From: Oded Hanson <OHanson@xsightsys.com>
To: buildroot@busybox.net
Subject: [Buildroot] Missing Buildroot x86_64 CC Archiver tool in eclipse integration
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:24:00 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Thomas

I am not using autotools or a Makefile based project. I am creating a simple project based on the eclipse project wizards:

1. File -> New -> C++ Project
2.  Static Library -> Empty Project -> Choose Buildroot x86_64 toolchain
3. Finish

Once the project is created, I go to Project properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Build Artifacts. I see there that there is only a shared object and executable option. No static library.

When I go to the toolchain editor, I can see the list of tools (compiler, linker, etc.) but I don't see the archiver tool.. thus.. obviously that?s why we cannot build the static library.

I will maybe try to uninstall everything and reinstall and see if it helps...

Oded