* [Bluez-users] avetana JSR-82 implementation
@ 2006-12-31  3:12 mhendred
From: mhendred @ 2006-12-31  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hello,
I am new to this list. I was trying to install avetana's JSR-82
implementation but I kept getting compilation errors. I did some research
and found that avetana's implementation does not work with BlueZ v3.7,
which of course is what i have :( I've been trying to get an earlier
version of BlueZ ( < 3.7) but have found no luck. Developers at avetana
don't seem to want to fix the problem anytime soon, so I was wondering if
I could get the source to an earlier version of BlueZ, as I would like to
start working on a project for school. Thanks and happy holidays!

-MMH

* Re: [Bluez-users] avetana JSR-82 implementation
@ 2007-01-02  4:03 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2007-01-02  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi,

> I am new to this list. I was trying to install avetana's JSR-82
> implementation but I kept getting compilation errors. I did some research
> and found that avetana's implementation does not work with BlueZ v3.7,
> which of course is what i have :( I've been trying to get an earlier
> version of BlueZ ( < 3.7) but have found no luck. Developers at avetana
> don't seem to want to fix the problem anytime soon, so I was wondering if
> I could get the source to an earlier version of BlueZ, as I would like to
> start working on a project for school. Thanks and happy holidays!

all previous releases are available, but I would recommend to fix the
JSR-82 implementation from Avetana. Downgrading the version is not a
good idea.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-users] avetana JSR-82 implementation
@ 2007-01-02 13:10   ` Manu
From: Manu @ 2007-01-02 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi,

> all previous releases are available, but I would recommend to fix the
> JSR-82 implementation from Avetana. Downgrading the version is not a
> good idea.

There are plans to do that, I'm one of the folks involved on that, but
I couldn't make time to fix that, Avetana implementation is very
strange. If anyone is interested please contact me, directly to my
email.
Thanks,
Manuel