* Issues with project user-modified configuration variables
@ 2015-02-18 19:16 Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2015-02-18 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU, BARROS PENA, BELEN; +Cc: toaster

Hi Alex and Belen,

I have done further research into the application of the variables from the Project Configuration Variable page and the actual build output. Here is what I found.

1) I created a new project and changed these configuration settings from the defaults

  IMAGE_INSTALL_append => "bash"
  PACKAGE_CLASSES => "package_ipk"
  SDKMACHINE => "i686"
  IMAGE_FSTYPES => "tar.bz2"
  FOO => "bar"

2) Then started a build and examined the “…/build/conf/toaster-pre.conf” file, and I happily observe that my values appeared there as expected.

  IMAGE_INSTALL_append="bash"
  PACKAGE_CLASSES="package_ipk"
  SDKMACHINE="i686"
  IMAGE_FSTYPES="tar.bz2"
  FOO="bar"

3) However, when I examined the Configuration Variables (via Toaster!) after the build finished, I observed these results:

Bad:
  * “IMAGE_INSTALL_append” was undefined
  * “IMAGE_FSTYPES”  was "ext2 tar.bz2 ext3"
Good:
  * The values “PACKAGE_CLASSES" and “SDKMACHINE" were correct
  * The customer value “FOO” was indeed "bar"

4) It appears for “IMAGE_FSTYPES” that bitbake is still doing an append even though it clearly has a “set” as the last operation (as per Toaster!)

  1            /opt/dreyna/toaster_master/build/conf/toaster-pre.conf          set          6
  2            /opt/dreyna/toaster_master/_poky_master.toaster_cloned/meta/conf/machine/include/qemu.inc    append                18
  3            /opt/dreyna/toaster_master/_poky_master.toaster_cloned/meta/conf/bitbake.conf  set?       687

5) It appears that “IMAGE_INSTALL_append” is overridden or not processed as expected by bitbake, meaning that we need some additional trick.

I will say that in Wind River we do this, which seems the same but may be processed differently:

  IMAGE_INSTALL += "mpatrol"

- David

* Re: Issues with project user-modified configuration variables
@ 2015-02-20 11:40 ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2015-02-20 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David L (Wind River); +Cc: toaster