* backport of a fix in master to krogoth
@ 2016-07-12  9:03 Esponde, Joel
From: Esponde, Joel @ 2016-07-12  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Some days ago, we updated poky layer from fido to krogoth and since then we lost the sftp feature when using dropbear instead of openssh.
A commit has been done in the master branch to fix this issue:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=52d130d9e9735af569f018fc9161a54ed198d2d4
This fix could perfectly apply to krogoth too.

Is there so a plan to backport it to krogoth?

Regards,

Joël Esponde
Embedded Software Engineer
Honeywell | Sensing and Productivity Solutions

* Re: backport of a fix in master to krogoth
@ 2016-07-12  9:45 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-07-12  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Esponde, Joel; +Cc: yocto

On 12 July 2016 at 10:03, Esponde, Joel <Joel.Esponde@honeywell.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Some days ago, we updated poky layer from fido to krogoth and since then
> we lost the sftp feature when using dropbear instead of openssh.
>
> A commit has been done in the master branch to fix this issue:
>

> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=52d130d9e9735af569f018fc9161a54ed198d2d4
>
> This fix could perfectly apply to krogoth too.
>

> Is there so a plan to backport it to krogoth?

Certainly.  The fastest way for this to happen would be for you to verify
that it applies and works in krogoth and send the patch yourself (with
[krogoth] in the patch subject so the relevant maintainer spots it).

Ross

* Re: backport of a fix in master to krogoth
@ 2016-07-12 12:11   ` Dominic Sacré
From: Dominic Sacré @ 2016-07-12 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross, Esponde, Joel; +Cc: yocto

On 2016-07-12 11:45, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 12 July 2016 at 10:03, Esponde, Joel <Joel.Esponde@honeywell.com
>     http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=52d130d9e9735af569f018fc9161a54ed198d2d4____
>
>     This fix could perfectly apply to krogoth too.____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Is there so a plan to backport it to krogoth?
>

> Certainly.  The fastest way for this to happen would be for you to
> verify that it applies and works in krogoth and send the patch yourself
> (with [krogoth] in the patch subject so the relevant maintainer spots it).

The patch works fine with krogoth, and I originally sent it with both
master and krogoth in the subject line:

https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/123485/

Should I resend the patch for krogoth?

Dominic

* Re: backport of a fix in master to krogoth
@ 2016-07-12 13:28     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-07-12 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominic Sacré; +Cc: yocto

On 12 July 2016 at 13:11, Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@gmx.de> wrote:

> The patch works fine with krogoth, and I originally sent it with both
> master and krogoth in the subject line:
>
> https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/123485/
>
> Should I resend the patch for krogoth?

Okay, my mistake.  Just ping the original mail and CC Armin Kuster <
akuster808@gmail.com> who is the Krogoth maintainer.

Ross

* Re: backport of a fix in master to krogoth
@ 2016-07-12 14:13     ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2016-07-12 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominic Sacré, Burton, Ross, Esponde, Joel; +Cc: yocto

On 07/12/2016 05:11 AM, Dominic Sacré wrote:
> On 2016-07-12 11:45, Burton, Ross wrote:
>> On 12 July 2016 at 10:03, Esponde, Joel <Joel.Esponde@honeywell.com
>>      http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=52d130d9e9735af569f018fc9161a54ed198d2d4____
>>
>>      This fix could perfectly apply to krogoth too.____
>>
>>      __ __
>>
>>      Is there so a plan to backport it to krogoth?
>>

>> Certainly.  The fastest way for this to happen would be for you to
>> verify that it applies and works in krogoth and send the patch yourself
>> (with [krogoth] in the patch subject so the relevant maintainer spots it).
> The patch works fine with krogoth, and I originally sent it with both
> master and krogoth in the subject line:
>
> https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/123485/
>
> Should I resend the patch for krogoth?

Nay. I got it. Its in my patch bundle but can not see it for some odd
reason.

I just pulled it into akuster/krogoth-next.

thanks for the reminder.
- armin

@ 2016-07-12 16:19       ` Esponde, Joel
From: Esponde, Joel @ 2016-07-12 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
> On 07/12/2016 05:11 AM, Dominic Sacré wrote:
> > On 2016-07-12 11:45, Burton, Ross wrote:
> >> On 12 July 2016 at 10:03, Esponde, Joel <Joel.Esponde@honeywell.com
> >>
> >> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=52d130d9e9735af5
> >> 69f018fc9161a54ed198d2d4____
> >>
> >>      This fix could perfectly apply to krogoth too.____
> >>
> >>      __ __
> >>
> >>      Is there so a plan to backport it to krogoth?
> >>

> >> Certainly.  The fastest way for this to happen would be for you to
> >> verify that it applies and works in krogoth and send the patch
> >> yourself (with [krogoth] in the patch subject so the relevant maintainer
> spots it).
> > The patch works fine with krogoth, and I originally sent it with both
> > master and krogoth in the subject line:
> >
> > https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/123485/
> >
> > Should I resend the patch for krogoth?
>
> Nay. I got it. Its in my patch bundle but can not see it for some odd reason.
>
> I just pulled it into akuster/krogoth-next.
>
> thanks for the reminder.
> - armin

Thanks to all!
This is good news!

Joël Esponde
Honeywell | Sensing and Productivity Solutions