* Re: Contribution to Linux Kernel.
@ 2017-09-23 22:21 Javier Romero
From: Javier Romero @ 2017-09-23 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kamil Konieczny; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi people,

Well, after reading those links provided by all of you, I'd like to start contributing as a Kernel tester.

Have also read this link about testing the Kernel:

http://m.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-kernel-testing-and-debugging?page=0,0

Which are the minimal hardware requirements to start contributing as a tester for X86 processors?

I have a Raspberry PI 3, can this device be useful for testing Linux Kernel on ARM arquitecture?

Thanks for your kind attention.

Regards

       [not found]             ` <CAEH__nEMvScfyOanMUKrrQgq5PSueFhRoWM3YUd+3d2TSWyHWA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-11-15 10:40               ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2017-11-15 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Javier Romero; +Cc: Kamil Konieczny, Ken Moffat, linux-kernel

Hi!

> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I've a Raspberry PI 3 and read that this device use it's own fork of the
> Linux Kernel.

> But do you think it would be useful to test linux-next on this device?

Well, if you can get linux-next working there, yes, that would be
nice.  But this may be a bit too big task to start with.

But what I meant was running 32-bit linux-next on some spare
computer. Not enough people test that version...
									Pavel

* Re: Contribution to Linux Kernel.
@ 2017-10-25 18:48             ` Javier Romero
       [not found]             ` <CAEH__nEMvScfyOanMUKrrQgq5PSueFhRoWM3YUd+3d2TSWyHWA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Javier Romero @ 2017-10-25 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: Kamil Konieczny, Ken Moffat, linux-kernel

Hi Pavel,

@ 2017-10-23  9:29           ` Pavel Machek
       [not found]             ` <CAEH__nEMvScfyOanMUKrrQgq5PSueFhRoWM3YUd+3d2TSWyHWA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Pavel Machek @ 2017-10-23  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Javier Romero; +Cc: Kamil Konieczny, Ken Moffat, linux-kernel

@ 2017-09-26 14:52         ` Javier Romero
From: Javier Romero @ 2017-09-26 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kamil Konieczny, Ken Moffat, linux-kernel

Ken / Kamil,

       [not found]     ` <CGME20170926091446eucas1p2bfc9dc15d691adef218a5bc49941e633@eucas1p2.samsung.com>
@ 2017-09-26  9:14       ` Kamil Konieczny
From: Kamil Konieczny @ 2017-09-26  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Javier Romero, Ken Moffat, linux-kernel

       [not found] ` <20170924202505.GA29877@milliways.localdomain>
@ 2017-09-25 19:03   ` Javier Romero
       [not found]     ` <CGME20170926091446eucas1p2bfc9dc15d691adef218a5bc49941e633@eucas1p2.samsung.com>
From: Javier Romero @ 2017-09-25 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Moffat, linux-kernel

@ 2017-09-22 22:33   ` Javier Romero
From: Javier Romero @ 2017-09-22 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Corbet; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Best Regards,

Javi

       [not found] ` <CGME20170922100216eucas1p240221e0bf388e43f463d12a0eec86941@eucas1p2.samsung.com>
@ 2017-09-22 19:15 ` Jonathan Corbet
From: Jonathan Corbet @ 2017-09-22 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Javier Romero; +Cc: linux-kernel

@ 2017-09-22 12:51     ` Javier Romero
From: Javier Romero @ 2017-09-22 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kamil Konieczny, linux-kernel

Hello Kamil,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'll check those links to learn how can I start contributing.

Best Regards,

Javier Romero

@ 2017-09-22 10:02   ` Kamil Konieczny
From: Kamil Konieczny @ 2017-09-22 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)