* [cip-dev] Twitter account
@ 2017-03-29 13:53 Agustin Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt @ 2017-03-29 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a Twitter
account. I would also think about a hashtag

Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk

* [cip-dev] Twitter account
@ 2017-03-30 13:33 ` Noriaki Fukuyasu
From: Noriaki Fukuyasu @ 2017-03-30 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Agustin

I think this is a great idea.
The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often etc).
Anyway, let me think over this.

regards

Nori

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <
agustin.benito@codethink.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a Twitter
> account. I would also think about a hashtag
>
> Best Regards
>
> --
> Agustin Benito Bethencourt
> Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
> agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk

Noriaki Fukuyasu

The Linux Foundation
Mail: fukuyasu at linuxfoundation.org
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
Facebook: linuxfoundationjp

Please visit our web sites:
http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
http://jp.linux.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [cip-dev] Twitter account
@ 2017-03-31  9:26   ` Wolfgang Mauerer
From: Wolfgang Mauerer @ 2017-03-31  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi all,

On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:
> Hi Agustin
>
> I think this is a great idea.
> The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often etc).
> Anyway, let me think over this.

marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is
of course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the
hard thing. But if we publish

* new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
* member presentations at conferences

we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))

Thanks, Wolfgang

> regards
>
> Nori
>

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
> <agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk <mailto:agustin.benito@codethink.co.uk>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a Twitter
>     account. I would also think about a hashtag
>
>     Best Regards
>
>     --
>     Agustin Benito Bethencourt
>     Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
>     agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk <mailto:agustin.benito@codethink.co.uk>

> Noriaki Fukuyasu
>
> The Linux Foundation
> Mail: fukuyasu at linuxfoundation.org <mailto:fukuyasu@linuxfoundation.org>
> Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
> Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
> Facebook: linuxfoundationjp
>
> Please visit our web sites:
> http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
> http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
> http://jp.linux.com

* [cip-dev] Twitter account
@ 2017-03-31 10:51     ` Agustin Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt @ 2017-03-31 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

On 31/03/17 11:26, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:
>> Hi Agustin
>>
>> I think this is a great idea.
>> The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often etc).
>> Anyway, let me think over this.
>
> marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is
> of course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the
> hard thing. But if we publish
>
> * new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
> * member presentations at conferences

The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a bad
start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.

> we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
> what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
> needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))

This is always a good question.

We can focus on:
1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
Currently we have around 20 people.
3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
(tools), slides from conferences.
4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.

All the above objectives can be measurable together with the influence
that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for 2018 based on the
numbers we get in this first 2017.

agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk

* [cip-dev] Twitter account
@ 2017-03-31 11:05       ` Wolfgang Mauerer
From: Wolfgang Mauerer @ 2017-03-31 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi all,

On 31.03.2017 12:51, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
> On 31/03/17 11:26, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
>> On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:
>>>
>>> I think this is a great idea.
>>> The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often etc).
>>> Anyway, let me think over this.
>>
>> marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is
>> of course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the
>> hard thing. But if we publish
>>
>> * new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
>> * member presentations at conferences
>
> The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a bad
> start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.
>

>> we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
>> what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
>> needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))
>
> This is always a good question.
>
> We can focus on:
> 1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
> 2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
> Currently we have around 20 people.
> 3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
> (tools), slides from conferences.
> 4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.
>
> All the above objectives can be measurable together with the influence
> that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for 2018 based on the
> numbers we get in this first 2017.
... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets once
any materials (slides, videos) have been published.

Thanks, Wolfgang

>> Thanks, Wolfgang
>>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Nori
>>>

>>> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
>>> <agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk <mailto:agustin.benito@codethink.co.uk>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hi,
>>>
>>>     maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a Twitter
>>>     account. I would also think about a hashtag
>>>
>>>     Best Regards
>>>
>>>     --
>>>     Agustin Benito Bethencourt
>>>     Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
>>>     agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk
>>> <mailto:agustin.benito@codethink.co.uk>
>>>

>>> --
>>> Noriaki Fukuyasu
>>>
>>> The Linux Foundation
>>> Mail: fukuyasu at linuxfoundation.org <mailto:fukuyasu@linuxfoundation.org>
>>> Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
>>> Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
>>> Facebook: linuxfoundationjp
>>>
>>> Please visit our web sites:
>>> http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
>>> http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
>>> http://jp.linux.com

* [cip-dev] Twitter account
@ 2017-05-11 16:02         ` Agustin Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt @ 2017-05-11 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

On 31/03/17 12:05, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 31.03.2017 12:51, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:

>>> marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is
>>> of course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the
>>> hard thing. But if we publish
>>>
>>> * new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
>>> * member presentations at conferences
>>
>> The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a bad
>> start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.
>>

>>> we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
>>> what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
>>> needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))
>>
>> This is always a good question.
>>
>> We can focus on:
>> 1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
>> 2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
>> Currently we have around 20 people.
>> 3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
>> (tools), slides from conferences.
>> 4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.
>>
>> All the above objectives can be measurable together with the influence
>> that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for 2018 based on the
>> numbers we get in this first 2017.
> ... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets once
> any materials (slides, videos) have been published.
>
> Thanks, Wolfgang
>>

>>> Thanks, Wolfgang

I would like to bring back this topic now that the B at D release is coming
and we will have a strong presence at OSSJ.

Possible names:
* @lfcip (taken)
* @civilip
* @civilOS (taken)
* @OScip (taken)
* @projectcip

Suggestions?

agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk

* [cip-dev] Twitter account
@ 2017-05-12  2:54           ` KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
From: KOBAYASHI Yoshitake @ 2017-05-12  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Agustin,

If LF has already acquired an account for CIP and can be shared in this project,
I think this is the best option. If not, how about @cip_project?

Best regards,
Yoshi

* [cip-dev] Twitter account
@ 2017-05-12  8:05             ` Chris Paterson
From: Chris Paterson @ 2017-05-12  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello,

Sounds good to me.

Kind regards, Chris

> Best regards,
> Yoshi
>

> On 2017/05/12 1:02, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 31/03/17 12:05, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
> >> Hi all,

> etc).

> >> ... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets
> >> once any materials (slides, videos) have been published.
> >>
> >> Thanks, Wolfgang

> > I would like to bring back this topic now that the B at D release is coming and
> we will have a strong presence at OSSJ.
> >
> > Possible names:
> > * @lfcip (taken)
> > * @civilip
> > * @civilOS (taken)
> > * @OScip (taken)
> > * @projectcip
> >

> > Suggestions?

* [cip-dev] Twitter account
@ 2017-05-12  8:43               ` Agustin Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt @ 2017-05-12  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

Either that one or @cip-project would work. I have no strong preference.

agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk

* [cip-dev] Twitter account
@ 2017-05-12  9:41                 ` KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
From: KOBAYASHI Yoshitake @ 2017-05-12  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi All,

To avoid taken the account by someone, I have taken @cip_project.
Unfortunately, @cip-project does not work. because of Twitter's limitation.

In any case, I would like to make sure if LF has already taken an
account for CIP, or not.

Best regards,
Yoshi