* Build failure for beaglebone on kirkstone branch
@ 2022-09-27 17:01 Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2022-09-27 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2449 bytes --]

Hi folks,

I'm trying to add support for the Yocto Project kirkstone release to our
meta-sancloud BSP layer and I'm facing a build issue. I've reproduced the
issue using just the meta-ti layer and its dependencies, targeting the
beaglebone machine. I've used the kirkstone-next branch of meta-ti as
the kirkstone branch has not been updated in 5 months and has the same
issue.

The build fails due to a lack of buildable providers for virtual/libgl.
Is this a known issue?

The commits of each layer used are as follows:

poky: d64bef1c7d713b92a51228e5ade945835e5a94a4 (kirkstone)
meta-arm: 0a5eba13d81f5c5722a13b816193ebf93c0fd198 (kirkstone)
meta-ti: b742ced380b23d5c57b4280bc3c10165176ec072 (kirkstone-next)

With these layers checked out, the console session is as follows:

$ . poky/oe-init-build-env
<output snipped>
$ bitbake-layers add-layer ../meta-arm/meta-arm ../meta-arm/meta-arm-toolchain ../meta-ti/meta-ti-bsp
NOTE: Starting bitbake server...
$ MACHINE=beaglebone bitbake core-image-base
Loaded 1770 entries from dependency cache.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libgl' (but /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_1.16.0.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
mesa PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles1 set to ti-sgx-ddk-um, not mesa
mesa-gl PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl set to mesa, not mesa-gl
NOTE: Runtime target 'python3-pygobject' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['python3-pygobject', 'cairo', 'virtual/libgl']
NOTE: Runtime target 'ofono' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['ofono', 'bluez5', 'python3-pygobject', 'cairo', 'virtual/libgl']
NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-base-extended' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-base-extended', 'ofono', 'bluez5', 'python3-pygobject', 'cairo', 'virtual/libgl']
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-base' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-base', 'packagegroup-base-extended', 'ofono', 'bluez5', 'python3-pygobject', 'cairo', 'virtual/libgl']

Paul Barker
Principal Software Engineer
SanCloud Ltd

e: paul.barker@sancloud.com
w: https://sancloud.com/

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: OpenPGP public key --]

* Re: [meta-ti] Build failure for beaglebone on kirkstone branch
@ 2022-09-27 17:53 ` Andrew Davis
       [not found]   ` <17190C28A5DB5EE8.9603@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Andrew Davis @ 2022-09-27 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

On 9/27/22 12:01 PM, Paul Barker wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to add support for the Yocto Project kirkstone release to our
> meta-sancloud BSP layer and I'm facing a build issue. I've reproduced the
> issue using just the meta-ti layer and its dependencies, targeting the
> beaglebone machine. I've used the kirkstone-next branch of meta-ti as
> the kirkstone branch has not been updated in 5 months and has the same
> issue.
>
> The build fails due to a lack of buildable providers for virtual/libgl.
> Is this a known issue?

I've run into this before, Cairo package pulls in desktop OpenGL when
GLES2 would be more appropriate. I'll look for the exact fix but
you can try putting this in your distro .conf file:

PACKAGECONFIG_remove_pn-cairo = "opengl"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-cairo = " egl"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-cairo = " glesv2"

Andrew

@ 2022-09-28 14:21   ` Paul Barker
       [not found]   ` <17190C28A5DB5EE8.9603@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Paul Barker @ 2022-09-28 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Davis, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1451 bytes --]

Hi Andrew,

On 27/09/2022 18:53, Andrew Davis wrote:
> On 9/27/22 12:01 PM, Paul Barker wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm trying to add support for the Yocto Project kirkstone release to our
>> meta-sancloud BSP layer and I'm facing a build issue. I've reproduced the
>> issue using just the meta-ti layer and its dependencies, targeting the
>> beaglebone machine. I've used the kirkstone-next branch of meta-ti as
>> the kirkstone branch has not been updated in 5 months and has the same
>> issue.
>>
>> The build fails due to a lack of buildable providers for virtual/libgl.
>> Is this a known issue?
>>

> I've run into this before, Cairo package pulls in desktop OpenGL when
> GLES2 would be more appropriate. I'll look for the exact fix but
> you can try putting this in your distro .conf file:
>
> PACKAGECONFIG_remove_pn-cairo = "opengl"
> PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-cairo = " egl"
> PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-cairo = " glesv2"

If these settings are required they should be applied by default (perhaps via a
MACHINE_FEATURE). I would expect the beaglebone machine to build
"out-of-the-box" with the poky distro. If that really isn't possible then
necessary settings should be documented in the readme file for the layer, added
to a local.conf.sample file or applied via a setup script.

@ 2022-10-05 12:47     ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2022-10-05 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Davis, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 3537 bytes --]

On 28/09/2022 15:21, Paul Barker wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 27/09/2022 18:53, Andrew Davis wrote:
>> On 9/27/22 12:01 PM, Paul Barker wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to add support for the Yocto Project kirkstone release to our
>>> meta-sancloud BSP layer and I'm facing a build issue. I've reproduced the
>>> issue using just the meta-ti layer and its dependencies, targeting the
>>> beaglebone machine. I've used the kirkstone-next branch of meta-ti as
>>> the kirkstone branch has not been updated in 5 months and has the same
>>> issue.
>>>
>>> The build fails due to a lack of buildable providers for virtual/libgl.
>>> Is this a known issue?
>>>

>> I've run into this before, Cairo package pulls in desktop OpenGL when
>> GLES2 would be more appropriate. I'll look for the exact fix but
>> you can try putting this in your distro .conf file:
>>
>> PACKAGECONFIG_remove_pn-cairo = "opengl"
>> PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-cairo = " egl"
>> PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-cairo = " glesv2"
>
> If these settings are required they should be applied by default (perhaps via a
> MACHINE_FEATURE). I would expect the beaglebone machine to build
> "out-of-the-box" with the poky distro. If that really isn't possible then
> necessary settings should be documented in the readme file for the layer, added
> to a local.conf.sample file or applied via a setup script.
>
> Thanks
Looking at this again today, I attempted to try the above PACKAGECONFIG changes
however they do not match the correct override syntax for kirkstone. That
suggests to me that they haven't been tested.

Please also note that this is not specificly an issue with the cairo
configuration, attempting to build core-image-x11 & core-image-weston also fail.
For example, for core-image-x11 the errors are as follows, re-tested today with
the current HEAD of the kirkstone branch (2b11afa8aa19):

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libgl' (but /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_21.1.4.bb, /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/libepoxy/libepoxy_1.5.9.bb, /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_1.16.0.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
mesa-gl PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl set to mesa, not mesa-gl
mesa PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles1 set to ti-sgx-ddk-um, not mesa
NOTE: Runtime target 'xserver-xorg' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-core-x11-xserver' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-core-x11-xserver', 'xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-core-x11-base' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-core-x11-base', 'packagegroup-core-x11-xserver', 'xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-x11' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-x11', 'packagegroup-core-x11-base', 'packagegroup-core-x11-xserver', 'xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']

Is the kirkstone branch currently tested or expected to work? If there are known
limitations or additional configuration changes neccessary in local.conf, could
they be documented in the readme?

@ 2022-10-05 16:23       ` Andrew Davis
From: Andrew Davis @ 2022-10-05 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

On 10/5/22 7:47 AM, Paul Barker wrote:
> On 28/09/2022 15:21, Paul Barker wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,

>>> I've run into this before, Cairo package pulls in desktop OpenGL when
>>> GLES2 would be more appropriate. I'll look for the exact fix but
>>> you can try putting this in your distro .conf file:
>>>
>>> PACKAGECONFIG_remove_pn-cairo = "opengl"
>>> PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-cairo = " egl"
>>> PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-cairo = " glesv2"
>>
>> If these settings are required they should be applied by default (perhaps via a
>> MACHINE_FEATURE). I would expect the beaglebone machine to build
>> "out-of-the-box" with the poky distro. If that really isn't possible then
>> necessary settings should be documented in the readme file for the layer, added
>> to a local.conf.sample file or applied via a setup script.
>>
>> Thanks
> Looking at this again today, I attempted to try the above PACKAGECONFIG changes
> however they do not match the correct override syntax for kirkstone. That
> suggests to me that they haven't been tested.

They have not been tested on Kirkstone. These are the changes I needed for
Dunfell, I'd guess fixing the override syntax and trying the same on
Kirkstone will help your issue, but no guarantees.

> Please also note that this is not specificly an issue with the cairo
> configuration, attempting to build core-image-x11 & core-image-weston also fail.
> For example, for core-image-x11 the errors are as follows, re-tested today with
> the current HEAD of the kirkstone branch (2b11afa8aa19):
>
> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libgl' (but /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_21.1.4.bb, /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/libepoxy/libepoxy_1.5.9.bb, /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_1.16.0.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
> mesa-gl PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl set to mesa, not mesa-gl
> mesa PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles1 set to ti-sgx-ddk-um, not mesa
> NOTE: Runtime target 'xserver-xorg' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
> NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-core-x11-xserver' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-core-x11-xserver', 'xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
> NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-core-x11-base' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-core-x11-base', 'packagegroup-core-x11-xserver', 'xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
> ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-x11' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-x11', 'packagegroup-core-x11-base', 'packagegroup-core-x11-xserver', 'xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
>
> Is the kirkstone branch currently tested or expected to work? If there are known
> limitations or additional configuration changes neccessary in local.conf, could
> they be documented in the readme?

Kirkstone is still WIP, the base builds and boots, but there are some
spots still being readied yet (especially around graphics).

Xorg by default assumes desktop OpenGL support, being an embedded device
we only support OpenGLES. Xorg does work just fine with OpenGLES but
you have to tell it what to use with distro level PACKAGECONFIG selecting
(same for cairo).

In the future I'd like to split the "opengl" DISTRO_FEATURE into two
(one for OpenGL and one for GLES2) and move them into MACHINE_FEATURE
where they belong. Then we can set these down in the BSP layer.
Until then you'll have to do the manual selecting.

Thanks,
Andrew

@ 2022-10-06 10:04         ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2022-10-06 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Davis, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 6347 bytes --]

On 05/10/2022 17:23, Andrew Davis wrote:
> On 10/5/22 7:47 AM, Paul Barker wrote:
>> On 28/09/2022 15:21, Paul Barker wrote:
>>> Hi Andrew,

>>> If these settings are required they should be applied by default (perhaps via a
>>> MACHINE_FEATURE). I would expect the beaglebone machine to build
>>> "out-of-the-box" with the poky distro. If that really isn't possible then
>>> necessary settings should be documented in the readme file for the layer, added
>>> to a local.conf.sample file or applied via a setup script.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>> Looking at this again today, I attempted to try the above PACKAGECONFIG changes
>> however they do not match the correct override syntax for kirkstone. That
>> suggests to me that they haven't been tested.
>>

> They have not been tested on Kirkstone. These are the changes I needed for
> Dunfell, I'd guess fixing the override syntax and trying the same on
> Kirkstone will help your issue, but no guarantees.
>
>> Please also note that this is not specificly an issue with the cairo
>> configuration, attempting to build core-image-x11 & core-image-weston also fail.
>> For example, for core-image-x11 the errors are as follows, re-tested today with
>> the current HEAD of the kirkstone branch (2b11afa8aa19):
>>
>> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libgl' (but /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_21.1.4.bb, /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/libepoxy/libepoxy_1.5.9.bb, /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_1.16.0.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
>> mesa-gl PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl set to mesa, not mesa-gl
>> mesa PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles1 set to ti-sgx-ddk-um, not mesa
>> NOTE: Runtime target 'xserver-xorg' is unbuildable, removing...
>> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
>> NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-core-x11-xserver' is unbuildable, removing...
>> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-core-x11-xserver', 'xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
>> NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-core-x11-base' is unbuildable, removing...
>> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-core-x11-base', 'packagegroup-core-x11-xserver', 'xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
>> ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-x11' has no buildable providers.
>> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-x11', 'packagegroup-core-x11-base', 'packagegroup-core-x11-xserver', 'xserver-xorg', 'virtual/libgl']
>>
>> Is the kirkstone branch currently tested or expected to work? If there are known
>> limitations or additional configuration changes neccessary in local.conf, could
>> they be documented in the readme?
>>

> Kirkstone is still WIP, the base builds and boots, but there are some
> spots still being readied yet (especially around graphics).

I appreciate this is still WIP. However, Kirkstone was released several months
ago now and some of the projects we're involved in (e.g. Automotive Grade Linux)
have already upgraded to this release. As we use TI SoCs, our BSP depends on
meta-ti and the lack of Kirkstone support is holding back our participation in
these projects and preventing us from offering an up-to-date BSP release to our
customers.

> Xorg by default assumes desktop OpenGL support, being an embedded device
> we only support OpenGLES. Xorg does work just fine with OpenGLES but
> you have to tell it what to use with distro level PACKAGECONFIG selecting
> (same for cairo).
>
> In the future I'd like to split the "opengl" DISTRO_FEATURE into two
> (one for OpenGL and one for GLES2) and move them into MACHINE_FEATURE
> where they belong. Then we can set these down in the BSP layer.
> Until then you'll have to do the manual selecting.

I have tried building with `DISTRO_FEATURES:remove = "opengl"` and this allows
non-graphical images like core-image-base to build successfully. However, x11
and wayland images still fail:

core-image-x11:

    gtk+3_3.24.34.bb:do_compile fails. The full log.do_compile is 327kB so I
    won't include it all here, but there are several errors of the following
    form:

    In file included from ../../../gtk+-3.24.34/gdk/wayland/gdkscreen-wayland.c:28:
    ../../../gtk+-3.24.34/gdk/wayland/gdkdisplay-wayland.h:48:10: fatal error: epoxy/egl.h: No such file or directory
    48 | #include <epoxy/egl.h>
        |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.

core-image-weston:

    ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'weston-xwayland' (but /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/images/core-image-weston.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
    weston RPROVIDES weston-xwayland but was skipped: missing required distro feature 'opengl' (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
    NOTE: Runtime target 'weston-xwayland' is unbuildable, removing...
    Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['weston-xwayland']
    ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-weston' has no buildable providers.
    Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-weston', 'weston-xwayland']

@ 2022-10-17 14:30           ` Andrew Davis
       [not found]             ` <1721551A6FBDDE25.26638@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Andrew Davis @ 2022-10-17 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

On 10/6/22 5:04 AM, Paul Barker wrote:
> [...]
> meta-ti and the lack of Kirkstone support is holding back our participation in
> these projects and preventing us from offering an up-to-date BSP release to our
> customers.
>

>> Xorg by default assumes desktop OpenGL support, being an embedded device
>> we only support OpenGLES. Xorg does work just fine with OpenGLES but
>> you have to tell it what to use with distro level PACKAGECONFIG selecting
>> (same for cairo).
>>
>> In the future I'd like to split the "opengl" DISTRO_FEATURE into two
>> (one for OpenGL and one for GLES2) and move them into MACHINE_FEATURE
>> where they belong. Then we can set these down in the BSP layer.
>> Until then you'll have to do the manual selecting.
>
> I have tried building with `DISTRO_FEATURES:remove = "opengl"` and this allows
> non-graphical images like core-image-base to build successfully. However, x11

You won't want to completely remove opengl, we do support it (ES version) and
that is needed in several spots. I'm attaching a patch for meta-ti that should
get both core-image-x11 and core-image-weston building for Kirkstone.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Andrew

> core-image-x11:
>
>      gtk+3_3.24.34.bb:do_compile fails. The full log.do_compile is 327kB so I
>      won't include it all here, but there are several errors of the following
>      form:
>
>      In file included from ../../../gtk+-3.24.34/gdk/wayland/gdkscreen-wayland.c:28:
>      ../../../gtk+-3.24.34/gdk/wayland/gdkdisplay-wayland.h:48:10: fatal error: epoxy/egl.h: No such file or directory
>      48 | #include <epoxy/egl.h>
>          |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
>      compilation terminated.
>
> core-image-weston:
>
>      ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'weston-xwayland' (but /workdir/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/images/core-image-weston.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
>      weston RPROVIDES weston-xwayland but was skipped: missing required distro feature 'opengl' (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
>      NOTE: Runtime target 'weston-xwayland' is unbuildable, removing...
>      Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['weston-xwayland']
>      ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-weston' has no buildable providers.
>      Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-weston', 'weston-xwayland']
>
> Thanks,

[-- Attachment #2: 0001-Add-core-image-weston-and-core-image-x11-support.patch --]

From c81fbae2cf7787ed01ee00b378e95be9d653d7df Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 09:59:46 -0500
Subject: [PATCH] Add core-image-weston and core-image-x11 support

This is more changes than I would normally like in a single commit
but these all do seem so logically connected. The goal being to
enable the two oe-core graphical images.

These changes are needed due to our MACHINES all only having GLES2
and not the desktop OpenGL versions. That would mean these belong
in the layer that adds the machines and not in a distro layer.

At some point we should add a new MACHINE_FEATURE that lets a BSP
layer specify the API supported by the hardware. Until then
we append these key recipes to switch them over to GLES2.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
---
 .../recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend   |  3 ++
 ...abling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch | 46 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3_%.bbappend    |  9 ++++
 .../libepoxy/libepoxy_%.bbappend              |  3 ++
 .../xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_%.bbappend      |  2 +
 .../xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend              |  3 ++
 6 files changed, 66 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend
 create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch
 create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3_%.bbappend
 create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/libepoxy/libepoxy_%.bbappend
 create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_%.bbappend
 create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend

diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..726f3911
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend
@@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
+PR:append:ti-soc = ".ti1"
+PACKAGECONFIG:append:ti-soc = " ${@bb.utils.contains('MACHINE_FEATURES', 'gpu', 'egl glesv2', '', d)}"
+PACKAGECONFIG:remove:ti-soc = "opengl"
diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..c873fb8d
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch
@@ -0,0 +1,46 @@
+From eb16e80bf1f7c51024f3ed950ae85541e5ba2233 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
+From: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
+Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 13:05:45 -0500
+Subject: [PATCH] Fix OpenGL disabling patch to not exclude libepoxy
+
+Upstream-Status: Inappropriate
+Signed-off-by: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
+---
+ configure.ac | 9 ++++-----
+ 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
+
+diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac
+index 3cb24e9..aa365be 100644
+--- a/configure.ac
++++ b/configure.ac
+@@ -348,10 +348,9 @@ AC_ARG_ENABLE(cloudproviders,
+                               [cloudproviders_set=yes])
+ AC_ARG_ENABLE(opengl,
+               [AS_HELP_STRING([--enable-opengl],
+-                              [When enabled, Gtk+ will use libepoxy and exposes GtkGLArea widget ])])
++                              [When enabled, Gtk+ exposes GtkGLArea widget ])])
+ AS_IF([test "x$enable_opengl" != "xno"], [
+-  AC_DEFINE([HAVE_OPENGL], [1], [libepoxy and opengl APIs are available at buildtime])
+-  EPOXY_PACKAGES="epoxy >= epoxy_required_version"
++  AC_DEFINE([HAVE_OPENGL], [1], [OpenGL APIs are available at buildtime])
+ ])
+ AM_CONDITIONAL([HAVE_OPENGL],[test "x$enable_opengl" != "xno"])
+
+@@ -1365,7 +1364,7 @@ CFLAGS="$saved_cflags"
+ LDFLAGS="$saved_ldflags"
+
+ GDK_PACKAGES="$PANGO_PACKAGES gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= gdk_pixbuf_required_version cairo >= cairo_required_version cairo-gobject >= cairo_required_version"
+-GDK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES="$GDK_GIO_PACKAGE $X_PACKAGES $WAYLAND_PACKAGES $cairo_backends $EPOXY_PACKAGES $CLOUDPROVIDER_PACKAGES $PROFILER_PACKAGES fribidi >= fribidi_required_version"
++GDK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES="$GDK_GIO_PACKAGE $X_PACKAGES $WAYLAND_PACKAGES $cairo_backends epoxy >= epoxy_required_version $CLOUDPROVIDER_PACKAGES $PROFILER_PACKAGES fribidi >= fribidi_required_version"
+
+ PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GDK_DEP, $GDK_PACKAGES $GDK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES)
+ GDK_DEP_LIBS="$GDK_EXTRA_LIBS $GDK_DEP_LIBS $MATH_LIB"
+@@ -1399,7 +1398,7 @@ fi
+ PKG_CHECK_MODULES(ATK, $ATK_PACKAGES)
+
+ GTK_PACKAGES="atk >= atk_required_version cairo >= cairo_required_version cairo-gobject >= cairo_required_version gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= gdk_pixbuf_required_version gio-2.0 >= glib_required_version"
+-GTK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES="$ATK_PACKAGES $WAYLAND_PACKAGES $EPOXY_PACKAGES fribidi >= fribidi_required_version"
++GTK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES="$ATK_PACKAGES $WAYLAND_PACKAGES epoxy >= epoxy_required_version fribidi >= fribidi_required_version"
+ if test "x$enable_x11_backend" = xyes -o "x$enable_wayland_backend" = xyes; then
+   GTK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES="$GTK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES pangoft2"
+ fi
diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3_%.bbappend b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3_%.bbappend
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..b6e82d14
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3_%.bbappend
@@ -0,0 +1,9 @@
+FILESEXTRAPATHS:prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
+
+SRC_URI:append:ti-soc = " \
+	file://0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch \
+"
+
+PR:append:ti-soc = ".ti1"
+PACKAGECONFIG:remove:ti-soc = "opengl"
+DEPENDS:append:ti-soc = " libepoxy"
diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/libepoxy/libepoxy_%.bbappend b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/libepoxy/libepoxy_%.bbappend
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..aadf5bab
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/libepoxy/libepoxy_%.bbappend
@@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
+PR:append:ti-soc = ".ti1"
+PACKAGECONFIG:append:ti-soc = " ${@bb.utils.contains('MACHINE_FEATURES', 'gpu', 'egl', '', d)}"
+PACKAGECONFIG:remove:ti-soc = "x11"
diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_%.bbappend b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_%.bbappend
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..86c1e714
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_%.bbappend
@@ -0,0 +1,2 @@
+PR:append:ti-soc = ".ti1"
+OPENGL_PKGCONFIGS:ti-soc = ""
diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..e7163207
--- /dev/null
+++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend
@@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
+PR:append:ti-soc = ".ti1"
+PACKAGECONFIG:remove:ti-soc = "glx"
+DEPENDS:append:ti-soc = " libxshmfence"
--
2.37.3

* Re: [meta-ti] Build failure for beaglebone on kirkstone branch
@ 2022-10-25 14:08             ` Paul Barker
       [not found]             ` <1721551A6FBDDE25.26638@lists.yoctoproject.org>
From: Paul Barker @ 2022-10-25 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Davis, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 8497 bytes --]

Hi Andrew,

On 17/10/2022 15:30, Andrew Davis wrote:
> I'm attaching a patch for meta-ti that should
> get both core-image-x11 and core-image-weston building for Kirkstone.

I'll give this a test this week. I've included some review comments
below so we can hopefully get something merged to fix this issue...

> From c81fbae2cf7787ed01ee00b378e95be9d653d7df Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 09:59:46 -0500
> Subject: [PATCH] Add core-image-weston and core-image-x11 support
>
> This is more changes than I would normally like in a single commit
> but these all do seem so logically connected. The goal being to
> enable the two oe-core graphical images.
>
> These changes are needed due to our MACHINES all only having GLES2
> and not the desktop OpenGL versions. That would mean these belong
> in the layer that adds the machines and not in a distro layer.
>
> At some point we should add a new MACHINE_FEATURE that lets a BSP
> layer specify the API supported by the hardware. Until then
> we append these key recipes to switch them over to GLES2.
>
> Signed-off-by: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>

I expect the long-term solution will be to add a "gles2" entry to
MACHINE_FEATURES on the Yocto master branch, but I doubt that will be
accepted onto the existing kirkstone branch. In the meantime we do need
a solution which can be applied for kirkstone.

Are the changes here expected to work for all TI targets or just the
AM335x SoC? i.e. can this be applied to the kirkstone branch in meta-ti
once refactored into a couple of different commits (e.g. one per
package)?

> ---
>  .../recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend   |  3 ++
>  ...abling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch | 46 +++++++++++++++++++
>  .../recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3_%.bbappend    |  9 ++++
>  .../libepoxy/libepoxy_%.bbappend              |  3 ++
>  .../xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_%.bbappend      |  2 +
>  .../xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend              |  3 ++
>  6 files changed, 66 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend
>  create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch
>  create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3_%.bbappend
>  create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/libepoxy/libepoxy_%.bbappend
>  create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_%.bbappend
>  create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend
>
> diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend
> new file mode 100644
> index 00000000..726f3911
> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend
> @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
> +PR:append:ti-soc = ".ti1"
> +PACKAGECONFIG:append:ti-soc = " ${@bb.utils.contains('MACHINE_FEATURES', 'gpu', 'egl glesv2', '', d)}"
> +PACKAGECONFIG:remove:ti-soc = "opengl"
> diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch
> new file mode 100644
> index 00000000..c873fb8d
> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch
> @@ -0,0 +1,46 @@
> +From eb16e80bf1f7c51024f3ed950ae85541e5ba2233 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> +From: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
> +Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 13:05:45 -0500
> +Subject: [PATCH] Fix OpenGL disabling patch to not exclude libepoxy
> +
> +Upstream-Status: Inappropriate
> +Signed-off-by: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>

I think this is appropriate to fix upstream.

> +---
> + configure.ac | 9 ++++-----
> + 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
> +
> +diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac
> +index 3cb24e9..aa365be 100644
> +--- a/configure.ac
> ++++ b/configure.ac
> +@@ -348,10 +348,9 @@ AC_ARG_ENABLE(cloudproviders,
> +                               [cloudproviders_set=yes])
> + AC_ARG_ENABLE(opengl,
> +               [AS_HELP_STRING([--enable-opengl],
> +-                              [When enabled, Gtk+ will use libepoxy and exposes GtkGLArea widget ])])
> ++                              [When enabled, Gtk+ exposes GtkGLArea widget ])])
> + AS_IF([test "x$enable_opengl" != "xno"], [
> +-  AC_DEFINE([HAVE_OPENGL], [1], [libepoxy and opengl APIs are available at buildtime])
> +-  EPOXY_PACKAGES="epoxy >= epoxy_required_version"
> ++  AC_DEFINE([HAVE_OPENGL], [1], [OpenGL APIs are available at buildtime])

This section can be changed to always define EPOXY_PACKAGES, or to
define it when `--enable-epoxy` is passed on the command line if we need
a way to enable/disable this dependency to be able to submit the patch
upstream.

> + ])
> + AM_CONDITIONAL([HAVE_OPENGL],[test "x$enable_opengl" != "xno"])
> +
> +@@ -1365,7 +1364,7 @@ CFLAGS="$saved_cflags"
> + LDFLAGS="$saved_ldflags"
> +
> + GDK_PACKAGES="$PANGO_PACKAGES gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= gdk_pixbuf_required_version cairo >= cairo_required_version cairo-gobject >= cairo_required_version"
> +-GDK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES="$GDK_GIO_PACKAGE $X_PACKAGES $WAYLAND_PACKAGES $cairo_backends $EPOXY_PACKAGES $CLOUDPROVIDER_PACKAGES $PROFILER_PACKAGES fribidi >= fribidi_required_version"
> ++GDK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES="$GDK_GIO_PACKAGE $X_PACKAGES $WAYLAND_PACKAGES $cairo_backends epoxy >= epoxy_required_version $CLOUDPROVIDER_PACKAGES $PROFILER_PACKAGES fribidi >= fribidi_required_version"

This line can remain unchanged if EPOXY_PACKAGES is unconditionally
defined above.

> +
> + PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GDK_DEP, $GDK_PACKAGES $GDK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES)
> + GDK_DEP_LIBS="$GDK_EXTRA_LIBS $GDK_DEP_LIBS $MATH_LIB"
> +@@ -1399,7 +1398,7 @@ fi
> + PKG_CHECK_MODULES(ATK, $ATK_PACKAGES)
> +
> + GTK_PACKAGES="atk >= atk_required_version cairo >= cairo_required_version cairo-gobject >= cairo_required_version gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= gdk_pixbuf_required_version gio-2.0 >= glib_required_version"
> +-GTK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES="$ATK_PACKAGES $WAYLAND_PACKAGES $EPOXY_PACKAGES fribidi >= fribidi_required_version"
> ++GTK_PRIVATE_PACKAGES="$ATK_PACKAGES $WAYLAND_PACKAGES epoxy >= epoxy_required_version fribidi >= fribidi_required_version"

As above.

@ 2022-10-26 14:06               ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2022-10-26 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Davis, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 11010 bytes --]

On 25/10/2022 15:08, Paul Barker wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 17/10/2022 15:30, Andrew Davis wrote:
>> I'm attaching a patch for meta-ti that should
>> get both core-image-x11 and core-image-weston building for Kirkstone.
>
> I'll give this a test this week. I've included some review comments
> below so we can hopefully get something merged to fix this issue...

Here's my build results with this patch applied:

  * DISTRO=poky:
      * core-image-minimal: Success
      * core-image-base: Success
      * core-image-x11: Success
      * core-image-weston: Failed

  * DISTRO=arago:
      * tisdk-base-image: Success
      * tisdk-default-image: Failed

For both of the failed builds, the failure looks the same:

| Dependency gbm found: NO found 19.1.6 but need: '>= 21.1.1' (cached)
| Message: dmabuf-feedback requires gbm which was not found. If you rather not build this, drop "dmabuf-feedback" from simple-clients option.
|
| ../weston-10.0.1/clients/meson.build:42:0: ERROR: Dependency 'gbm' is required but not found.
|
| A full log can be found at /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt
| ERROR: meson failed
| WARNING: /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1057121:184 exit 1 from 'exit 1'
| WARNING: Backtrace (BB generated script):
|       #1: bbfatal_log, /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1057121, line 184
|       #2: meson_do_configure, /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1057121, line 173
|       #3: do_configure, /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1057121, line 149
|       #4: main, /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1057121, line 197
ERROR: Task (/workdir/layers/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/wayland/weston_10.0.1.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

It looks like some further work is needed on this.

@ 2022-10-26 15:12                 ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2022-10-26 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker; +Cc: Andrew Davis, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon

Weston 10 build failure is known and is being worked on.

For details and a temporary workaround see this:

https://patchwork.yoctoproject.org/project/arago/patch/20220329053703.2367559-1-denis@denix.org/

--
Denys

PS. Replying from the phone, sorry for the format.

@ 2022-10-26 15:47                 ` Andrew Davis
From: Andrew Davis @ 2022-10-26 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

On 10/26/22 9:06 AM, Paul Barker wrote:
> On 25/10/2022 15:08, Paul Barker wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> On 17/10/2022 15:30, Andrew Davis wrote:
>>> I'm attaching a patch for meta-ti that should
>>> get both core-image-x11 and core-image-weston building for Kirkstone.
>>
>> I'll give this a test this week. I've included some review comments
>> below so we can hopefully get something merged to fix this issue...
>
> Here's my build results with this patch applied:
>
>    * DISTRO=poky:
>        * core-image-minimal: Success
>        * core-image-base: Success
>        * core-image-x11: Success
>        * core-image-weston: Failed
>
>    * DISTRO=arago:
>        * tisdk-base-image: Success
>        * tisdk-default-image: Failed
>
> For both of the failed builds, the failure looks the same:
>
> | Dependency gbm found: NO found 19.1.6 but need: '>= 21.1.1' (cached)
> | Message: dmabuf-feedback requires gbm which was not found. If you rather not build this, drop "dmabuf-feedback" from simple-clients option.
> |
> | ../weston-10.0.1/clients/meson.build:42:0: ERROR: Dependency 'gbm' is required but not found.
> |
> | A full log can be found at /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt
> | ERROR: meson failed
> | WARNING: /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1057121:184 exit 1 from 'exit 1'
> | WARNING: Backtrace (BB generated script):
> |       #1: bbfatal_log, /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1057121, line 184
> |       #2: meson_do_configure, /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1057121, line 173
> |       #3: do_configure, /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1057121, line 149
> |       #4: main, /workdir/build-kirkstone/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/weston/10.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1057121, line 197
> ERROR: Task (/workdir/layers/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/wayland/weston_10.0.1.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
>
> It looks like some further work is needed on this.

Ah, looks like you will need:

PACKAGECONFIG:remove:pn-weston = "clients"

Since the client demo app "dmabuf-feedback" needs Mesa >= 21.1.1, and
SGX is at 19.1.6 (will update that when the other Kirkstone forward-ports
are done).

Weston 10 also needs GL_EXT_unpack_subimage, so you'll need the attached
patch on weston for now.

Andrew

> [...]
>>> new file mode 100644
>>> index 00000000..86c1e714
>>> --- /dev/null
>>> +++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_%.bbappend
>>> @@ -0,0 +1,2 @@
>>> +PR:append:ti-soc = ".ti1"
>>> +OPENGL_PKGCONFIGS:ti-soc = ""
>>> diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend
>>> new file mode 100644
>>> index 00000000..e7163207
>>> --- /dev/null
>>> +++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend
>>> @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
>>> +PR:append:ti-soc = ".ti1"
>>> +PACKAGECONFIG:remove:ti-soc = "glx"
>>> +DEPENDS:append:ti-soc = " libxshmfence"

[-- Attachment #2: 0001-Revert-gl-renderer-require-GL_EXT_unpack_subimage.patch --]

From 5fc282bb9c0beccd87160af63e45abbab00f2b24 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 15:49:31 -0500
Subject: [PATCH] Revert "gl-renderer: require GL_EXT_unpack_subimage"

This reverts commit 593d5af43a8e2c2a3371088fa7ae430d0517c82d.
---
 libweston/renderer-gl/gl-renderer-internal.h |  2 ++
 libweston/renderer-gl/gl-renderer.c          | 29 ++++++++++++++++----

diff --git a/libweston/renderer-gl/gl-renderer-internal.h b/libweston/renderer-gl/gl-renderer-internal.h
index 72101b47..7a6e2f48 100644
--- a/libweston/renderer-gl/gl-renderer-internal.h
+++ b/libweston/renderer-gl/gl-renderer-internal.h
@@ -133,6 +133,8 @@ struct gl_renderer {
 	PFNEGLCREATEPLATFORMWINDOWSURFACEEXTPROC create_platform_window;
 	bool has_platform_base;

+	bool has_unpack_subimage;
+
 	PFNEGLBINDWAYLANDDISPLAYWL bind_display;
 	PFNEGLUNBINDWAYLANDDISPLAYWL unbind_display;
 	PFNEGLQUERYWAYLANDBUFFERWL query_buffer;
diff --git a/libweston/renderer-gl/gl-renderer.c b/libweston/renderer-gl/gl-renderer.c
index a5f5eae4..410ba85c 100644
--- a/libweston/renderer-gl/gl-renderer.c
+++ b/libweston/renderer-gl/gl-renderer.c
@@ -1835,6 +1835,7 @@ gl_renderer_flush_damage(struct weston_surface *surface)
 {
 	const struct weston_testsuite_quirks *quirks =
 		&surface->compositor->test_data.test_quirks;
+	struct gl_renderer *gr = get_renderer(surface->compositor);
 	struct gl_surface_state *gs = get_surface_state(surface);
 	struct weston_buffer *buffer = gs->buffer_ref.buffer;
 	struct weston_view *view;
@@ -1872,6 +1873,24 @@ gl_renderer_flush_damage(struct weston_surface *surface)

 	glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);

+	if (!gr->has_unpack_subimage) {
+		wl_shm_buffer_begin_access(buffer->shm_buffer);
+		for (j = 0; j < gs->num_textures; j++) {
+			glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, gs->textures[j]);
+			glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0,
+				     gs->gl_format[j],
+				     gs->pitch / gs->hsub[j],
+				     buffer->height / gs->vsub[j],
+				     0,
+				     gl_format_from_internal(gs->gl_format[j]),
+				     gs->gl_pixel_type,
+				     data + gs->offset[j]);
+		}
+		wl_shm_buffer_end_access(buffer->shm_buffer);
+
+		goto done;
+	}
+
 	if (gs->needs_full_upload || quirks->gl_force_full_upload) {
 		glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_SKIP_PIXELS_EXT, 0);
 		glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_SKIP_ROWS_EXT, 0);
@@ -3932,11 +3951,9 @@ gl_renderer_setup(struct weston_compositor *ec, EGLSurface egl_surface)
 	else
 		ec->read_format = PIXMAN_a8b8g8r8;

-	if (gr->gl_version < gr_gl_version(3, 0) &&
-	    !weston_check_egl_extension(extensions, "GL_EXT_unpack_subimage")) {
-		weston_log("GL_EXT_unpack_subimage not available.\n");
-		return -1;
-	}
+	if (gr->gl_version >= gr_gl_version(3, 0) ||
+	    weston_check_egl_extension(extensions, "GL_EXT_unpack_subimage"))
+		gr->has_unpack_subimage = true;

 	if (gr->gl_version >= gr_gl_version(3, 0) ||
 	    weston_check_egl_extension(extensions, "GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV"))
@@ -3977,6 +3994,8 @@ gl_renderer_setup(struct weston_compositor *ec, EGLSurface egl_surface)
 		   gr_gl_version_minor(gr->gl_version));
 	weston_log_continue(STAMP_SPACE "read-back format: %s\n",
 		ec->read_format == PIXMAN_a8r8g8b8 ? "BGRA" : "RGBA");
+	weston_log_continue(STAMP_SPACE "wl_shm sub-image to texture: %s\n",
+			    gr->has_unpack_subimage ? "yes" : "no");
 	weston_log_continue(STAMP_SPACE "EGL Wayland extension: %s\n",
 			    gr->has_bind_display ? "yes" : "no");

--
2.37.3

* Re: [meta-ti] Build failure for beaglebone on kirkstone branch
@ 2022-10-26 15:53               ` Andrew Davis
From: Andrew Davis @ 2022-10-26 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon, Denys Dmytriyenko

On 10/25/22 9:08 AM, Paul Barker wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 17/10/2022 15:30, Andrew Davis wrote:
>> I'm attaching a patch for meta-ti that should
>> get both core-image-x11 and core-image-weston building for Kirkstone.
>
> I'll give this a test this week. I've included some review comments
> below so we can hopefully get something merged to fix this issue...
>
>>  From c81fbae2cf7787ed01ee00b378e95be9d653d7df Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>> From: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
>> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 09:59:46 -0500
>> Subject: [PATCH] Add core-image-weston and core-image-x11 support
>>
>> This is more changes than I would normally like in a single commit
>> but these all do seem so logically connected. The goal being to
>> enable the two oe-core graphical images.
>>
>> These changes are needed due to our MACHINES all only having GLES2
>> and not the desktop OpenGL versions. That would mean these belong
>> in the layer that adds the machines and not in a distro layer.
>>
>> At some point we should add a new MACHINE_FEATURE that lets a BSP
>> layer specify the API supported by the hardware. Until then
>> we append these key recipes to switch them over to GLES2.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
>
> I expect the long-term solution will be to add a "gles2" entry to
> MACHINE_FEATURES on the Yocto master branch, but I doubt that will be
> accepted onto the existing kirkstone branch. In the meantime we do need
> a solution which can be applied for kirkstone.

Right, far too late to refactor that in kirkstone. For that we will
just have to live with the fixups in meta-ti.

> Are the changes here expected to work for all TI targets or just the
> AM335x SoC? i.e. can this be applied to the kirkstone branch in meta-ti
> once refactored into a couple of different commits (e.g. one per
> package)?

Should work on all TI targets.

>> ---
>>   .../recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend   |  3 ++
>>   ...abling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch | 46 +++++++++++++++++++
>>   .../recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3_%.bbappend    |  9 ++++
>>   .../libepoxy/libepoxy_%.bbappend              |  3 ++
>>   .../xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_%.bbappend      |  2 +
>>   .../xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend              |  3 ++
>>   6 files changed, 66 insertions(+)
>>   create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend
>>   create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch
>>   create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3_%.bbappend
>>   create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/libepoxy/libepoxy_%.bbappend
>>   create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg_%.bbappend
>>   create mode 100644 meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/xwayland/xwayland_%.bbappend
>>
>> diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend
>> new file mode 100644
>> index 00000000..726f3911
>> --- /dev/null
>> +++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo_%.bbappend
>> @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
>> +PR:append:ti-soc = ".ti1"
>> +PACKAGECONFIG:append:ti-soc = " ${@bb.utils.contains('MACHINE_FEATURES', 'gpu', 'egl glesv2', '', d)}"
>> +PACKAGECONFIG:remove:ti-soc = "opengl"
>> diff --git a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch
>> new file mode 100644
>> index 00000000..c873fb8d
>> --- /dev/null
>> +++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/gtk+/gtk+3/0001-Fix-OpenGL-disabling-patch-to-not-exclude-libepoxy.patch
>> @@ -0,0 +1,46 @@
>> +From eb16e80bf1f7c51024f3ed950ae85541e5ba2233 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>> +From: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
>> +Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 13:05:45 -0500
>> +Subject: [PATCH] Fix OpenGL disabling patch to not exclude libepoxy
>> +
>> +Upstream-Status: Inappropriate
>> +Signed-off-by: Andrew Davis <afd@ti.com>
>
> I think this is appropriate to fix upstream.

This patch fixes another patch in oe-core. Upstream gtk+3 doesn't have this issue.

Andrew

@ 2022-11-01 16:49                   ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2022-11-01 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: Andrew Davis, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon

On 26/10/2022 16:12, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> Weston 10 build failure is known and is being worked on.
>
> For details and a temporary workaround see this:
>
> https://patchwork.yoctoproject.org/project/arago/patch/20220329053703.2367559-1-denis@denix.org/ <https://patchwork.yoctoproject.org/project/arago/patch/20220329053703.2367559-1-denis@denix.org/>

Hi Denys,

I've tried the patch included in the linked email. It allows successful
build of core-image-weston & tisdk-default-image. However, it does not
work for AGL builds as weston 10 is required there:

| Run-time dependency libweston-10 found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
|
| ../git/meson.build:154:0: ERROR: Dependency "libweston-10" not found, tried pkgconfig
|
| A full log can be found at /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt
| ERROR: meson failed
| WARNING: /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250:184 exit 1 from 'exit 1'
| WARNING: Backtrace (BB generated script):
|       #1: bbfatal_log, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 184
|       #2: meson_do_configure, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 173
|       #3: do_configure, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 149
|       #4: main, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 197
ERROR: Task (/workdir/meta-agl/meta-agl-core/recipes-graphics/wayland/agl-compositor_git.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

Is there any way forward here or do we need to wait for Weston 10
support from TI?

@ 2022-11-03 16:21                     ` Andrew Davis
From: Andrew Davis @ 2022-11-03 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker, Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon

On 11/1/22 11:49 AM, Paul Barker wrote:
> On 26/10/2022 16:12, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
>> Weston 10 build failure is known and is being worked on.
>>
>> For details and a temporary workaround see this:
>>
>> https://patchwork.yoctoproject.org/project/arago/patch/20220329053703.2367559-1-denis@denix.org/ <https://patchwork.yoctoproject.org/project/arago/patch/20220329053703.2367559-1-denis@denix.org/>
>
> Hi Denys,
>
> I've tried the patch included in the linked email. It allows successful
> build of core-image-weston & tisdk-default-image. However, it does not
> work for AGL builds as weston 10 is required there:
>
> | Run-time dependency libweston-10 found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
> |
> | ../git/meson.build:154:0: ERROR: Dependency "libweston-10" not found, tried pkgconfig
> |
> | A full log can be found at /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt
> | ERROR: meson failed
> | WARNING: /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250:184 exit 1 from 'exit 1'
> | WARNING: Backtrace (BB generated script):
> |       #1: bbfatal_log, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 184
> |       #2: meson_do_configure, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 173
> |       #3: do_configure, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 149
> |       #4: main, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 197
> ERROR: Task (/workdir/meta-agl/meta-agl-core/recipes-graphics/wayland/agl-compositor_git.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
>
> Is there any way forward here or do we need to wait for Weston 10
> support from TI?

I'd recommend waiting for Weston 10 support. There are a couple
more patches that need forward ported from Dunfell to Kirkstone
still, then we can add on the GPU patches. No no guarantees but
I'd guess support is only a week or so away at this time.

Thanks,
Andrew

* Re: [meta-ti] Build failure for beaglebone on kirkstone branch
@ 2022-11-03 19:26                       ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2022-11-03 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: afd; +Cc: Paul Barker, Denys Dmytriyenko, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon

On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 11:21:21AM -0500, Andrew Davis via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> On 11/1/22 11:49 AM, Paul Barker wrote:
> >On 26/10/2022 16:12, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> >>Weston 10 build failure is known and is being worked on.
> >>
> >>For details and a temporary workaround see this:
> >>
> >>https://patchwork.yoctoproject.org/project/arago/patch/20220329053703.2367559-1-denis@denix.org/ <https://patchwork.yoctoproject.org/project/arago/patch/20220329053703.2367559-1-denis@denix.org/>
> >
> >Hi Denys,
> >
> >I've tried the patch included in the linked email. It allows successful
> >build of core-image-weston & tisdk-default-image. However, it does not
> >work for AGL builds as weston 10 is required there:
> >
> >| Run-time dependency libweston-10 found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
> >|
> >| ../git/meson.build:154:0: ERROR: Dependency "libweston-10" not found, tried pkgconfig
> >|
> >| A full log can be found at /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt
> >| ERROR: meson failed
> >| WARNING: /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250:184 exit 1 from 'exit 1'
> >| WARNING: Backtrace (BB generated script):
> >|       #1: bbfatal_log, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 184
> >|       #2: meson_do_configure, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 173
> >|       #3: do_configure, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 149
> >|       #4: main, /workdir/build/tmp/work/armv7at2hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/agl-compositor/0.0.10+gitAUTOINC+924473ef01-r0/temp/run.do_configure.3204250, line 197
> >ERROR: Task (/workdir/meta-agl/meta-agl-core/recipes-graphics/wayland/agl-compositor_git.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
> >
> >Is there any way forward here or do we need to wait for Weston 10
> >support from TI?
> >

> I'd recommend waiting for Weston 10 support. There are a couple
> more patches that need forward ported from Dunfell to Kirkstone
> still, then we can add on the GPU patches. No no guarantees but
> I'd guess support is only a week or so away at this time.

I don't think there's any dependency between those 2 items - porting latest
changes from Dunfell to Kirkstone is all about K3 platforms (TI-SCI cleanup,
HS unification and new J7 platforms), which shouldn't block any graphics
updates, especially for legacy SGX and Beaglebone breakage mentioned here...

--
Denys

* Re: [meta-ti] Build failure for beaglebone on kirkstone branch
@ 2022-11-03 22:31                         ` Andrew Davis
From: Andrew Davis @ 2022-11-03 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: Paul Barker, Denys Dmytriyenko, meta-ti, Ryan Eatmon

On 11/3/22 2:26 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 11:21:21AM -0500, Andrew Davis via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:

>>> Hi Denys,
>>>
>>> I've tried the patch included in the linked email. It allows successful
>>> build of core-image-weston & tisdk-default-image. However, it does not
>>> work for AGL builds as weston 10 is required there:

>>> ERROR: Task (/workdir/meta-agl/meta-agl-core/recipes-graphics/wayland/agl-compositor_git.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
>>>
>>> Is there any way forward here or do we need to wait for Weston 10
>>> support from TI?
>>>

>> I'd recommend waiting for Weston 10 support. There are a couple
>> more patches that need forward ported from Dunfell to Kirkstone
>> still, then we can add on the GPU patches. No no guarantees but
>> I'd guess support is only a week or so away at this time.
>
> I don't think there's any dependency between those 2 items - porting latest
> changes from Dunfell to Kirkstone is all about K3 platforms (TI-SCI cleanup,
> HS unification and new J7 platforms), which shouldn't block any graphics
> updates, especially for legacy SGX and Beaglebone breakage mentioned here...

I have some renames in the GPU driver, those cleanups depend on changes
depend on another series that does block waiting for the Dunfell forward
port. :/

What compiler version will we settle on? Is it going to be the internally
built GCC or some external again? If it is internal then the GPU blobs, and
a little fixup Weston 10 needed, are both ready to go (outside of the
above name changes).

Andrew