* AVRCP enabled music player application: Enable Browsing
@ 2017-01-16 12:51 Istvan Posta
From: Istvan Posta @ 2017-01-16 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello,

I apologize if I will sound too dumb, but I am desperate because I can't
the solution for my problem.

I am developing a music player application which will respond to
Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous media button keys if the device running
the application is connected to a media player device, like a media
player in the car.

Libraries I am using:
     bluez version: 5.19
     Dbus binding: GIO 2.42.1

For this I have implemented all the interfaces following the MPRIS D-Bus
Interface Specification, and called the org.bluez.Media1.RegisterPlayer
method.
The application is getting Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous key press
events and is responding to them accordingly.

The next step is to implement the Browsing feature in the application.
This is where I got stuck. I have implemented the
org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Playlists an the org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.TrackList
interfaces, but if I press the Browse button on the media player device,
isn't showing the dummy playlists and tracklists of the application.

I would really appreciate If somebody could help me and give me a good
step-by-step description of what to implement, register or call in order
to make it work.

If I wasn't detailed enough and I have to give more information, please
tell me.

Kind regards,
Istvan Posta.

* Re: AVRCP enabled music player application: Enable Browsing
@ 2017-01-16 14:15 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2017-01-16 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Istvan Posta; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Istvan,

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Istvan Posta <iposta@avmap.ro> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I apologize if I will sound too dumb, but I am desperate because I can't the
> solution for my problem.
>
> I am developing a music player application which will respond to
> Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous media button keys if the device running the
> application is connected to a media player device, like a media player in
> the car.
>
> Libraries I am using:
>     bluez version: 5.19
>     Dbus binding: GIO 2.42.1
>
> For this I have implemented all the interfaces following the MPRIS D-Bus
> Interface Specification, and called the org.bluez.Media1.RegisterPlayer
> method.
> The application is getting Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous key press events
> and is responding to them accordingly.
>
> The next step is to implement the Browsing feature in the application. This
> is where I got stuck. I have implemented the
> org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Playlists an the org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.TrackList
> interfaces, but if I press the Browse button on the media player device,
> isn't showing the dummy playlists and tracklists of the application.
>
> I would really appreciate If somebody could help me and give me a good
> step-by-step description of what to implement, register or call in order to
> make it work.
>
> If I wasn't detailed enough and I have to give more information, please tell
> me.

Actually browsing isn't implemented for TG only for CT, so while you
might be doing everything correctly the implementation will never
pickup the Playlists and TrackList objects, although the idea would be
to do exactly that with playlists emulation the VFS and the TrackList
the NowPlaying but it has not being done yet.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: AVRCP enabled music player application: Enable Browsing
@ 2017-01-16 14:50   ` Istvan Posta
From: Istvan Posta @ 2017-01-16 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hello Luiz,

Thank you for the fast answer.

> Hi Istvan,
>
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Istvan Posta <iposta@avmap.ro> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I apologize if I will sound too dumb, but I am desperate because I can't the
>> solution for my problem.
>>
>> I am developing a music player application which will respond to
>> Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous media button keys if the device running the
>> application is connected to a media player device, like a media player in
>> the car.
>>
>> Libraries I am using:
>>      bluez version: 5.19
>>      Dbus binding: GIO 2.42.1
>>
>> For this I have implemented all the interfaces following the MPRIS D-Bus
>> Interface Specification, and called the org.bluez.Media1.RegisterPlayer
>> method.
>> The application is getting Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous key press events
>> and is responding to them accordingly.
>>
>> The next step is to implement the Browsing feature in the application. This
>> is where I got stuck. I have implemented the
>> org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Playlists an the org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.TrackList
>> interfaces, but if I press the Browse button on the media player device,
>> isn't showing the dummy playlists and tracklists of the application.
>>
>> I would really appreciate If somebody could help me and give me a good
>> step-by-step description of what to implement, register or call in order to
>> make it work.
>>
>> If I wasn't detailed enough and I have to give more information, please tell
>> me.
> Actually browsing isn't implemented for TG only for CT, so while you
> might be doing everything correctly the implementation will never
> pickup the Playlists and TrackList objects, although the idea would be
> to do exactly that with playlists emulation the VFS and the TrackList
> the NowPlaying but it has not being done yet.

This could be off-topic, but could other implementations of bluetooth
stack support the Browsing feature, like bluedroid?