* place to intercept BT audio packets?
@ 2018-08-29 22:01 dev
From: dev @ 2018-08-29 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

New to ofono: looking for documentation/pointers that can inform about
the best point in ofono to intercept Bluetooth audio packets from/to
headset to implement custom audio processing (and does audio stream even
thread through ofono?).

All info appreciated!

* Re: place to intercept BT audio packets?
@ 2018-08-29 22:31 ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2018-08-29 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

On Wed 2018-08-29 15:01:50, dev(a)rivaretica.com wrote:
> New to ofono: looking for documentation/pointers that can inform about the
> best point in ofono to intercept Bluetooth audio packets from/to headset to
> implement custom audio processing (and does audio stream even thread through
> ofono?).

I don't think audio stream goes through ofono. Sorry.
									Pavel

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: place to intercept BT audio packets?
@ 2018-08-30  1:23 ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2018-08-30  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

On 08/29/2018 05:01 PM, dev(a)rivaretica.com wrote:
> New to ofono: looking for documentation/pointers that can inform about
> the best point in ofono to intercept Bluetooth audio packets from/to
> headset to implement custom audio processing (and does audio stream even
> thread through ofono?).

oFono does not process the audio stream, it only sets up the transport.
The actual packets are processed by PulseAudio or directly routed from
the sound card to the Bluetooth chip in hardware.

This is a fairly complex topic.  I would ask this question on the BlueZ
and / or Pulse Audio mailing lists.

Regards,
-Denis

* Re: place to intercept BT audio packets?
@ 2018-08-30  1:30   ` dev
From: dev @ 2018-08-30  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono