* Stable release HOWTO: hunt for lost page
@ 2015-12-14 14:20 Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-12-14 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Cutler, Abhishek L, Abhishek Varshney; +Cc: Ceph Development

It looks like we've lost http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_triage_incoming_backport_pull_requests . We can re-write it, of course, it's not that complex. But looking at the index I can't find it ( http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/index ) and the activity backlog ( http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/activity?utf8=%E2%9C%93&show_issues=1&show_wiki_edits=1 ) does not show an event when a page is deleted.

I suppose it's an accident and I propose we disable the page deletion feature to avoid such mistakes in the future (pages can be renamed to things like REMOVE-ME instead ;-).

What do you think ?

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* Re: Stable release HOWTO: hunt for lost page
@ 2015-12-14 14:40 ` Abhishek Varshney
From: Abhishek Varshney @ 2015-12-14 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary; +Cc: Nathan Cutler, Abhishek L, Ceph Development

Hi Loic,

I have revived the page at
http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_triage_incoming_backport_pull_requests
from https://web.archive.org with a version cached on 4th October.
Please review it, in case there are any changes to it.

Disabling the page deletion sounds like a good idea.

Thanks
Abhishek

@ 2015-12-14 14:58   ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2015-12-14 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Varshney; +Cc: Nathan Cutler, Abhishek L, Ceph Development

Hi Abhishek,

On 14/12/2015 15:40, Abhishek Varshney wrote:
> Hi Loic,
>
> I have revived the page at
> http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_triage_incoming_backport_pull_requests
> from https://web.archive.org with a version cached on 4th October.

Perfect ! It has not changed much in the past few month, I can't think of something we added that would be missing.

> Please review it, in case there are any changes to it.
>
> Disabling the page deletion sounds like a good idea.

Done.

Cheers

@ 2015-12-14 19:23     ` Alfredo Deza
From: Alfredo Deza @ 2015-12-14 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary
  Cc: Abhishek Varshney, Nathan Cutler, Abhishek L, Ceph Development

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Loic Dachary <loic@dachary.org> wrote:
> Hi Abhishek,
>
> On 14/12/2015 15:40, Abhishek Varshney wrote:
>> Hi Loic,
>>
>> I have revived the page at
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_triage_incoming_backport_pull_requests
>> from https://web.archive.org with a version cached on 4th October.
>
> Perfect ! It has not changed much in the past few month, I can't think of something we added that would be missing.
>
>> Please review it, in case there are any changes to it.
>>
>> Disabling the page deletion sounds like a good idea.
>
> Done.
>
> Cheers
>

>> Thanks
>> Abhishek
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 7:50 PM, Loic Dachary <loic@dachary.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It looks like we've lost http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO_triage_incoming_backport_pull_requests . We can re-write it, of course, it's not that complex. But looking at the index I can't find it ( http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/index ) and the activity backlog ( http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/activity?utf8=%E2%9C%93&show_issues=1&show_wiki_edits=1 ) does not show an event when a page is deleted.
>>>
>>> I suppose it's an accident and I propose we disable the page deletion feature to avoid such mistakes in the future (pages can be renamed to things like REMOVE-ME instead ;-).

Maybe this should be in source control? There are plenty of
repositories where this could live in the ceph org. If that doesn't
accommodate this use case we could certainly have a distinct one
created