* [Buildroot] Interfaces not coming up on DSA
@ 2016-09-29 15:03 Paul
From: Paul @ 2016-09-29 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

After upgrading to buildroot 2016.08.1 our dsa interfaces do not automatically come up, using an existing 4.5.4 kernel. Ifconfig lan1 up brings up the interface however not able to route, says destination unreachable. If we run an ifup ?a everything works as normal. This was not the case using a previous version of buildroot.

Kind regards

Paul Ashford

Contact Information:

m: +44 (0)7885 469812

e: paul at bluecordial.com

skype: paulashford1975

twitter: @pdashford

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Interfaces not coming up on DSA
@ 2016-09-30 23:08 ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2016-09-30 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 29-09-16 17:03, Paul wrote:
> After upgrading to buildroot 2016.08.1 our dsa interfaces do not automatically
> come up, using an existing 4.5.4 kernel.

 Do you use a custom skeleton? The system menu entries that manipulate files in
the skeleton (e.g. password, network, getty settings) are no longer available
for a custom skeleton, only for the default skeleton. The idea is that with a
custom skeleton, buildroot has no idea what is there so its manipulations may fail.

> Ifconfig lan1 up brings up the
> interface however not able to route, says destination unreachable.

 ifconfig only sets the IP address, it doesn't add a default route.

> If we run an
> ifup ?a everything works as normal.

 Hm, so you do have a valid /etc/network/interfaces file. Buildroot installs
/etc/init.d/S40network which will call ifup -a. Perhaps your lan1 interface
doesn't exist yet by the time that script is called?

 Regards,
 Arnout