* [Buildroot] Is there any plan for supporting Qt6
@ 2022-04-17  9:16 Andy Yan
From: Andy Yan @ 2022-04-17  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot, ps.report

Hello:
      Buildroot is a great project, it gave me many convince for building embedded rootfs.
      I found Peter has submitted Qt6 support at the early of 2021[0], but it seems this series has
not bee merged yet. May i Know if there is any further plan for Qt6 support in buildroot?

[0]https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/cover/20210213174013.32584-1-ps.report@gmx.net/

Many thanks.

* Re: [Buildroot] Is there any plan for supporting Qt6
@ 2022-05-24 12:57 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2022-05-24 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Yan; +Cc: ps.report, buildroot

 > Hello:
 >       Buildroot is a great project, it gave me many convince for building embedded rootfs.
 >       I found Peter has submitted Qt6 support at the early of 2021[0], but it seems this series has
 > not bee merged yet. May i Know if there is any further plan for Qt6 support in buildroot?

 > [0]https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/cover/20210213174013.32584-1-ps.report@gmx.net/

I am not aware of any recent development related to this, but now that
2022.02 has been released it would be a good moment to get it included.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* Re: [Buildroot] Is there any plan for supporting Qt6
@ 2022-07-26 20:13 ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2022-07-26 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Yan, buildroot, ps.report

On 17/04/2022 11:16, Andy Yan wrote:

> Hello:
>        Buildroot is a great project, it gave me many convince for building embedded rootfs.
>        I found Peter has submitted Qt6 support at the early of 2021[0], but it seems this series has
> not bee merged yet. May i Know if there is any further plan for Qt6 support in buildroot?

  We now merged the very minimal version of qt6base. The next step is for
someone to step up and add the different qt6base features, and the other qt6
modules.

  Regards,
  Arnout

@ 2022-07-29  8:45   ` Andy Yan
From: Andy Yan @ 2022-07-29  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnout Vandecappelle; +Cc: ps.report, buildroot

Hi Arnout:

At 2022-07-27 04:13:18, "Arnout Vandecappelle" <arnout@mind.be> wrote:

>On 17/04/2022 11:16, Andy Yan wrote:
>>

>> Hello:
>>        Buildroot is a great project, it gave me many convince for building embedded rootfs.
>>        I found Peter has submitted Qt6 support at the early of 2021[0], but it seems this series has
>> not bee merged yet. May i Know if there is any further plan for Qt6 support in buildroot?
>
>  We now merged the very minimal version of qt6base. The next step is for
>someone to step up and add the different qt6base features, and the other qt6

>modules.

Great work, thank you!

@ 2022-07-29 18:57     ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2022-07-29 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Yan; +Cc: ps.report, buildroot

On 29/07/2022 10:45, Andy Yan wrote:

> Hi Arnout:
>
> At 2022-07-27 04:13:18, "Arnout Vandecappelle" <arnout@mind.be> wrote:
>>

>> On 17/04/2022 11:16, Andy Yan wrote:
>>>

>>> Hello:
>>>         Buildroot is a great project, it gave me many convince for building embedded rootfs.
>>>         I found Peter has submitted Qt6 support at the early of 2021[0], but it seems this series has
>>> not bee merged yet. May i Know if there is any further plan for Qt6 support in buildroot?
>>
>>   We now merged the very minimal version of qt6base. The next step is for
>> someone to step up and add the different qt6base features, and the other qt6
>
>> modules.
>

> Great work, thank you!

  Note that there's still a lot of work to be done, as described above, and it's
not going to just appear out of nowhere - someone has to step up and do it.

  In other words: feel free to send patches to enable more qt6base features
(modelled after how it's done for qt5) and additional qt6 packages!

  Regards,
  Arnout