* Help needed. Default value for a event parameter (param=?)
@ 2016-04-26 13:30 Anurup M
From: Anurup M @ 2016-04-26 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-perf-users

I have a question about perf event parameter. I am trying to add an event parameter
which should take a default value if not input by the user.

I have the event added in sys/bus/event_source/devices/<pmu>/events/  and there
is a configurable event parameter "unit=?"
ex: event=0x301,units=?

The perf list list it as below
# perf list
<pmu>/<event_alias>,units=?/ [Kernel PMU event]

Now I have a requirement that If user does not pass any value for the parameter "unit"
I should take a default value in my PMU implementation. Is this supported?

If not please guide me on where the change is needed.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Anurup

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-04-26 13:30 UTC | newest]