* Mounting USB drives on a "read-only-rootfs" based system
@ 2016-06-13 21:22 Jeffrey D Boyer
From: Jeffrey D Boyer @ 2016-06-13 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

New to the list here, so I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find a direct answer to it.

I have a yocto image that was built using the following bb script line: IMAGE_FEATURES += " read-only-rootfs".

As this image eventually resides on a static flash device, it must be read-only.  However, the system hardware supports removable media (SD card and USB drives), and I'd like to be able to mount and write to those removable drives / partitions for data logging purposes.  What needs to be done in order to make the /media directory auto-mountable when a "read-only" image is specified by the build script?

Thanks.