* SELinux document - any use!!!
@ 2009-11-22 13:24 RICHARD HAINES
From: RICHARD HAINES @ 2009-11-22 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

I've been putting an SELinux document together as I've been learning SELinux and thought it may be useful for others so I've added a GNU document license and installed it on the following site for download:

http://www.freetechbooks.com/efiles/selinuxnotebook/The_SELinux_Notebook_The_Foundations.pdf

http://www.freetechbooks.com/efiles/selinuxnotebook/notebook-source-1.0.0-1.tar.gz

The supporting notebook-source-1.0.0-1.tar.gz file contains some examples to build a simple message filter that are explained in the Notebook.

These samples are based on a policy similar to the 'Make Dummy Policy' in the 2.6.28 kernel scripts section. I've also used tools like apol, sechecker etc. to investigate the policy.

I've also been through all the:

 1) SELinux configuration files and documented them (well those that are in the Fedora 10 distro  and I'll add the "Configuring libsemanage to invoke a policy checker" in the next release).

 2) SELinux language statements and updated them to reflect policy version 23 with examples from the Reference Policy source.

There is also other SELinux information that may or may not be useful, so if anyone wants the document source for their own use let me know (it's written with openoffice.org and is an ODT file).

I plan to keep the document updated as I use SELinux so if you have any corrections let me know (as there are bound to be errors somewhere).

Regards
Richard Haines

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-11-22 13:24 UTC | newest]