* IEEE 1588 support?
@ 2014-03-18 17:50 David P. Reed
       [not found] ` <EEE70D3F-3CAD-4461-AFFE-2887FBB4B950-1Y8S4l2rxOXZJqsBc5GL+g@public.gmane.org>
From: David P. Reed @ 2014-03-18 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi - I got the notice that DPDK is now supported for FreeBSD.   That’s great - it could be useful.

One question that I have is - does DPDK provide access to, and performance/precision for, the support of IEEE 1588 at the hardware level for 10 GigE NICs/switches that enable that?

It’s not obvious from the documentation scan I did.

David P. Reed, Ph.D.
TidalScale, Inc.

* Re: IEEE 1588 support?
       [not found] ` <EEE70D3F-3CAD-4461-AFFE-2887FBB4B950-1Y8S4l2rxOXZJqsBc5GL+g@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-03-18 18:51   ` Jayakumar, Muthurajan
       [not found]     ` <5D695A7F6F10504DBD9B9187395A21797C7000BB-P5GAC/sN6hlQxe9IK+vIArfspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Jayakumar, Muthurajan @ 2014-03-18 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David P. Reed, dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Please find the code for 1588 support
http://www.dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/app/test-pmd/ieee1588fwd.c
Thanks,

@ 2014-03-18 21:17       ` Daniel Kaminsky
From: Daniel Kaminsky @ 2014-03-18 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jayakumar, Muthurajan; +Cc: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi David,

Please notice that the default configuration doesn't enable 1588 support.

Daniel