* OOM with pktgen when transmitting on ath10k station in 4.7.10+ kernel
@ 2016-11-28 23:54 Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2016-11-28 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

When I over-drive ath10k station using pktgen, system goes OOM quickly.  If I catch it in time
and stop pktgen, then memory is recovered over the next few seconds.  I assume that there is an
un-bounded queue somewhere.

But, I cannot find any queues in the mac80211 tx path that apply to ath10k (as far as I can tell).

The one possibility is the pending queues, but printing them out with debugfs shows  them all
zeros, and I have some code to bound them at 1000 pkts anyway.

I didn't see anything obvious in ath10k either, but I must be missing something...

pktgen transmits under the queue logic, so it will likely be ignoring any
queue-stopped signals from mac80211.

Are there any other places that pkts can be queued()?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-11-28 23:52 UTC | newest]