* Review request for Bug 5947 - Replace fstypes lookup on main build page
@ 2014-03-11 23:00 Wymore, Farrell
From: Wymore, Farrell @ 2014-03-11 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belen,

I  have pushed the fix for this defect.
    fwymore/fstypes

Thanks in advance - fw

* Re: Review request for Bug 5947 - Replace fstypes lookup on main build page
@ 2014-03-14 17:37 ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-14 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wymore, Farrell; +Cc: toaster

Taken in.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 11:00 PM, Wymore, Farrell <
Farrell.Wymore@windriver.com> wrote:

>  Hi Belen,
>

> I  have pushed the fix for this defect.
>
>     fwymore/fstypes
>

> Thanks in advance - fw

Alex Damian
Yocto Project
SSG / OTC

* Re: Review request for Bug 5947 - Replace fstypes lookup on main build page
@ 2014-03-20 11:45   ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-20 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wymore, Farrell; +Cc: toaster

I made a sloppy job reviewing this patch, I'm sorry for this.

The filters should have no knowledge of the object system. All object
manipulation should happen only in the views.py page, and relevant values
passed through the context.

I'm reverting this patch for the 2014/03/20 submission. Can you please
rework this patch with the relevant data queries inside views.py ?

Thank you,
Alex

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project

* Re: Review request for Bug 5947 - Replace fstypes lookup on main build page
@ 2014-03-21  7:18     ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2014-03-21  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU, Wymore, Farrell; +Cc: toaster

Hi Alex,

I can and will redo the commit. Did you revert the original patch?

I did a pull at 11:00 pm 2014/3/20 and I still see the patch. If you allow me to revert it explicitly with the updated patch, then you do not need to revert and I do not need to rebase yet again and lose a day, nor would anyone else preparing commits with changes to “projecttags.py”.

Also, we are seeing image file entries like “rootfs.manifest”. How does the algorithm know that “rootfs.tar.bz2” and “rootfs.ext3” are image files,  but ‘rootfs.manifest” is not? Or is the issue that entries like “rootfs.manifest” should not be in the image file list in the first place?

- David

I made a sloppy job reviewing this patch, I'm sorry for this.

The filters should have no knowledge of the object system. All object manipulation should happen only in the views.py page, and relevant values passed through the context.

I'm reverting this patch for the 2014/03/20 submission. Can you please rework this patch with the relevant data queries inside views.py ?

Thank you,
Alex

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Damian, Alexandru <alexandru.damian@intel.com<mailto:alexandru.damian@intel.com>> wrote:
Taken in.

@ 2014-03-21  9:12       ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-21  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David L (Wind River); +Cc: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River), toaster

Hi David,

I have the reverting patch up for submission. Unfortunately, the next
merging upstream will not happen until Monday. Can you please postpone this
one until we settle the upstream master ?

There is also another patch that tries to tackle this problem at data
collection time; if we manage to get that one in, that this patch will have
to have a different form. I think I will tackle it to save time, so please
reassign the bug to me.

What that does  is basically cross-reference the collected output file
names with the IMAGE_FSTYPES variable and register directly the only output
extensions that are valid.

Hope this helps,
Alex

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project

* Re: Review request for Bug 5947 - Replace fstypes lookup on main build page
@ 2014-03-25 16:32         ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-25 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David L (Wind River); +Cc: Wymore, Farrell W (Wind River), toaster

The origin/master is now updated.

Can you please refactor/rebase the fstypes on main build page patch on top
of origin/master ?

Thank you !

Alex

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Damian, Alexandru <

--
Alex Damian
Yocto Project

* Re: Review request for Bug 5947 - Replace fstypes lookup on main build page
@ 2014-03-25 17:12           ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2014-03-25 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: Wymore, Farrell, toaster

As you wish. I will prepare it now.

- David

@ 2014-03-25 17:44           ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2014-03-25 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: Wymore, Farrell, toaster

Hi Alex,

I have created a new branch and rebased the patch:

    dreyna/fstypes_v2

- David

@ 2014-03-27 16:38             ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2014-03-27 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)