* 4.8.3 preparations
@ 2017-12-20 15:14 Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2017-12-20 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

All,

with the goal of releasing relatively soon after New Year, please
point out backport candidates you find missing from the respective
staging branches, but which you consider relevant.

Thanks, Jan

* Re: 4.8.3 preparations
@ 2017-12-21 14:05 ` Andrew Cooper
From: Andrew Cooper @ 2017-12-21 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich, xen-devel, Ian Jackson

On 20/12/17 15:14, Jan Beulich wrote:
> All,
>
> with the goal of releasing relatively soon after New Year, please
> point out backport candidates you find missing from the respective
> staging branches, but which you consider relevant.

Travis (with a newly updated Clang) is showing build failures on 4.7 and
4.8.  Luckily, we've already fixed this in 4.9, but it makes c/s
bfd9a2095f a backport candidate for stable releases.

~Andrew

* Re: 4.8.3 preparations
@ 2017-12-21 19:42   ` Alex Braunegg
From: Alex Braunegg @ 2017-12-21 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Andrew Cooper', 'Jan Beulich',
	'xen-devel', 'Ian Jackson'
  Cc: cmt

Hi Andrew, Jan, Ian,

With Christoph any myself reporting the same kernel crash when using 4.14.x kernels and Xen 4.8.2 is there any chance to look at this bug before 4.8.3 is released?

Best regards,

Alex

@ 2017-12-21 22:12     ` Christoph Moench-Tegeder
From: Christoph Moench-Tegeder @ 2017-12-21 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

## Alex Braunegg (alex.braunegg@gmail.com):

> With Christoph any myself reporting the same kernel crash when using
> 4.14.x kernels and Xen 4.8.2 is there any chance to look at this bug
> before 4.8.3 is released?

As "our" bug seems to be kernel-side (I've no problems in 4.13.16, or
any other 4.13.x I was running before - neither in 4.12 and some way
back, as far as I can remember), that's rather unrelated.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space

* Re: 4.8.3 preparations
@ 2018-01-02  8:58     ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2018-01-02  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Braunegg
  Cc: 'Andrew Cooper', cmt, 'Ian Jackson', 'xen-devel'

>>> On 21.12.17 at 20:42, <alex.braunegg@gmail.com> wrote:
> With Christoph any myself reporting the same kernel crash when using 4.14.x
> kernels and Xen 4.8.2 is there any chance to look at this bug before 4.8.3 is
> released?

As Christoph has already pointed out - unless you have indication
of your issue (a) being a hypervisor issue and (b) already addressed
in master, I don't understand the request: For stable releases we
only consider backports.

Jan