* Re: [review-request] 6682 - Implement changes needed in the "All Projects" page
@ 2015-02-18 17:07 Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2015-02-18 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belen,

For my All Projects page, I found an issue when displaying projects that have not been built yet (causes an error when looking up the FSTYPES to pretty print them). I am working on a fix, should have it within a few hours.

- David

From: Reyna, David @ 2015-02-18 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: toaster

Ok, crisis averted, extra exception handling added. The commit should be good now.

  dreyna/all_projects_6682

- David

[...]

                    },

@ 2015-02-18 19:12   ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-02-18 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David L (Wind River), Damian, Alexandru; +Cc: toaster

Hi David,

I've found some stuff with the projects table. Let me know if you have any
questions:

* Something funky going on in the Edit columns menu. If you deselect last
build, last errors, last image files, last outcome, last target and last
warnings the table heading for last errors and last warnings are hidden,
but not the data cells.

* The release name should link to the project details section in the
project page. We need to link to the #project-details id in the project
page

* The machine name should link to the project configuration section in the
project page. We can probably use the #machine-distro id for this

*  The number of builds should be a link to the project builds page
(except with the number of builds is 0)

* The last build date should be a link to the build dashboard page

* The default sorting for the last build column should be in inverse
chronological order (most recent build on top). If a project has no
builds, they should always show at the bottom, but this might not be
possible (I am not sure)

* When you search and the search returns just one item, the heading should
say "1 project found". Right now it says "1 projects found"

* The machine and target columns are not searchable (they should be)

* In the all builds table, the project column needs to move next to the
machine column (see page 26 of the design document). It doesn't matter if
the project column is not sortable, but it should be searchable. Also, the
project filter should go away: the way it's implemented will break down
the moment you have more than 5 or 6 projects

@ 2015-02-18 19:25     ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2015-02-18 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belén,

Ok, I will have this updated today.

> * When you search and the search returns just one item, the heading
> should
> say "1 project found". Right now it says "1 projects found"

I saw that, and it is odd. I used the generic code "{{objects.paginator.count|pluralize}}", so I am very surprised that it is failing in this context.

- David

@ 2015-02-18 20:15     ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2015-02-18 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belén,

Everything is almost done, but I have two issues.

1) You have requested two anchor jumps, "#project-details" and "#machine-distro" id to the project
Page.

However, these labels are implemented as "id" elements and not "name" elements, and as such cannot be used as regular anchors. Should I go ahead and edit the "project.html" page to additionally include these as "names"?

2) "The machine and target columns are not searchable"

This will not work for these synthetic values, for the same reason that the sort mechanism will not allow them.

	Request Method: 	GET
	Request URL: 	http://127.0.0.1:8000/toastergui/projects/?orderby=id%3A-&count=10&search=qemux86&page=1
	Django Version: 	1.6
	Exception Type: 	FieldError
	Exception Value:

	Cannot resolve keyword 'get_current_machine_name' into field. Choices are: bitbake_version, build, buildrequest, created, id, layer_version, name, projectlayer, projecttarget, projectvariable, release, short_description, updated, user_id

	Exception Location: 	/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/db/models/sql/query.py in names_to_path, line 1274

- David

@ 2015-02-19 11:16       ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-02-19 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David L (Wind River), Damian, Alexandru; +Cc: toaster

On 18/02/2015 20:15, "Reyna, David" <david.reyna@windriver.com> wrote:

>Hi Belén,
>
>Everything is almost done, but I have two issues.
>
>1) You have requested two anchor jumps, "#project-details" and
>"#machine-distro" id to the project
>Page.
>
>However, these labels are implemented as "id" elements and not "name"
>elements, and as such cannot be used as regular anchors. Should I go
>ahead and edit the "project.html" page to additionally include these as
>"names"?

html5 allows linking to id's. From the spec:

"If there is an element in the DOM that has an ID exactly equal to fragid,
then the first such element in tree order is the indicated part of the
document; stop the algorithm here."

Of course I haven't read the spec (I am not crazy): found it quoted in
StackOverflow ;)

The name attribute is deprecated in html5.

>2) "The machine and target columns are not searchable"
>
>This will not work for these synthetic values, for the same reason that
>the sort mechanism will not allow them.
>
>        Request Method:         GET
>        Request URL:
>http://127.0.0.1:8000/toastergui/projects/?orderby=id%3A-&count=10&search=
>qemux86&page=1
>        Django Version:         1.6
>        Exception Type:         FieldError
>        Exception Value:
>
>        Cannot resolve keyword 'get_current_machine_name' into field.
>Choices are: bitbake_version, build, buildrequest, created, id,
>layer_version, name, projectlayer, projecttarget, projectvariable,
>release, short_description, updated, user_id
>
>        Exception Location:
>/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/db/models/sql/query.py in
>names_to_path, line 1274

Yes, I was talking to Alex about this: the machine is no longer searchable
in the all builds table either, although the search by target does work
there. You might be able to have a look to see how that's working there,
and I'll open an issue in Bugzilla about the machine information  not
being searchable.

Cheers

Belén

@ 2015-02-18  8:36 Reyna, David