* [Ocfs2-devel]  [QUESTION] How to recover a deleted file?
@ 2016-03-04  0:47 Shichangkuo
From: Shichangkuo @ 2016-03-04  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocfs2-devel

Hi All,
    I have removed a file which was very important to me by mistake. Does someone once encount a problem like this, and could the file be undeleted?

Many thanks.
Changkuo.Shi
????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????
???
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from H3C, which is
intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by phone or email immediately and delete it!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Ocfs2-devel] [QUESTION] How to recover a deleted file?
@ 2016-03-04  3:08 ` Junxiao Bi
From: Junxiao Bi @ 2016-03-04  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocfs2-devel

On 03/04/2016 08:47 AM, Shichangkuo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     I have removed a file which was very important to me by mistake.
> Does someone once encounta problem like this, and could the file be
> undeleted?
Maybe you can rebuild it manually if released clusters are not reused.
Umount the volume first, then use logdump of debugfs.ocfs2 to find the
latest extents tree of the file before it is removed. With this, you can
copy the removed file out. Good luck.

Thanks,
Junxiao.

> Many thanks.
>
> Changkuo.Shi

> ????????????????????????????????????
> ????
> ???????????????????????????????????
> ?????
> ????????????????????????????????????
> ????
> ???
> H3C, which is
> intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above.
> Any use of the
> information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
> total or partial
> disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
> intended
> recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
> notify the sender
> by phone or email immediately and delete it!

* [Ocfs2-devel] 答复:  [QUESTION] How to recover a deleted file?
@ 2016-03-05  3:15   ` Shichangkuo
From: Shichangkuo @ 2016-03-05  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocfs2-devel

Hi Junxiao,
    Thanks for you reply.
    Unfortunately, the file was removed few days ago, and I cann't find the extents tree with logdump command as the journal file had been rewrited.
    I creat a file and remove it after a while, then the latest extents tree of the file can be found with logdump command. In this situation, the file can be restored.

        Anyway, thanks again.
Changkuo.Shi
???: Junxiao Bi [mailto:junxiao.bi at oracle.com]
????: 2016?3?4? 11:09
???: shichangkuo 09727 (CCPL); ocfs2-devel at oss.oracle.com
??: Re: [Ocfs2-devel] [QUESTION] How to recover a deleted file?

@ 2016-03-07  2:04     ` Gang He
From: Gang He @ 2016-03-07  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocfs2-devel

Hello Changkuo,

Maybe you can use debugfs.ocfs2 to search and dump the inode block, then try to see if the extent tree is destroyed, or not?

Thanks
Gang