* eDP hot plug support on i915 driver
@ 2016-05-24 22:26 Sanchez, AdolfoX
From: Sanchez, AdolfoX @ 2016-05-24 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx

Hello

Is the eDP hotplugging capability supported by default by the intel graphic driver, or is it necessary any special configuration?

Best Regards,
Adolfo Sanchez

* Re: eDP hot plug support on i915 driver
@ 2016-05-25  8:21 ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2016-05-25  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sanchez, AdolfoX, intel-gfx

On Wed, 25 May 2016, "Sanchez, AdolfoX" <adolfox.sanchez@intel.com> wrote:
> Is the eDP hotplugging capability supported by default by the intel
> graphic driver, or is it necessary any special configuration?

Not supported. It might work by coincidence if you replace the panel
with an identical one.

BR,
Jani.

* Re: eDP hot plug support on i915 driver
@ 2016-05-25  9:44 ` Ville Syrjälä
From: Ville Syrjälä @ 2016-05-25  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sanchez, AdolfoX; +Cc: intel-gfx

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:26:48PM +0000, Sanchez, AdolfoX wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is the eDP hotplugging capability supported by default by the intel graphic driver, or is it necessary any special configuration?

Not sure what you're asking. We do enable the hpd interrupt for eDP
ports, but it's up to the board whether that's actually wired up
to anything. Actually yanking an eDP panel and plugging in a new
different one won't work since we cache the EDID at init time and
never re-read it. And I'm pretty sure these things aren't designed
to be hotplugged anyway, so there's probably some danger of damage
to the hardware.

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel OTC