* Some partial kernel configs applied some are ignored
@ 2016-07-26  6:32 Mircea Gliga
From: Mircea Gliga @ 2016-07-26  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello

I have my own layer and I am trying to configure the kernel using
partial configs.
I'm trying to enable netfilter support into the kernel - not as modules,
so I set the CONFIG.... to "y"
I've created a bbappend file in my layer, here:
recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.14.bbappend
The content of this file is:
---
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
SRC_URI += "file://ipv6enable.cfg file://netfilter_minimal.cfg"

SRCREV_machine = "${SRCREV}"
---

In the ipv6enable.cfg file I also enable the ipv6.

recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto/netfilter_minimal.cfg:
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK=y
CONFIG_NF_NAT=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XTABLES=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_CONNTRACK=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_STATE=y
CONFIG_NF_DEFRAG_IPV6=y
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_IPV6=y
CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES=y
CONFIG_NF_NAT_IPV6=y

recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto/ipv6enable.cfg:
CONFIG_IPV6=y
CONFIG_INET6_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_IPV6_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_IPV6_ROUTER_PREF=y

Now I'm configuring the kernel, cleaning first:
* bitbake -c cleansstate linux-yocto
* bitbake linux-yocto -c configure

When inspecting the .config file from
tmp/work/qemuarm-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-yocto/3.14.36+gitAUTOINC+060fa80b79_4817747912-r0/linux-qemuarm-standard-build:

most of the kernel options related to netfilter are set to "m", it's
like my options from my layer are ignored.
But the options from the ipv6enable.cfg file are set correctly (even if
set to "n" or "y" changes are reflected in the output file .config)

I've created the netfilter_minimal.cfg file in this way:
* configure a kernel without any of my changes
* made a backup of .config
* run bitbake linux-yocto -c menuconfig and set the options from there
* save the results to a different file
* resulting file compared with the original file: changes saved in
netfilter_minimal.cfg

Thanks in advance
M.

* Some partial kernel configs applied some are ignored
@ 2016-07-26  6:10 Mircea Gliga