* V2: [review-request] configure variables page: dreyna/hardcoded_submit_7246_7371
@ 2015-02-28  4:45 Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2015-02-28  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belén.

Ok, I have fixed the issues and re-pushed my commit "dreyna/hardcoded_submit_7246_7371".

[x] "If you add manually one of our default variables, I can briefly see an
error alert coming up, then disappearing very quickly."

This was a race condition between the 'postEditAjaxRequest' and the page reload. Fixed.

[x] "When you add back SDKMACHINE, when you click the 'change' icon the
Cancel button is disabled"
[x] "When you add back PACKAGE_CLASESS, the 'Save' button is disabled, so you
cannot make any changes to the variable value"

This was really odd and took time to figure out. It turns out that with a soft reload these two buttons (and only these two buttons) get a disabled="" attribute inserted magically. The fix was to do a hard reload instead (which is anyway better in the long run).

[x] "... I found the message a bit confusing ..."

I went with the generic: "You cannot set this variable here. Please set it in the project main page", with a link to that project's main page.

[x] "The only issue I've found is that the MACHINE variable is showing up ..."

Filter added for both the blacklist and {MACHINE,BBLAYERS} in the initial page serve and the XHR serve.

- David

* Re: V2: [review-request] configure variables page: dreyna/hardcoded_submit_7246_7371
@ 2015-03-02 11:36 ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-03-02 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David L (Wind River); +Cc: toaster

Hi David,

All the issues in my previous email are fixed :) The bad news is that I've
found a couple more:

One is pretty small: if you delete all our preset variables and then add
back IMAGE_INSTALL_append using the 'add variable' form, the tooltip of
the delete icon doesn't come up.

The other one is more of a problem: the validation against variables
currently set in the page has stopped working. I was able to add 2 distros
:/

Thanks!

Belén

@ 2015-03-02 20:23   ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2015-03-02 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belén,

> if you delete all our preset variables and then
> add back IMAGE_INSTALL_append the tooltip of
> the delete icon doesn't come up.

Fixed and pushed. Code was in the wrong {% if %}.

> The other one is more of a problem: the validation against variables
> currently set in the page has stopped working. I was able to add 2
> distros
> :/

I cannot replicate this, adding a second "DISTRO" (or any other variable). How did you do this?

What I could replicate was for example adding "distro" in addition to "DISTRO". This upper/lower case test is now fixed and pushed, in addition to dangling error class markers when there were cumulative errors.

- David

@ 2015-03-03  9:46     ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-03-03  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David L (Wind River); +Cc: toaster

On 02/03/2015 20:23, "Reyna, David" <david.reyna@windriver.com> wrote:

>Hi Belén,
>
>> if you delete all our preset variables and then
>> add back IMAGE_INSTALL_append the tooltip of
>> the delete icon doesn't come up.
>
>Fixed and pushed. Code was in the wrong {% if %}.

Thanks!

>> The other one is more of a problem: the validation against variables
>> currently set in the page has stopped working. I was able to add 2
>> distros
>> :/
>
>I cannot replicate this, adding a second "DISTRO" (or any other
>variable). How did you do this?
>
>What I could replicate was for example adding "distro" in addition to
>"DISTRO". This upper/lower case test is now fixed and pushed, in addition
>to dangling error class markers when there were cumulative errors.

agreed: I am not sure what happened yesterday when I tried, but whatever
it was, it's working properly now :)

So from the UI side this is ready to submit upstream.

Thanks!

Belén

@ 2015-03-09 11:32       ` Damian, Alexandru
From: Damian, Alexandru @ 2015-03-09 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)