* bug to report
@ 2016-04-08 10:01 chenjinlei
From: chenjinlei @ 2016-04-08 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

I’m encounter a problem due to my own stupidity…
#1 I pushed a project named Android to my repository.
#2 I `mv Android android`, cause I think it’s no good to use the uppercase as my project name.
#3 I pushed it to my repository again…

I found that there `Adnroid` and `android` exist in my repository, and I want to delete the former one.
So I tried to `git pull && git rm Android`, but guess what? I can’t pull the `Android`……

I found that OS X is case-insensitive, while github repository is case-sensitive, thus I can’t `rm Android` any more. It becomes a gosht in my repository and I can never delete it!

OS: OS X
git version: 2.6.4 (Apple Git-63)

* Re: Rename case insensitive
@ 2016-04-08 11:45 ` Torsten Bögershausen
From: Torsten Bögershausen @ 2016-04-08 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chenjinlei, git

On 08.04.16 12:01, chenjinlei wrote:

> I’m encounter a problem due to my own stupidity…
> #1 I pushed a project named Android to my repository.
> #2 I `mv Android android`, cause I think it’s no good to use the uppercase as my project name.
> #3 I pushed it to my repository again…
>
> I found that there `Adnroid` and `android` exist in my repository, and I want to delete the former one.
> So I tried to `git pull && git rm Android`, but guess what? I can’t pull the `Android`……
>
> I found that OS X is case-insensitive, while github repository is case-sensitive, thus I can’t `rm Android` any more. It becomes a gosht in my repository and I can never delete it!

Correct.

#make a fresh clone of your repo to the local disc:
git clone "repo_your_repo_name" temp_repo

# go into that repo
cd temp_repo

# Tell Git to rename the folder in the Git repo:
git mv Android android

#Commit
git commit -m "mv Android android"

#Push back