* [meta-qt5] [meta-ruby] jethro: dependencies on xfce-layer and xfconf probably make qt5 unbuildable without X
@ 2015-12-10 18:01 Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo @ 2015-12-10 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I was trying to see if I could build
core-image-minimal | meta-toolchain-qt5
and I stumbled into

ERROR: Layer 'ruby-layer' depends on layer 'xfce-layer', but this layer
is not enabled in your configuration

that probably is due to

http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/107727/

I'm willing to try to make it "optimal" and I'm trying to figure out
what it is all about.

Any help would be apreciated.

Most probably whatever imsettings is should be optional rather than a
required.

Of course problem occurs just with jethro, there is no imsettings in
fido and I've been able to bake and run images for my board without X.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it

* Re: [meta-qt5] [meta-ruby] jethro: dependencies on xfce-layer and xfconf probably make qt5 unbuildable without X
@ 2015-12-10 18:30 ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2015-12-10 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 07:01:41PM +0100, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> I was trying to see if I could build
> core-image-minimal | meta-toolchain-qt5
> and I stumbled into
>
> ERROR: Layer 'ruby-layer' depends on layer 'xfce-layer', but this layer
> is not enabled in your configuration

Why do you use ruby-layer?

meta-qt5 no longer requires ruby-layer, because ruby-native was moved to
oe-core.

Similarly imsettings now doesn't need to be in meta-ruby, because it was
moved there just because of ruby dependency, so now it can be moved
back.

Regards,

> that probably is due to
>
> http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/107727/
>
> I'm willing to try to make it "optimal" and I'm trying to figure out
> what it is all about.
>
> Any help would be apreciated.
>
> Most probably whatever imsettings is should be optional rather than a
> required.
>
> Of course problem occurs just with jethro, there is no imsettings in
> fido and I've been able to bake and run images for my board without X.
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
> http://www.webthatworks.it

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa@gmail.com

* Re: [meta-qt5] [meta-ruby] jethro: dependencies on xfce-layer and xfconf probably make qt5 unbuildable without X
@ 2015-12-10 18:57   ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2015-12-10 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 07:30:26PM +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 07:01:41PM +0100, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> > I was trying to see if I could build
> > core-image-minimal | meta-toolchain-qt5
> > and I stumbled into
> >
> > ERROR: Layer 'ruby-layer' depends on layer 'xfce-layer', but this layer
> > is not enabled in your configuration
>
> Why do you use ruby-layer?
>
> meta-qt5 no longer requires ruby-layer, because ruby-native was moved to
> oe-core.
>
> Similarly imsettings now doesn't need to be in meta-ruby, because it was
> moved there just because of ruby dependency, so now it can be moved
> back.

See "imsettings: Move from meta-ruby to meta-xfce" in master-next

@ 2015-12-11 22:29   ` Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo @ 2015-12-11 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 12/10/2015 07:30 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 07:01:41PM +0100, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
>> I was trying to see if I could build
>> core-image-minimal | meta-toolchain-qt5
>> and I stumbled into
>>
>> ERROR: Layer 'ruby-layer' depends on layer 'xfce-layer', but this layer
>> is not enabled in your configuration
>
> Why do you use ruby-layer?
>
> meta-qt5 no longer requires ruby-layer, because ruby-native was moved to
> oe-core.
>
> Similarly imsettings now doesn't need to be in meta-ruby, because it was
> moved there just because of ruby dependency, so now it can be moved
> back.

After solving a couple of other problems (freescale specific stuff) and
delaying to solve some others (sdl/qemu) I succeeded to build an image.

Maybe later I'll get back to the list if I need help with the sdl/qemu
problem.

Thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo