* LE RSSI value
@ 2016-08-16  1:30 Jason Anderssen
From: Jason Anderssen @ 2016-08-16  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi all,

I have been writing a BLE scanner following hcittool.c as a basis, however, getting the RSSI value does not seem as straight forward.
I have worked out that I need to run btmon in the background, and then use hcitool with lescan option to get the RSSI from the btmon output.
While I wait for an expertise answer from this mail group, I will continue debugging the btmon to hopefully work out how to get this value for a advertising beacon, but hope that someone on this list may give me the ultimate solution.

Basically I would simply like to get the RSSI when I receive a advertisement, any direction or code samples would be much appreciated.

Cheers and thanks in advance for you help.
Jason Anderssen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-08-16  1:30 UTC | newest]