* [cip-dev] Question about Hyperloop and standard
@ 2016-04-13  0:35 Zhipeng Huang
From: Zhipeng Huang @ 2016-04-13  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi all,

I have read throught the CIP slide in embedded con and quite curious about
the project. One question would be related to Hyperloop, since
transportation is a big part of civil infra, are there any ideas around
Hyperloop ecosystem ? Sensors, control system? I just asking this since I
noticed there has been a hyperloop pod competition going on and its design
is open sourced.

Another question is related standard. On page 7 and the right colume, there
is a section on standardization. Are there any thoughts on what CIP want to
standardize?

THX :)

--
Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Prooduct Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [cip-dev] Question about Hyperloop and standard
@ 2016-04-13 11:29 ` KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
From: KOBAYASHI Yoshitake @ 2016-04-13 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Zhipeng,

Thanks for your interest in CIP project.
We currently do not have a concrete idea for hyperloop project. However,
as you can see our target systems on page 8, we will focus to develop a
common "base-layer" for embedded systems which include control systems.
I think this types of control systems might be required by hyperloop.

Regarding standard on page 7, we think we need to collaborate with other
related project, for example to support industrial network communication
protocols and/or industrial IoT middleware. You can find some related
projects on page 22 which are indicated by green color.

Best regards,
Yoshi