* [U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Microblaze changes
@ 2016-01-14  8:51 Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2016-01-14  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

here are microblaze patches for moving stuff to DM. This is the patch
series which we postpone to next release. Buildman doesn't show any
problems for mb, zynq_zc702 and zynqmp.

Thanks,
Michal

The following changes since commit d29892ba854f40980b84f86566cd0c2308c66afe:

  part_dos.c: Don't wrap to negative after 2G sectors (2016-01-13
16:33:20 -0500)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-microblaze.git mb

for you to fetch changes up to 8283903d4df0685af98a45d323f880ce07c60cec:

  microblaze: Fix board_init calling sequence (2016-01-14 09:35:04 +0100)

Michal Simek (45):
      microblaze: Remove CONSOLE_ARG
      microblaze: Move baudrate setting out driver selection
      serial: uartlite: Move driver to DM
      serial: uartlite: Add support for debug console
      serial: uartlite: Add uartlite to Kconfig
      microblaze: Enable uart16550 DM by default
      microblaze: Do not print eth device when DM_ETH is enabled
      microblaze: Enable PHYLIB via Kconfig
      microblaze: Remove unused I2C macros
      microblaze: Wire-up debug_uart in asm
      microblaze: Enable MICREL_KSZ9021
      net: axi_emac: Fix parentheses around operand !
      net: axi_emac: Show phy address instead of register content
      net: axi_emac: Pass directly pointer to register space
      net: axi_emac: Put iobase to private structure
      net: axi_emac: Pass private structure to phyread/phywrite
      net: axi_emac: Pass private structure where possible
      net: axi_emac: Move driver to DM
      net: axi_emac: Enable access to MDIO in probe
      net: axi_emac: Split recv from free_pkt
      net: axi_emac: Rename start, stop, write_hwaddr functions
      net: Add axi emac to Kconfig
      net: emaclite: Remove ancient OF probe function
      net: emaclite: Add MDIO support to driver
      net: emaclite: Convert MDIO to use register offset
      net: emaclite: Use indirect register access for tx_ping/pong
      net: emaclite: Use indirect register access for rx_ping/pong
      net: emaclite: Use indirect register access for TX reset
      net: emaclite: Fix logic around available TX buffers
      net: emaclite: Remove XEL_TSR_XMIT_ACTIVE_MASK flag
      net: emaclite: Use indirect reg access in send
      net: emaclite: Use indirect access in emaclite_recv
      net: emaclite: Move driver to DM
      net: emaclite: Rename start and stop functions
      net: emaclite: Let core to handle received packet
      net: emaclite: Move emaclite to Kconfig
      microblaze: Enable axi emac via Kconfig
      microblaze: Move eth configuration to Kconfig
      microblaze: Remove systemace from board file
      microblaze: Remove CONFIG_FIT from board file
      microblaze: Move CONFIG_NETCONSOLE to Kconfig
      microblaze: Remove empty file - cpu.c
      microblaze: Read information about RAM from DT
      microblaze: Enable HUSH via Kconfig
      microblaze: Fix board_init calling sequence

 arch/microblaze/Kconfig                              |   1 +
 arch/microblaze/cpu/Makefile                         |   2 +-
 arch/microblaze/cpu/cpu.c                            |   9 --
 arch/microblaze/cpu/start.S                          |   4 +
 board/xilinx/microblaze-generic/microblaze-generic.c |  39 +------
 board/xilinx/microblaze-generic/xparameters.h        |  21 ----
 board/xilinx/zynq/board.c                            |  24 ----
 common/cmd_bdinfo.c                                  |   2 +-
 configs/microblaze-generic_defconfig                 |  14 +++
 doc/device-tree-bindings/serial/xilinx_uartlite.txt  |  13 +++
 doc/driver-model/serial-howto.txt                    |   1 -
 drivers/net/Kconfig                                  |  16 +++
 drivers/net/xilinx_axi_emac.c                        | 280
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 drivers/net/xilinx_emaclite.c                        | 610
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------------------
 drivers/serial/Kconfig                               |  14 +++
 drivers/serial/serial_xuartlite.c                    | 194
++++++++++++++-----------------
 include/configs/microblaze-generic.h                 |  74 +-----------
 include/netdev.h                                     |   5 -
 delete mode 100644 arch/microblaze/cpu/cpu.c
 create mode 100644 doc/device-tree-bindings/serial/xilinx_uartlite.txt

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854

* [U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Microblaze changes
@ 2016-01-14 13:17 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-01-14 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 09:51:32AM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> here are microblaze patches for moving stuff to DM. This is the patch
> series which we postpone to next release. Buildman doesn't show any
> problems for mb, zynq_zc702 and zynqmp.

It breaks xilinx-ppc440-generic at least 'tho, please fix, thanks!

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Microblaze changes
@ 2016-01-14 13:50   ` Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2016-01-14 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Ricardo,

On 14.1.2016 14:17, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 09:51:32AM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> here are microblaze patches for moving stuff to DM. This is the patch
>> series which we postpone to next release. Buildman doesn't show any
>> problems for mb, zynq_zc702 and zynqmp.
>
> It breaks xilinx-ppc440-generic at least 'tho, please fix, thanks!

The reason for this break is moving serial driver to DM.
Can you please tell us when you move platform to DM?

Thanks,
Michal

From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2016-01-14 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello Michal

I will give a look to it during the next week. Hopefuly by the end of
it I can give you the patch or an educated estimated. Is this a good
timeline for you?

Thanks!

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu> wrote:
> Hi Ricardo,
>
> On 14.1.2016 14:17, Tom Rini wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 09:51:32AM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> here are microblaze patches for moving stuff to DM. This is the patch
>>> series which we postpone to next release. Buildman doesn't show any
>>> problems for mb, zynq_zc702 and zynqmp.
>>
>> It breaks xilinx-ppc440-generic at least 'tho, please fix, thanks!
>
> The reason for this break is moving serial driver to DM.
> Can you please tell us when you move platform to DM?
>
> Thanks,
> Michal
>
> --
> Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
> w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854
> Maintainer of Linux kernel - Microblaze cpu - http://www.monstr.eu/fdt/
> Maintainer of Linux kernel - Xilinx Zynq ARM architecture
> Microblaze U-BOOT custodian and responsible for u-boot arm zynq platform

Ricardo Ribalda

* [U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Microblaze changes
@ 2016-01-15  7:08       ` Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2016-01-15  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 14.1.2016 21:24, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> Hello Michal
>
> I will give a look to it during the next week. Hopefuly by the end of
> it I can give you the patch or an educated estimated. Is this a good
> timeline for you?

ok. Let's wait one more week and I hope you will have SPL up and running.

Thanks,
Michal

--

@ 2016-01-20 13:23         ` Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2016-01-20 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Ricardo,

are you on track on this?

Thanks,
Michal

--

@ 2016-01-20 13:35           ` Ricardo Ribalda Delgado
From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2016-01-20 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

I have allocated the whole Friday for this

@ 2016-01-22 14:53             ` Ricardo Ribalda Delgado
From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2016-01-22 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello

I will probably have something by next week. Is it ok?

--
Ricardo Ribalda

* [U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Microblaze changes
@ 2016-01-22 18:23               ` Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2016-01-22 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 22.1.2016 15:53, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> Hello
>
> I will probably have something by next week. Is it ok?

do you want to me to wait? I have another sort of 50 patches which I
would like to merge in this merge window to have enough time for testing.

Thanks,
Michal

--

@ 2016-01-22 18:25                 ` Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2016-01-22 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

On 22.1.2016 19:23, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 22.1.2016 15:53, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I will probably have something by next week. Is it ok?
>
> do you want to me to wait? I have another sort of 50 patches which I
> would like to merge in this merge window to have enough time for testing.

ups. It was mentioned to be address to you.

Thanks,
Michal

From: Ricardo Ribalda Delgado @ 2016-01-22 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi

My main concern is that the support for the board is not removed. I have
one active product based on virtex5 ppc440.

Today I had to do some last minute support and now I am on a plane...
Otherwise the patchset would be on your inbox.

I have taken a fast look over the required changes, and it is not that bad.
Most of the hard work has already been done by you for mblaze.

Thanks for your understanding ;).

@ 2016-01-25  9:24                   ` Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2016-01-25  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 22.1.2016 19:34, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> Hi
>
> My main concern is that the support for the board is not removed. I have
> one active product based on virtex5 ppc440.
>
> Today I had to do some last minute support and now I am on a plane...
> Otherwise the patchset would be on your inbox.
>
> I have taken a fast look over the required changes, and it is not that bad.
> Most of the hard work has already been done by you for mblaze.
>
> Thanks for your understanding ;).

You got max 2 more days to solve it. After that I will just disable
uartlite support for this platform and will send updated pull request as
we discussed with Tom.

Thanks,
Michal

--

@ 2016-01-25 15:16                     ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2016-01-25 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 10:24:20AM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 22.1.2016 19:34, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > My main concern is that the support for the board is not removed. I have
> > one active product based on virtex5 ppc440.
> >
> > Today I had to do some last minute support and now I am on a plane...
> > Otherwise the patchset would be on your inbox.
> >
> > I have taken a fast look over the required changes, and it is not that bad.
> > Most of the hard work has already been done by you for mblaze.
> >
> > Thanks for your understanding ;).
>
> You got max 2 more days to solve it. After that I will just disable
> uartlite support for this platform and will send updated pull request as
> we discussed with Tom.

Since this was on IRC, yes, we should disable the uartlite support to
keep 440 building if this can't be resolved by enabling DM there instead
as I don't want to block everything else on this.  Thanks!

--
Tom
From: Tom Rini @ 2015-11-19 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 01:21:29PM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please pull these patches to your tree. I have added there 3 dm patches
> which were Acked-by Simon which fixing manual relocation which is used
> by Microblaze (others are probably without DM now).
>
> Thanks,
> Michal
>

> The following changes since commit 736d1746fb7b8f7cd70657a4a72db2b6bd8de40e:
>
>   itest: add missing break statements to evalexp() (2015-11-18 15:29:00
> -0500)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-microblaze.git master
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 2588f2ddfd60ac617c05def14e9a92fd329721fe:
>
>   dm: sf: Add support for all targets which requires MANUAL_RELOC
> (2015-11-19 13:10:32 +0100)

Applied to u-boot/master, thanks!

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Microblaze changes
@ 2015-11-19 12:21 Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2015-11-19 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

please pull these patches to your tree. I have added there 3 dm patches
which were Acked-by Simon which fixing manual relocation which is used
by Microblaze (others are probably without DM now).

Thanks,
Michal

The following changes since commit 736d1746fb7b8f7cd70657a4a72db2b6bd8de40e:

  itest: add missing break statements to evalexp() (2015-11-18 15:29:00
-0500)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-microblaze.git master

for you to fetch changes up to 2588f2ddfd60ac617c05def14e9a92fd329721fe:

  dm: sf: Add support for all targets which requires MANUAL_RELOC
(2015-11-19 13:10:32 +0100)

Michal Simek (3):
      dm: spi: Add support for all targets which requires MANUAL_RELOC
      dm: core: Add missing entries for manual relocation
      dm: sf: Add support for all targets which requires MANUAL_RELOC

Nathan Rossi (2):
      microblaze: Fix style issues in header files
      microblaze: Fix C99/gnu99 compatiblity for inline functions

 arch/microblaze/include/asm/bitops.h | 63
+++++++++++++++++++++------------------------------------------
 arch/microblaze/include/asm/system.h |  2 +-
 drivers/core/root.c                  |  8 ++++++++
 drivers/mtd/spi/sf-uclass.c          | 23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/spi/spi-uclass.c             | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++

From: Tom Rini @ 2015-04-29 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

@ 2015-04-29  8:29 Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2015-04-29  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

I have just this one small patch. Please apply.

Thanks,
Michal

The following changes since commit cc555bd4f40a652471df4a3621d45ee57df0ca11:

  Merge branch 'master' of git://git.denx.de/u-boot-spi (2015-04-28
07:28:43 -0400)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-microblaze.git

for you to fetch changes up to 127e8a5e4361843dc43cf2f523c66071bbbb9c90:

  microblaze: Fix EMAC Lite initialization (2015-04-29 10:22:25 +0200)

Nathan Rossi (1):
      microblaze: Fix EMAC Lite initialization

 board/xilinx/microblaze-generic/microblaze-generic.c | 2 +-

* [U-Boot] [GIT PULL] microblaze changes
       [not found] <54D8C41F.90508@monstr.eu>
@ 2015-02-09 20:27 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2015-02-09 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 02/09/2015 09:28 AM, Michal Simek wrote:
> [...]
>  include/common.h                                     |   1 +
>  include/configs/microblaze-generic.h                 | 101 ++++++++++-----------------------------
>  delete mode 100644 arch/microblaze/lib/board.c
>

> [u-boot]$ ./tools/buildman/buildman -b microblaze microblaze -sSed
> boards.cfg is up to date. Nothing to do.
> Summary of 21 commits for 1 boards (1 thread, 8 jobs per thread)
> 01: Merge branch 'master' of git://git.denx.de/u-boot-ubi
> microblaze: +   microblaze-generic
> w+../common/spl/spl_nor.c: In function 'spl_nor_load_image':
> w+../common/spl/spl_nor.c:26:10: warning: assignment discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
> 02: common: Move dram_init() declaration to common location
> 03: common/board_r: manual relocation for cmd table
> 04: microblaze: Fix stack usage in interrupt handler
> 05: microblaze: Show return address from exception
> microblaze: (for 1/1 boards)  all +44.0  bss -16.0  rodata +36.0  text +24.0
>             microblaze-generic:  all +44  bss -16  rodata +36  text +24
> 06: microblaze: Fix coding style in exception.c
> 07: microblaze: Remove DEBUG_INT macro and use debug() instead
> 08: microblaze: Fix coding style
> 09: microblaze: Add debug message about enabling interrupts
> 10: microblaze: Remove unneeded data section adding from DTB
> 11: microblaze: Use standard interrupt_init() function
> 12: microblaze: Remove unused asm label
> 13: microblaze: Fix gd_t address which is placed at the end of BRAM
> 14: microblaze: Enable SPL_NOR support when FLASH_BASE is setup
> 15: microblaze: Move architecture to use generic board init
> microblaze: (for 1/1 boards)  all +52380.0  bss +32.0  data +11712.0  rodata -2668.0  spl/u-boot-spl:all +36.0  spl/u-boot-spl:data +36.0  text +43304.0
>             microblaze-generic:  all +52380  bss +32  data +11712  rodata -2668  spl/u-boot-spl:all +36  spl/u-boot-spl:data +36  text +43304
> 16: microblaze: Speedup code copy
> microblaze: (for 1/1 boards)  all +4.0  text +4.0
>             microblaze-generic:  all +4  text +4
> 17: bdinfo: Show information about fdt blob via bdinfo
> microblaze: (for 1/1 boards)  all +116.0  bss -12.0  data +12.0  rodata +32.0  text +84.0
>             microblaze-generic:  all +116  bss -12  data +12  rodata +32  text +84
> 18: microblaze: Do not use CONFIG_SYS_GENERIC_GLOBAL_DATA
> microblaze: (for 1/1 boards)  all +136.0  bss +160.0  text -24.0
>             microblaze-generic:  all +136  bss +160  text -24
> 19: microblaze: Add support for CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_F_LEN
> microblaze: (for 1/1 boards)  all +412.0  bss -8.0  data +8.0  rodata +64.0  text +348.0
>             microblaze-generic:  all +412  bss -8  data +8  rodata +64  text +348
> 20: microblaze: spl: Do not call mem_malloc_init and use early alloc
> microblaze: (for 1/1 boards)  spl/u-boot-spl:all -64.0  spl/u-boot-spl:bss +132.0  spl/u-boot-spl:text -196.0
>             microblaze-generic:  spl/u-boot-spl:all -64  spl/u-boot-spl:bss +132  spl/u-boot-spl:text -196
> 21: microblaze: spl: Add LISTS to linker script

- --
Tom

* [U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Microblaze changes
@ 2015-01-23 21:56 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2015-01-23 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

@ 2015-01-21  9:34 Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2015-01-21  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

please pull these two microblaze fixes to your tree.

Thanks,
Michal

The following changes since commit 768f6096f9c389b5ed36bee2957bee16b085fc4a:

  Merge git://git.denx.de/u-boot-arc (2015-01-20 16:41:11 -0500)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-microblaze.git next

for you to fetch changes up to da931af1b5eaae36dd9e3fb2eaf6b62201ed3a43:

  microblaze: Support stack protection feature (2015-01-21 10:33:07 +0100)

Michal Simek (2):
      microblaze: Enable hardware exception by default
      microblaze: Support stack protection feature

 arch/microblaze/cpu/start.S | 6 +++++-

From: Tom Rini @ 2014-05-06 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

@ 2014-05-06 11:35 Michal Simek