* stripe_cache_active always 0
@ 2016-01-07  3:09 Adam Goryachev
From: Adam Goryachev @ 2016-01-07  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

I remember some years ago when I was building my storage servers I spent
a lot of time optimising performance, and eventually got some really
good stats and more importantly, good enough performance that users
stopped complaining, and things "just work".

However, when comparing config with another server, I noticed one of the
values I configured was stripe_cache_size, and I was setting this to
4096 (which was the peak performance compared to higher/lower numbers at
the time).

In any case, I'm looking at a "in use" system, and looking at
stripe_cache_active and it is always 0. I'm trying to find some docs on
what this value means?
Is the stripe cache disabled?
Are there just no stripes in the cache?

If it is always 0, then does it mean I don't need to adjust the
stripe_cache_size (I presume worst case is I am wasting RAM which is not
really important anyway).

Thanks,
Adam

--