* arm64 public OpenStack provider
@ 2016-03-29 10:24 Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2016-03-29 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Haas; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Florian,

Do you happen to know if there exists a public OpenStack provider where you can instantiate arm64 instances ? We're now able to run integration tests on such a cluster and people with access to http://cloudlab.us can benefit from that. I'm looking for an alternative so everyone can give it a try.

An experiment at https://www.runabove.com/armcloud.xml may eventually lead to a publicly available service but the beta is currently closed (fully booked). Although we've been granted access, it's not a solution right now.

http://www.datacentred.co.uk/ no longer provides arm64 instances.

A quick look at http://www.openstack.org/marketplace/public-clouds/ does not show which architectures are available. I could go to each of them, one after the other, but I'm hoping you already know the answer :-)

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* Re: arm64 public OpenStack provider
@ 2016-03-29 15:14 ` Vincent JARDIN
From: Vincent JARDIN @ 2016-03-29 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary, Florian Haas; +Cc: Ceph Development

Loic,

you can use:
   https://www.scaleway.com/pricing/
     4 Dedicated ARM Cores / 3€/month

@ 2016-03-29 16:55   ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2016-03-29 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent JARDIN, Florian Haas; +Cc: Ceph Development

Hi Vincent,

On 29/03/2016 17:14, Vincent JARDIN wrote:
> Loic,
>
> you can use:
>   https://www.scaleway.com/pricing/
>     4 Dedicated ARM Cores / 3€/month

It's definitely the cheapest cloud I know. Last time I checked it did not support the OpenStack API though. Did that change recently ?

Cheers

@ 2016-03-29 19:32     ` Vincent JARDIN
From: Vincent JARDIN @ 2016-03-29 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary, Florian Haas; +Cc: Ceph Development

Le 29/03/2016 18:55, Loic Dachary a écrit :
> It's definitely the cheapest cloud I know. Last time I checked it did not support the OpenStack API though. Did that change recently ?

No, it does not. But your can do your own installation I guess.