* Demos for FOSDEM 2016
@ 2015-12-17 10:43 Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-12-17 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core, yocto

Hi all,

OpenEmbedded will have a huge 2-table stand at FOSDEM'16, which happens
January 30th and 31st in Brussels.

We need to fill up those 2 tables with something, so this is a call for
demos. If you have something built with OpenEmbedded you'd like to show,
let me know.

Looking forward to your hundreds of demo proposals ;)

Cheers,

Belén

* Re: [OE-core] Demos for FOSDEM 2016
@ 2015-12-17 20:09   ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2015-12-17 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barros Pena, Belen, openembedded-core, yocto

On 12/17/2015 05:43 AM, Barros Pena, Belen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> OpenEmbedded will have a huge 2-table stand at FOSDEM'16, which happens
> January 30th and 31st in Brussels.
>
> We need to fill up those 2 tables with something, so this is a call for
> demos. If you have something built with OpenEmbedded you'd like to show,
> let me know.
>
> Looking forward to your hundreds of demo proposals ;)

Remember we are "selling" the OpenEmbedded build system, not cool
gadgets. (Yes, we have the same problem every year).

We do want to show that we can build embedded Linux solutions for a
variety of hardware, both development and production systems.

I'm working toward having two different pieces of hardware, both running
the same SDR app. And I want to ahve a copy of toaster running to show
how the images are built.

Philip

From: Philip Balister @ 2015-12-17 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barros Pena, Belen, openembedded-core, yocto

On 12/17/2015 05:43 AM, Barros Pena, Belen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> OpenEmbedded will have a huge 2-table stand at FOSDEM'16, which happens
> January 30th and 31st in Brussels.
>
> We need to fill up those 2 tables with something, so this is a call for
> demos. If you have something built with OpenEmbedded you'd like to show,
> let me know.
>
> Looking forward to your hundreds of demo proposals ;)

Remember we are "selling" the OpenEmbedded build system, not cool
gadgets. (Yes, we have the same problem every year).

We do want to show that we can build embedded Linux solutions for a
variety of hardware, both development and production systems.

I'm working toward having two different pieces of hardware, both running
the same SDR app. And I want to ahve a copy of toaster running to show
how the images are built.

Philip

> Cheers,
>
> Belén

* Re: Demos for FOSDEM 2016
  (?)
@ 2015-12-18  9:58   ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-12-18  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister, openembedded-core

On 17/12/2015 20:09, "Philip Balister" <philip@balister.org> wrote:

>On 12/17/2015 05:43 AM, Barros Pena, Belen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> OpenEmbedded will have a huge 2-table stand at FOSDEM'16, which happens
>> January 30th and 31st in Brussels.
>>
>> We need to fill up those 2 tables with something, so this is a call for
>> demos. If you have something built with OpenEmbedded you'd like to show,
>> let me know.
>>
>> Looking forward to your hundreds of demo proposals ;)
>
>Remember we are "selling" the OpenEmbedded build system, not cool
>gadgets. (Yes, we have the same problem every year).
>
>We do want to show that we can build embedded Linux solutions for a
>variety of hardware, both development and production systems.
>
>I'm working toward having two different pieces of hardware, both running
>the same SDR app.

Sounds good.

>And I want to ahve a copy of toaster running to show
>how the images are built.

If you need any help with the Toaster bit, let us know.

Cheers

Belén