* ipset version
@ 2016-08-24  8:53 Husnu Demir
From: Husnu Demir @ 2016-08-24  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi,

How can I see ipset version? From the kernel modules, I mean,

modinfo ip_set_bitmap_ip
filename:       /lib/modules/4.6.6/extra/netfilter/ipset/ip_set_bitmap_ip.ko
alias:          ip_set_bitmap:ip
author:         Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu>
license:        GPL
depends:        ip_set
vermagic:       4.6.6 SMP mod_unload modversions

There is no version field? I have been compiling from the source, build
daily.

Thanks.

--

Husnu Demir.
Network.

* Re: ipset version
@ 2016-08-24  9:22 ` Jozsef Kadlecsik
From: Jozsef Kadlecsik @ 2016-08-24  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Husnu Demir; +Cc: netfilter

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016, Husnu Demir wrote:

> How can I see ipset version? From the kernel modules, I mean,
>
> modinfo ip_set_bitmap_ip
> filename:       /lib/modules/4.6.6/extra/netfilter/ipset/ip_set_bitmap_ip.ko
> alias:          ip_set_bitmap:ip
> author:         Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu>
> license:        GPL
> depends:        ip_set
> vermagic:       4.6.6 SMP mod_unload modversions
>
> There is no version field? I have been compiling from the source, build
> daily.

There is no version field and that's intentional. The revisions tells
which ipset userspace type revisions are supported by the kernel module.

"ipset h" outputs the revisions supported by the userspace and what new
feature was introduced compared to the previous revision.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu, kadlecsik.jozsef@wigner.mta.hu
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary

* Re: ipset version
@ 2016-08-24 10:41   ` Husnu Demir
From: Husnu Demir @ 2016-08-24 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)