* Re: Include PaX / GRSecurity
@ 2014-09-08 17:23 Stath, Paul
From: Stath, Paul @ 2014-09-08 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Jens Lecius <incnews@jenslucius.de> write:

> I am trying to include the GRSecurity & PaX patches for the kernel in a Yocto build.
>
> The patch is applied to the kernel correctly, but when the build begins
> I get the following error:

> | Makefile:686: *** Your gcc installation does not support plugins. If
> the necessary headers for plugin support are missing, they should be
> installed.  On Debian, apt-get install gcc-<ver>-plugin-dev.  If you
> choose to ignore this error and lessen the improvements provided by this
> patch, re-run make with the DISABLE_PAX_PLUGINS=y argument..  Stop.

> Any ideas how to solve this? (Compile is on an Intel machine crosscompile for ARM)

> Thanks,
> Jens

By default, the gcc compiler built by Yocto is not configured with plug-in support.

To resolve this, I added a bbappend file for the gcc-cross recipe in my custom layer, which simply contained:

EXTRA_OECONF += "--enable-plugin"

This added the "--enable-plugin" flag to the do_configure task when configuring/building the gcc-cross compiler.

Note:  Where you add the "--enable-plugin" configure option will depend on which compiler needs plugin support.

* Kernel features
@ 2014-09-07  8:51 Ilya Dmitrichenko
From: Ilya Dmitrichenko @ 2014-09-07  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Today I have spent quite a while trying to figure how KERNEL_FEATURES
works and why some of the things I pass in my configuration fragment
are not getting enabled.

It turned out that some of the options no longer existed and some had
been renamed.

The question is really why would this not get detected by
kernel_configcheck or any other step?

I'm guessing this might be the case of how kconfig works, perhaps...
So I wonder whether anyone have looked into how we could actually get
the feature dependency graph from kconfig to bitbake or at least some
sort of helper tool? Perhaps parsing kconfig manifests in Python would
be a starting point...

Cheers,
--
Ilya