* [cip-dev] CIP testing plan
@ 2017-08-14 11:10 Agustin Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt @ 2017-08-14 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

last week at Codethink we invested some effort in discussing the coming
tasks in order to reach a high level plan at least until ELCE 2017.

Due to level of uncertainty of some of the tasks ahead of us we have
been unable to provide the level of detail I would have liked, mostly
due to being the first time such an implementation is done with a tool
like B at D. The level of analysis effort required to provide higher
certainty is still high at this point. We will reduce uncertainty in the
coming weeks as we work in some of the tasks.

The main goal remains, that is showing a working system at ELCE able to
test the CIP kernel (system), create meaningful reports and share them,
together with the logs, through the mailing list. We will also release
an enhanced box to be used during the training session.

I have created a couple of diagrams that will be updated regularly,
reflecting the current status and the coming plans. Check the CIP
testing management wiki page[1].

In terms of management, the next step is to correlate this new high
level view[1] with the current low level (engineering) one, tracked
through gitlab.com[2]. They are currently linked only at Action level. I
will go down one level further (milestones). The overall goal of keeping
the management effort low stands still.

Feel free to ask questions about the planning through this mailing list
or contact me directly.

[1]
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingmanagement#board-at-desk-planning-and-progress
[2] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/boards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-08-14 11:10 UTC | newest]