* Patch size problem
@ 2015-12-17 16:04 Joao Pinto
From: Joao Pinto @ 2015-12-17 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-scsi

Hi,
I have a patch ready to send which contains a new UFS driver, but the problem is
that the patch size is ~200K and my company' email security blocks it.
Is it possible to send the driver in a tarball?

Thanks,
Joao

* Re: Patch size problem
@ 2015-12-17 22:26 ` Julian Calaby
From: Julian Calaby @ 2015-12-17 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joao Pinto; +Cc: linux-scsi

Hi Joao,

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 3:04 AM, Joao Pinto <Joao.Pinto@synopsys.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a patch ready to send which contains a new UFS driver, but the problem is
> that the patch size is ~200K and my company' email security blocks it.
> Is it possible to send the driver in a tarball?

The usual practise in this case is to split it into patches per file
(I assume it's broken down into a few separate files to implement
different bits of functionality) sending the bits that link it into
the build system (Kconfig and Makefiles) last.

Alternatively, if you have a non-work account, you could send it
through that with appropriate From headers at the top of the email.

Julian Calaby

Email: julian.calaby@gmail.com
Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/julian.calaby/