* [Qemu-devel] configure qemu and compile it on windows
@ 2016-04-10  9:27 Marwa Hamza
From: Marwa Hamza @ 2016-04-10  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

hello
i'm trying to configure qemu on windows so i'm using MinGW and msys
 every time i run the script configure (./configure) an error message show
about missing packages , i fixed those errors i installed pkg-config  ,
zlib packages but the last error i couldn't fix it
ERROR: glib-2.12 gthread-2.0 is required to compile QEMU
please any one have any idea how to fix that
thanks

* Re: [Qemu-devel] configure qemu and compile it on windows
@ 2016-04-10 10:19 ` Stefan Weil
       [not found]   ` <CAGF64GWHjQBaHmHn+vbfLAGM4KUVokGkvaEd6JQVzEU9HHEP5A@mail.gmail.com>
From: Stefan Weil @ 2016-04-10 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marwa Hamza, qemu-devel

Am 10.04.2016 um 11:27 schrieb Marwa Hamza:
> hello
> i'm trying to configure qemu on windows so i'm using MinGW and msys
>  every time i run the script configure (./configure) an error message
> show about missing packages , i fixed those errors i installed
> pkg-config  , zlib packages but the last error i couldn't fix it
> ERROR: glib-2.12 gthread-2.0 is required to compile QEMU
> please any one have any idea how to fix that
> thanks

MinGW is no longer supported because of unmaintained header files,
missing packages, old compilers and other reasons.

I suggest using Cygwin and the Mingw64 cross tools and packages
provided by Cygwin. For 64 bit Windows, see these packages:

https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=mingw64-x86_64&arch=x86_64

32 bit uses these packages:

https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=mingw64-i686&arch=x86_64

(Both examples are for 64 bit Cygwin)

With Cygwin, it is no longer necessary to search packages for QEMU at
different places or to build them yourself.

Either install all those packages, or start with
mingw64-i686-gcc-g++-4.9.2-2,
mingw64-i686-gtk3-3.18.6-1 and maybe some more (most packages needed
will be installed automatically because of dependencies).

Regards,
Stefan

@ 2016-04-10 13:57     ` Marwa Hamza
       [not found]     ` <570A697B.9040501@weilnetz.de>
From: Marwa Hamza @ 2016-04-10 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Weil, qemu-devel

thanks stefan for your answer ,
 i just download cygwin , mingw64 and msys2 and packages u mentioned , all
in c:/ , and i download qemu from source in c:/msys2/ , but when i run
./configure i got this error ERROR: Python not found. Use
--python=/path/to/python
[image: Images intégrées 1]

> thanks stefan for your answer , i just download cygwin , mingw64 and msys2
> and packages u mentioned , all in c:/ , and i download qemu from source in
> c:/msys2/ , but when i run ./configure i got this error ERROR: Python not
> found. Use --python=/path/to/python
> [image: Images intégrées 1]

>> Am 10.04.2016 um 11:27 schrieb Marwa Hamza:
>>
>> hello
>> i'm trying to configure qemu on windows so i'm using MinGW and msys
>>  every time i run the script configure (./configure) an error message
>> show about missing packages , i fixed those errors i installed pkg-config
>>  , zlib packages but the last error i couldn't fix it
>> ERROR: glib-2.12 gthread-2.0 is required to compile QEMU
>> please any one have any idea how to fix that
>> thanks
>>

>> MinGW is no longer supported because of unmaintained header files,
>> missing packages, old compilers and other reasons.
>>
>> I suggest using Cygwin and the Mingw64 cross tools and packages
>> provided by Cygwin. For 64 bit Windows, see these packages:
>>

>> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=mingw64-x86_64&arch=x86_64
>>
>> 32 bit uses these packages:
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=mingw64-i686&arch=x86_64
>>
>> (Both examples are for 64 bit Cygwin)
>>
>> With Cygwin, it is no longer necessary to search packages for QEMU at
>> different places or to build them yourself.
>>
>> Either install all those packages, or start with
>> mingw64-i686-gcc-g++-4.9.2-2,
>> mingw64-i686-gtk3-3.18.6-1 and maybe some more (most packages needed
>> will be installed automatically because of dependencies).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Stefan

[-- Attachment #2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 64514 bytes --]

@ 2016-04-10 20:38       ` Marwa Hamza
From: Marwa Hamza @ 2016-04-10 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Weil, qemu-devel

and how can i add a package to cygwin after the installation ? there is any
command line ? , i didn't find a way to add the python package so i
downloaded from internet like the traditional way , then an other error msg
dispalyed ERROR: "cc" either does not exist or does not work
so i add this cross compiler from cygwin folder
 ./configure --target-list=arm-softmmu --python=/Python27/python
--cc=/cygwin64/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc
and i got this :/
[image: Images intégrées 1]

> Am 10.04.2016 um 15:56 schrieb Marwa Hamza:
> > thanks stefan for your answer , i just download cygwin , mingw64 and
> > msys2 and packages u mentioned , all in c:/ , and i download qemu from
> > source in c:/msys2/ , but when i run ./configure i got this error ERROR:
> > Python not found. Use --python=/path/to/python
> > Images intégrées 1
> >

> You'll need package python-2.7.10-1, too.
>
> As I said, there might be some more packages needed for the QEMU build,
> but they are all available for Cygwin.
>
> Stefan

[-- Attachment #2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 55191 bytes --]

* Re: [Qemu-devel] configure qemu and compile it on windows
@ 2016-04-11 15:56         ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2016-04-11 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marwa Hamza, Stefan Weil, qemu-devel