>> Is it possible to specify the local path in SRC_URI.
> yes. use file:///path/to/linux.tar or even you can use externalsrc and
> point it to your tree during development.
> read through
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#building-software-from-an-external-source
>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Yukatharsani J.
>>

>> ________________________________

* Re: Computing transaction Error
@ 2015-12-10 14:31       ` Yukatharsani Jeyachandra
From: Yukatharsani Jeyachandra @ 2015-12-10 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi All,

I am getting the following error while running my bsp image.

Computing transaction...error: Can't install
packagegroup-mrvl-bsp-1.0-r17.1@bg4ct: no package provides amp

Any idea what might go wrong ?

Thanks and Regards,
Yukatharsani J.