* Questions about date range function
@ 2015-03-16  6:47 Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2015-03-16  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belén,

I have the date range selectors working now for Toaster-1.8, with just  a few remaining requested enhancements in progress. To that end I had a few questions.

1) How persistent do you want the date range values?

Do you want them just persistent to the page, in other words revert to dateMin and dateMax and you leave and return to the page?

Or do you want them persistent to the session, in other words preserved in the cookie stash?

2) To get the Datepicker to work I will need to restore "toastergui/static/js/jquery-ui.js" file. This file was apparently removed since Toaster-1.6.

I will mention that this file is 436 Kb in size, and will overwhelm any patch file submission. Should I commit this file in a separate patch? Or is there another way to get it back into Toaster without the overhead?

BTW, I do not think that there is an easy way just to push the Datepicker code from "jquery-ui.js", without hacking and risk.

3) For the dateMin and dateMax, it would appear that I need to instantiate the build table in the view in order to sort it by the "started" and "completed" fields.

Should I perhaps avoid a second sort for "completed" by using the minimum "started" date as dateMin and perhaps the maximum "started" date plus one as dateMax? The build tables are small now, but they could conceivably be quite large, and these values should nicely bracket the actual dates.

Thanks,
David

* Re: Questions about date range function
@ 2015-03-16 11:24 ` Michael Wood
From: Michael Wood @ 2015-03-16 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David, BARROS PENA, BELEN, DAMIAN, ALEXANDRU; +Cc: toaster

What about a bootstrap plugin such as
https://github.com/eternicode/bootstrap-datepicker for the date picker?

Michael

@ 2015-03-16 15:15   ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-03-16 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wood, Michael G, Reyna, David L (Wind River), Damian, Alexandru; +Cc: toaster

On 16/03/2015 11:24, "Michael Wood" <michael.g.wood@intel.com> wrote:

You can customise jQuery UI using the download builder

http://jqueryui.com/download/

>What about a bootstrap plugin such as
>https://github.com/eternicode/bootstrap-datepicker for the date picker?

But we can definitely use this instead. That range control might be handy
:)

Cheers

Belén

@ 2015-03-16 15:19 ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-03-16 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reyna, David L (Wind River), Damian, Alexandru; +Cc: toaster

On 16/03/2015 06:47, "Reyna, David" <david.reyna@windriver.com> wrote:

>Hi Belén,
>
>I have the date range selectors working now for Toaster-1.8, with just  a
>few remaining requested enhancements in progress. To that end I had a few
>questions.
>
>1) How persistent do you want the date range values?
>
>Do you want them just persistent to the page, in other words revert to
>dateMin and dateMax and you leave and return to the page?
>
>Or do you want them persistent to the session, in other words preserved
>in the cookie stash?

I think persistent to the page: I am not sure we should assume you will
want to reuse the same dates within the same session.

>2) To get the Datepicker to work I will need to restore
>³toastergui/static/js/jquery-ui.js² file. This file was apparently
>removed since Toaster-1.6.
>
>I will mention that this file is 436 Kb in size, and will overwhelm any
>patch file submission. Should I commit this file in a separate patch? Or
>is there another way to get it back into Toaster without the overhead?
>
>BTW, I do not think that there is an easy way just to push the Datepicker
>code from ³jquery-ui.js², without hacking and risk.
>
>3) For the dateMin and dateMax, it would appear that I need to
>instantiate the build table in the view in order to sort it by the
>³started² and ³completed² fields.
>
>Should I perhaps avoid a second sort for ³completed² by using the minimum
>³started² date as dateMin and perhaps the maximum ³started² date plus one
>as dateMax? The build tables are small now, but they could conceivably be
>quite large, and these values
> should nicely bracket the actual dates.

This should be fine, I think.

Thanks!