* AW: [Xenomai-help] pthread_make_periodic_np and clock_gettime
@ 2007-02-15  6:58 Roderik_Wildenburg
From: Roderik_Wildenburg @ 2007-02-15  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jan.kiszka; +Cc: Xenomai-help

Sorry for the stupid question but: what is tick_arg ? Do  I have to configure it within Xenomai or is it a kernel parameter ?
The timing of my target in principal is fine. When I set
   tstart.tv_sec=0;
   tstart.tv_nsec=0;
both to zero, my task gets peiodic (task runs every second). Just when using clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME,&tstart) I get into trouble.

Roderik

MAN Roland Druckmaschinen AG
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Hanno C. Fiedler
Vorstand: Gerd Finkbeiner (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ingo Koch, Dr. Markus Rall, Paul Steidle
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Offenbach am Main, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach HRB-Nr. 42592
USt-Ident-Nr. DE 250200933

* Re: AW: [Xenomai-help] pthread_make_periodic_np and clock_gettime
@ 2007-02-15  9:00 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2007-02-15  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roderik_Wildenburg; +Cc: Xenomai-help

Roderik_Wildenburg@domain.hid wrote:
> Sorry for the stupid question but: what is tick_arg ? Do  I have to configure it within Xenomai or is it a kernel parameter ?

tick_arg is a nucleus module parameter, overloading
CONFIG_XENO_OPT_TIMING_PERIOD which requires XENO_OPT_TIMING_PERIODIC.
What setup do you have?

My problem was that I accidentally started the kernel at tick_arg=1000
(1 us), which didn't caused a locked up system because I ran it in qemu.
Just the tick conversion routines got confused. On a real target, you
will not be able to use such a system at all.

@ 2007-02-14  8:53 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2007-02-14  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roderik_Wildenburg; +Cc: Xenomai-help

Roderik_Wildenburg@domain.hid wrote:
>> Hah, I waited for the first footer of this kind appearing on
>> mailing lists! As far as I understood the new German law,
>> this is not required when you post to public forums. But
>> probably your corporate mail server injects this automatically.
>>
>> Jan
>
> You are right. I was surprised by myself seeing this footer in the mailing list.
> I don´t have any influence on this, as our mailserver adds the statement to my mails automatically.
> But, I don´t think that you or the xenomai group has a problem with this, as it makes obvious who is working with xenomai, dont´t you ?

Provided people can translate Druckmaschinen==printing machines. ;)

I was rather referring to information like who's your CEO, or your
company's tax number. Granted, I've seen far longer footers on mailing
list before ("This mail may be confident..."). Never mind, let's go back
to business.

Jan

* AW: [Xenomai-help] pthread_make_periodic_np and clock_gettime
@ 2007-02-14  8:17 Roderik_Wildenburg
From: Roderik_Wildenburg @ 2007-02-14  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jan.kiszka; +Cc: Xenomai-help