* GitHub - alsa-project - repositories
@ 2018-11-05  8:49 Jaroslav Kysela
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2018-11-05  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ALSA development; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, Vinod Koul

Hi all,

  I finally finished the first phase of the integration with GitHub. All
repositories are now on GitHub and all repositories are mirrored to
alsa-project.org. The github repositories are master (developers should
push changes only to those repositories). If you refer the repository as
the code source (for packaging or so), please, keep to use the
repositories on alsa-project.org (in case when we migrate to other
service in future like GitLab or so). The mirroring is realtime, so the
changes should be visible on git.alsa-project.org in few seconds after
the push.

  I invited few people to the GitHub team and actually Takashi has full
access to all repos, Vinod Koul should have the write access to
tinycompress and Takashi Sakamoto should have the write access to
alsa-gi. If I omitted someone (or someone is not on github), please, let
me know (and register before).

  Because github adds possibility for the pull requests and issue
tracking, I added notifications for them to this (alsa-devel) mailing
list. The short notification should be sent when an pull request or an
issue is opened or changed. I think that it would be best to handle this
per request, so the developer can ask to resend the patch to the mailing
list for the wider review or just push the change with the signing.

  I activated Travis CI for alsa-lib and alsa-utils and I will add other
repos soon, too. URL: https://travis-ci.org/alsa-project

  If you have some ideas which other github applications can be used to
improve the code maintenance, let me know. I will probably play with the
coverity checker (http://scan.coverity.com), too.

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

* Re: GitHub - alsa-project - repositories
@ 2018-11-05 12:54 ` Vinod Koul
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Vinod Koul @ 2018-11-05 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, ALSA development

On 05-11-18, 09:49, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Hi all,

>   I finally finished the first phase of the integration with GitHub. All
> repositories are now on GitHub and all repositories are mirrored to
> alsa-project.org. The github repositories are master (developers should
> push changes only to those repositories). If you refer the repository as
> the code source (for packaging or so), please, keep to use the
> repositories on alsa-project.org (in case when we migrate to other
> service in future like GitLab or so). The mirroring is realtime, so the
> changes should be visible on git.alsa-project.org in few seconds after
> the push.
>
>   I invited few people to the GitHub team and actually Takashi has full
> access to all repos, Vinod Koul should have the write access to
> tinycompress and Takashi Sakamoto should have the write access to
> alsa-gi. If I omitted someone (or someone is not on github), please, let
> me know (and register before).

Thanks Jaroslav,

I guess first thing I need is to update my email id :-)

Btw how would the sync be done wrt git.alsa-project.org repos and github
or we should move to github starting .... ?

>   Because github adds possibility for the pull requests and issue
> tracking, I added notifications for them to this (alsa-devel) mailing
> list. The short notification should be sent when an pull request or an
> issue is opened or changed. I think that it would be best to handle this
> per request, so the developer can ask to resend the patch to the mailing
> list for the wider review or just push the change with the signing.
>
>   I activated Travis CI for alsa-lib and alsa-utils and I will add other
> repos soon, too. URL: https://travis-ci.org/alsa-project
>
>   If you have some ideas which other github applications can be used to
> improve the code maintenance, let me know. I will probably play with the
> coverity checker (http://scan.coverity.com), too.
>
> 					Jaroslav
>
> --
> Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>
> Linux Sound Maintainer; ALSA Project; Red Hat, Inc.

~Vinod

* Re: GitHub - alsa-project - repositories
@ 2018-11-05 15:50 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2018-11-05 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: ALSA development, Vinod Koul

On Mon, 05 Nov 2018 09:49:01 +0100,
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Hi all,

>   I finally finished the first phase of the integration with GitHub. All
> repositories are now on GitHub and all repositories are mirrored to
> alsa-project.org. The github repositories are master (developers should
> push changes only to those repositories). If you refer the repository as
> the code source (for packaging or so), please, keep to use the
> repositories on alsa-project.org (in case when we migrate to other
> service in future like GitLab or so). The mirroring is realtime, so the
> changes should be visible on git.alsa-project.org in few seconds after
> the push.
>
>   I invited few people to the GitHub team and actually Takashi has full
> access to all repos, Vinod Koul should have the write access to
> tinycompress and Takashi Sakamoto should have the write access to
> alsa-gi. If I omitted someone (or someone is not on github), please, let
> me know (and register before).

Thanks, now I updated all repo setups, and confirmed they are
working.

>   Because github adds possibility for the pull requests and issue
> tracking, I added notifications for them to this (alsa-devel) mailing
> list. The short notification should be sent when an pull request or an
> issue is opened or changed. I think that it would be best to handle this
> per request, so the developer can ask to resend the patch to the mailing
> list for the wider review or just push the change with the signing.

Yeah, I guess this would work.  At least, let us give it a try.
If this floods over the ML and SNR becomes too bad, we may reconsider
another channel.

>   I activated Travis CI for alsa-lib and alsa-utils and I will add other
> repos soon, too. URL: https://travis-ci.org/alsa-project
>
>   If you have some ideas which other github applications can be used to
> improve the code maintenance, let me know. I will probably play with the
> coverity checker (http://scan.coverity.com), too.

It sounds like a good idea, indeed.

Thanks!

Takashi

* Re: GitHub - alsa-project - repositories
@ 2018-11-06  0:49 ` Takashi Sakamoto
From: Takashi Sakamoto @ 2018-11-06  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela, ALSA development; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, Vinod Koul

Hi Jaroslav,

On 2018/11/05 17:49, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Hi all,

>    I finally finished the first phase of the integration with GitHub. All
> repositories are now on GitHub and all repositories are mirrored to
> alsa-project.org. The github repositories are master (developers should
> push changes only to those repositories). If you refer the repository as
> the code source (for packaging or so), please, keep to use the
> repositories on alsa-project.org (in case when we migrate to other
> service in future like GitLab or so). The mirroring is realtime, so the
> changes should be visible on git.alsa-project.org in few seconds after
> the push.
>
>    I invited few people to the GitHub team and actually Takashi has full
> access to all repos, Vinod Koul should have the write access to
> tinycompress and Takashi Sakamoto should have the write access to
> alsa-gi. If I omitted someone (or someone is not on github), please, let
> me know (and register before).
>
>    Because github adds possibility for the pull requests and issue
> tracking, I added notifications for them to this (alsa-devel) mailing
> list. The short notification should be sent when an pull request or an
> issue is opened or changed. I think that it would be best to handle this
> per request, so the developer can ask to resend the patch to the mailing
> list for the wider review or just push the change with the signing.
>
>    I activated Travis CI for alsa-lib and alsa-utils and I will add other
> repos soon, too. URL: https://travis-ci.org/alsa-project
>
>    If you have some ideas which other github applications can be used to
> improve the code maintenance, let me know. I will probably play with the
> coverity checker (http://scan.coverity.com), too.

Thanks for your arrangement. This is what I wish for a long time ;)
(however, I apologize my laziness forward to it...)

Just now I sent my PR to alsa-utils[1], and a notification is sent[2]. A
job of Travis-CI runs automatically on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (probably in a
docker container)[3]. In the job, alsa-lib was firstly built, then
alsa-utils was built, as described in '.travis.yaml'. It takes a bit
time to download tex-related packages from us mirror of repository
(http://us-east-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/). A few minutes later,
check icon becomes green on github.com.

I have two concerns.

1. For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (trusty), End-of-life (EOL) is scheduled April
2019. A few months remained but it's better to use recent LTSs such as
18.04 (bionic) to reduce future maintenance cost. (I guess packages
except on 'main' pocket are not already maintained for security
updates.)

2. Message for PR
In my opinion, notification to alsa-devel list is an alternative of
cover-letters in the past. But in this time it doesn't includes change
summary, like:

```
Takashi Sakamoto (3):
   aplay: delete paragraph for obsoleted '--sleep-min' ('-s') option from
     aplay manual
   aplay: add a paragraph for '--samples' ('-s') option to aplay manual
   aplay: improve available conditions for '--samples' and '--duration'
     options

  aplay/aplay.1 | 10 +++++++---
```

If it's difficult to include the change summary automatically into the
notification, it's worth to discuss that PR senders should include it
handy to PR message.

[1] https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/1
[2]
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2018-November/141505.html
[3]
https://travis-ci.org/alsa-project/alsa-utils/builds/451149201?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification
[4] https://www.ubuntu.com/about/release-cycle

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto

* Re: GitHub - alsa-project - repositories
@ 2018-11-06  9:04   ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2018-11-06  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinod Koul; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, ALSA development

Dne 5.11.2018 v 13:54 Vinod Koul napsal(a):
> On 05-11-18, 09:49, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>> Hi all,

>>   I finally finished the first phase of the integration with GitHub. All
>> repositories are now on GitHub and all repositories are mirrored to
>> alsa-project.org. The github repositories are master (developers should
>> push changes only to those repositories). If you refer the repository as
>> the code source (for packaging or so), please, keep to use the
>> repositories on alsa-project.org (in case when we migrate to other
>> service in future like GitLab or so). The mirroring is realtime, so the
>> changes should be visible on git.alsa-project.org in few seconds after
>> the push.
>>
>>   I invited few people to the GitHub team and actually Takashi has full
>> access to all repos, Vinod Koul should have the write access to
>> tinycompress and Takashi Sakamoto should have the write access to
>> alsa-gi. If I omitted someone (or someone is not on github), please, let
>> me know (and register before).
>
> Thanks Jaroslav,
>
> I guess first thing I need is to update my email id :-)
>
> Btw how would the sync be done wrt git.alsa-project.org repos and github
> or we should move to github starting .... ?

The github repos are master (there is no bi-directional sync). Please,
push to github only.

					Jaroslav

---

@ 2018-11-06  9:20   ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2018-11-06  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Sakamoto, ALSA development; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, Vinod Koul

Dne 6.11.2018 v 01:49 Takashi Sakamoto napsal(a):
> Hi Jaroslav,
>
> On 2018/11/05 17:49, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>> Hi all,

>>    I finally finished the first phase of the integration with GitHub. All
>> repositories are now on GitHub and all repositories are mirrored to
>> alsa-project.org. The github repositories are master (developers should
>> push changes only to those repositories). If you refer the repository as
>> the code source (for packaging or so), please, keep to use the
>> repositories on alsa-project.org (in case when we migrate to other
>> service in future like GitLab or so). The mirroring is realtime, so the
>> changes should be visible on git.alsa-project.org in few seconds after
>> the push.
>>
>>    I invited few people to the GitHub team and actually Takashi has full
>> access to all repos, Vinod Koul should have the write access to
>> tinycompress and Takashi Sakamoto should have the write access to
>> alsa-gi. If I omitted someone (or someone is not on github), please, let
>> me know (and register before).
>>
>>    Because github adds possibility for the pull requests and issue
>> tracking, I added notifications for them to this (alsa-devel) mailing
>> list. The short notification should be sent when an pull request or an
>> issue is opened or changed. I think that it would be best to handle this
>> per request, so the developer can ask to resend the patch to the mailing
>> list for the wider review or just push the change with the signing.
>>
>>    I activated Travis CI for alsa-lib and alsa-utils and I will add other
>> repos soon, too. URL: https://travis-ci.org/alsa-project
>>
>>    If you have some ideas which other github applications can be used to
>> improve the code maintenance, let me know. I will probably play with the
>> coverity checker (http://scan.coverity.com), too.
>
> Thanks for your arrangement. This is what I wish for a long time ;)
> (however, I apologize my laziness forward to it...)
>
> Just now I sent my PR to alsa-utils[1], and a notification is sent[2]. A
> job of Travis-CI runs automatically on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (probably in a
> docker container)[3]. In the job, alsa-lib was firstly built, then
> alsa-utils was built, as described in '.travis.yaml'. It takes a bit
> time to download tex-related packages from us mirror of repository
> (http://us-east-1.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/). A few minutes later,
> check icon becomes green on github.com.
>
> I have two concerns.
>
> 1. For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (trusty), End-of-life (EOL) is scheduled April
> 2019. A few months remained but it's better to use recent LTSs such as
> 18.04 (bionic) to reduce future maintenance cost. (I guess packages
> except on 'main' pocket are not already maintained for security
> updates.)

I think that we have limited choices:

https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/reference/overview/

> 2. Message for PR
> In my opinion, notification to alsa-devel list is an alternative of
> cover-letters in the past. But in this time it doesn't includes change
> summary, like:
>
> ```
> Takashi Sakamoto (3):
>    aplay: delete paragraph for obsoleted '--sleep-min' ('-s') option from
>      aplay manual
>    aplay: add a paragraph for '--samples' ('-s') option to aplay manual
>    aplay: improve available conditions for '--samples' and '--duration'
>      options
>
>   aplay/aplay.1 | 10 +++++++---
>   1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
> ```
>
> If it's difficult to include the change summary automatically into the
> notification, it's worth to discuss that PR senders should include it
> handy to PR message.

Actually, I can work directly only with the information from the webhooks:

https://developer.github.com/v3/activity/events/types/#pullrequestevent

The webhook code used on my server is in python, so we can probably
fetch the patch from github and generate the diffstat from it.

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

* Re: GitHub - alsa-project - repositories
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-11-06 15:05 ` Pierre-Louis Bossart
From: Pierre-Louis Bossart @ 2018-11-06 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela, ALSA development; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, Vinod Koul

On 11/5/18 2:49 AM, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Hi all,

>    I finally finished the first phase of the integration with GitHub. All
> repositories are now on GitHub and all repositories are mirrored to
> alsa-project.org. The github repositories are master (developers should
> push changes only to those repositories). If you refer the repository as
> the code source (for packaging or so), please, keep to use the
> repositories on alsa-project.org (in case when we migrate to other
> service in future like GitLab or so). The mirroring is realtime, so the
> changes should be visible on git.alsa-project.org in few seconds after
> the push.
>
>    I invited few people to the GitHub team and actually Takashi has full
> access to all repos, Vinod Koul should have the write access to
> tinycompress and Takashi Sakamoto should have the write access to
> alsa-gi. If I omitted someone (or someone is not on github), please, let
> me know (and register before).
>
>    Because github adds possibility for the pull requests and issue
> tracking, I added notifications for them to this (alsa-devel) mailing
> list. The short notification should be sent when an pull request or an
> issue is opened or changed. I think that it would be best to handle this
> per request, so the developer can ask to resend the patch to the mailing
> list for the wider review or just push the change with the signing.
>
>    I activated Travis CI for alsa-lib and alsa-utils and I will add other
> repos soon, too. URL: https://travis-ci.org/alsa-project
>
>    If you have some ideas which other github applications can be used to
> improve the code maintenance, let me know. I will probably play with the
> coverity checker (http://scan.coverity.com), too.

Nice. If you figure out how to do the CI integration with Coverity I am
all ears. I've been trying to enable it for SOF (which is also on
github) but couldn't find anyone that has done this successfully.

While I am at it, I've only used the 'rebase-and-merge' solution to
merge PRs, which gives you a linear history similar to what we've always
had. when using the default merge you end up with a spaghetti plate of
branches that quickly makes no sense for most people and make tools like
gitk nearly useless. Maybe the merge is fine when dealing with different
subsystems but when dealing with relatively small components it's more
confusing that helpful.

-Pierre

* Re: GitHub - alsa-project - repositories
@ 2018-11-08 14:20     ` Takashi Sakamoto
From: Takashi Sakamoto @ 2018-11-08 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela, ALSA development; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, Vinod Koul

Hi Jaroslav,

Thanks for your reply.

On 2018/11/06 18:20, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>> I have two concerns.
>>
>> 1. For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (trusty), End-of-life (EOL) is scheduled April
>> 2019. A few months remained but it's better to use recent LTSs such as
>> 18.04 (bionic) to reduce future maintenance cost. (I guess packages
>> except on 'main' pocket are not already maintained for security
>> updates.)
>
> I think that we have limited choices:
>
> https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/reference/overview/

Oh, indeed. It's reasonable currently, but I continue to take care of
travis-ci action against the EOF.

>> 2. Message for PR
>> In my opinion, notification to alsa-devel list is an alternative of
>> cover-letters in the past. But in this time it doesn't includes change
>> summary, like:
>>
>> ```
>> Takashi Sakamoto (3):
>>     aplay: delete paragraph for obsoleted '--sleep-min' ('-s') option from
>>       aplay manual
>>     aplay: add a paragraph for '--samples' ('-s') option to aplay manual
>>     aplay: improve available conditions for '--samples' and '--duration'
>>       options
>>
>>    aplay/aplay.1 | 10 +++++++---
>>    1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>> ```
>>
>> If it's difficult to include the change summary automatically into the
>> notification, it's worth to discuss that PR senders should include it
>> handy to PR message.
>
> Actually, I can work directly only with the information from the webhooks:
>
> https://developer.github.com/v3/activity/events/types/#pullrequestevent
>
> The webhook code used on my server is in python, so we can probably
> fetch the patch from github and generate the diffstat from it.
Sounds good, but I don't mind to postpone the idea because this is not
so critical issue. Readers of posted issue can see diffstat in
github.com.

Well, I have another concern when having conversation with Daniel
Baluta[1]. He post his 'Reviewed-by' tag to the github issue. In this
case, how can we apply the tag to commit history? I don't know exactly
services in github.com have good solution for this issue, or not...

[1] https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/1#issuecomment-436164565

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto

* Re: GitHub - alsa-project - repositories
@ 2018-11-08 14:38       ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2018-11-08 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Sakamoto, ALSA development; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, Vinod Koul

Dne 8.11.2018 v 15:20 Takashi Sakamoto napsal(a):
> Hi Jaroslav,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> On 2018/11/06 18:20, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>>> I have two concerns.
>>>
>>> 1. For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (trusty), End-of-life (EOL) is scheduled April
>>> 2019. A few months remained but it's better to use recent LTSs such as
>>> 18.04 (bionic) to reduce future maintenance cost. (I guess packages
>>> except on 'main' pocket are not already maintained for security
>>> updates.)
>>
>> I think that we have limited choices:
>>
>> https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/reference/overview/
>
> Oh, indeed. It's reasonable currently, but I continue to take care of
> travis-ci action against the EOF.
>
>>> 2. Message for PR
>>> In my opinion, notification to alsa-devel list is an alternative of
>>> cover-letters in the past. But in this time it doesn't includes change
>>> summary, like:
>>>
>>> ```
>>> Takashi Sakamoto (3):
>>>     aplay: delete paragraph for obsoleted '--sleep-min' ('-s') option from
>>>       aplay manual
>>>     aplay: add a paragraph for '--samples' ('-s') option to aplay manual
>>>     aplay: improve available conditions for '--samples' and '--duration'
>>>       options
>>>
>>>    aplay/aplay.1 | 10 +++++++---
>>>    1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>>> ```
>>>
>>> If it's difficult to include the change summary automatically into the
>>> notification, it's worth to discuss that PR senders should include it
>>> handy to PR message.
>>
>> Actually, I can work directly only with the information from the webhooks:
>>
>> https://developer.github.com/v3/activity/events/types/#pullrequestevent
>>
>> The webhook code used on my server is in python, so we can probably
>> fetch the patch from github and generate the diffstat from it.
> Sounds good, but I don't mind to postpone the idea because this is not
> so critical issue. Readers of posted issue can see diffstat in
> github.com.
>

> Well, I have another concern when having conversation with Daniel
> Baluta[1]. He post his 'Reviewed-by' tag to the github issue. In this
> case, how can we apply the tag to commit history? I don't know exactly
> services in github.com have good solution for this issue, or not...
>
> [1] https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/1#issuecomment-436164565

I believe that the maintainer who signs and pushes the commits should
handle those tags, too.

It means that we are not allowed to use the github web merge button! (no
signing - seems like on github's issue list -
https://github.com/todogroup/gh-issues/issues/50)

					Jaroslav

--

@ 2018-11-08 15:12         ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2018-11-08 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: ALSA development, Vinod Koul

On Thu, 08 Nov 2018 15:38:38 +0100,
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Dne 8.11.2018 v 15:20 Takashi Sakamoto napsal(a):
> > Hi Jaroslav,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.

> >> I think that we have limited choices:
> >>
> >> https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/reference/overview/
> >
> > Oh, indeed. It's reasonable currently, but I continue to take care of
> > travis-ci action against the EOF.

> >> Actually, I can work directly only with the information from the webhooks:
> >>
> >> https://developer.github.com/v3/activity/events/types/#pullrequestevent
> >>
> >> The webhook code used on my server is in python, so we can probably
> >> fetch the patch from github and generate the diffstat from it.
> > Sounds good, but I don't mind to postpone the idea because this is not
> > so critical issue. Readers of posted issue can see diffstat in
> > github.com.
> >

> > Well, I have another concern when having conversation with Daniel
> > Baluta[1]. He post his 'Reviewed-by' tag to the github issue. In this
> > case, how can we apply the tag to commit history? I don't know exactly
> > services in github.com have good solution for this issue, or not...
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/1#issuecomment-436164565
>
> I believe that the maintainer who signs and pushes the commits should
> handle those tags, too.
>
> It means that we are not allowed to use the github web merge button! (no
> signing - seems like on github's issue list -
> https://github.com/todogroup/gh-issues/issues/50)

OK, let me handle this case as an exercise.

thanks,

Takashi

* Re: GitHub - alsa-project - repositories
@ 2018-11-14 15:50         ` Takashi Sakamoto
From: Takashi Sakamoto @ 2018-11-14 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, ALSA development, Vinod Koul

Hi Jaroslav,

Sorry for late reply.

On Thu, 8 Nov 2018, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>> Well, I have another concern when having conversation with Daniel
>> Baluta[1]. He post his 'Reviewed-by' tag to the github issue. In this
>> case, how can we apply the tag to commit history? I don't know exactly
>> services in github.com have good solution for this issue, or not...
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/1#issuecomment-436164565
>
> I believe that the maintainer who signs and pushes the commits should
> handle those tags, too.
>
> It means that we are not allowed to use the github web merge button! (no
> signing - seems like on github's issue list -
> https://github.com/todogroup/gh-issues/issues/50)

Thank you. It's completely against out maintainance policy that we can
handle no tag such as 'Reviewed-by:' and 'Signed-off-by:', thus the web
merge button in github.com can not be used. I'm OK to avoid pushing
the button.

I think it good to push a small guideline message for userspace work to
somewhere for smooth communication between people, like:

1. contributors
  * prepare change history so that fast-forward to remote repository
  * each of commit should have 'Signed-off-by:' tag
  * For bug fix, additional 'Fixes:' tag is preferable
  * two communication paths; 'git format-patch/send-email' to alsa-devel
    list, or PR on github.com
  * put enough information in cover-letter of email or PR comment so that
    reviers/maintainers can get purpose of this work
2. reviewers
  * any review action is welcome and expected
  * after review work, send comments with 'Reviewed-by:', 'Tested-by:' tags
    as reply to the list or PR so that contributors and reviewers can catch
3. maintainers
  * apply the patches from contributor to local repository by hand without
    web UI of github.com so that the history has no merge commits
  * add reviewer's tags to applied commits
  * add 'Signed-off-by:' tag to applied commits
  * reply to list or PR when push to remote repository

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto