* Where to find xfs-import.git
@ 2018-08-27 20:15 Omar Sandoval
From: Omar Sandoval @ 2018-08-27 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs; +Cc: Darrick J. Wong, Dave Chinner

Hey,

I was hoping to poke around some old XFS history, but now that
oss.sgi.com is gone, I can't find the XFS CVS import repo. Does anyone
have it lying around? Would it be possible to put it up on kernel.org?

Thanks!

* Re: Where to find xfs-import.git
@ 2018-08-28  8:13 ` Carlos Maiolino
From: Carlos Maiolino @ 2018-08-28  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Sandoval; +Cc: linux-xfs, Darrick J. Wong, Dave Chinner

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 01:15:59PM -0700, Omar Sandoval wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was hoping to poke around some old XFS history, but now that
> oss.sgi.com is gone, I can't find the XFS CVS import repo. Does anyone
> have it lying around? Would it be possible to put it up on kernel.org?

oss.sgi.com is by far gone. But you can find everything from oss.sgi.com in
archive.org. Unfortunately not the CVS repositories, which I have no idea if
they are still around somewhere. But on archive.org you can still find the
original design documents from xfs.

Cheers

--
Carlos

* Re: Where to find xfs-import.git
@ 2018-08-28 13:19   ` Eric Sandeen
From: Eric Sandeen @ 2018-08-28 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Sandoval, linux-xfs, Darrick J. Wong, Dave Chinner

On 8/28/18 3:13 AM, Carlos Maiolino wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 01:15:59PM -0700, Omar Sandoval wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I was hoping to poke around some old XFS history, but now that
>> oss.sgi.com is gone, I can't find the XFS CVS import repo. Does anyone
>> have it lying around? Would it be possible to put it up on kernel.org?
>>

> oss.sgi.com is by far gone. But you can find everything from oss.sgi.com in
> archive.org. Unfortunately not the CVS repositories, which I have no idea if
> they are still around somewhere. But on archive.org you can still find the
> original design documents from xfs.

Several developers do have copies of the old tree from oss.sgi.com.  We're
discussing the best public place to republish them, stay tuned.

Thanks,
-Eric

@ 2018-09-04 18:12     ` Omar Sandoval
From: Omar Sandoval @ 2018-09-04 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Sandeen; +Cc: linux-xfs, Darrick J. Wong, Dave Chinner

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 08:19:08AM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 8/28/18 3:13 AM, Carlos Maiolino wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 01:15:59PM -0700, Omar Sandoval wrote:
> >> Hey,
> >>
> >> I was hoping to poke around some old XFS history, but now that
> >> oss.sgi.com is gone, I can't find the XFS CVS import repo. Does anyone
> >> have it lying around? Would it be possible to put it up on kernel.org?
> >>

> > oss.sgi.com is by far gone. But you can find everything from oss.sgi.com in
> > archive.org. Unfortunately not the CVS repositories, which I have no idea if
> > they are still around somewhere. But on archive.org you can still find the
> > original design documents from xfs.
>
> Several developers do have copies of the old tree from oss.sgi.com.  We're
> discussing the best public place to republish them, stay tuned.

Any updates, Eric? Thanks!

* Re: Where to find xfs-import.git
@ 2018-09-05  5:39       ` Dave Chinner
From: Dave Chinner @ 2018-09-05  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Omar Sandoval; +Cc: Eric Sandeen, linux-xfs, Darrick J. Wong, Dave Chinner

On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 11:12:43AM -0700, Omar Sandoval wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 08:19:08AM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:

> > > oss.sgi.com is by far gone. But you can find everything from oss.sgi.com in
> > > archive.org. Unfortunately not the CVS repositories, which I have no idea if
> > > they are still around somewhere. But on archive.org you can still find the
> > > original design documents from xfs.
> >
> > Several developers do have copies of the old tree from oss.sgi.com.  We're
> > discussing the best public place to republish them, stay tuned.
>
> Any updates, Eric? Thanks!

Omar, a copy of the original repo from oss.sgi.com can be found
here:

https://github.com/dchinner/xfs-history

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner
david@fromorbit.com

* Re: Where to find xfs-import.git
@ 2018-09-06 18:01         ` Omar Sandoval
From: Omar Sandoval @ 2018-09-06 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Chinner; +Cc: Eric Sandeen, linux-xfs, Darrick J. Wong, Dave Chinner

On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 03:39:48PM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 11:12:43AM -0700, Omar Sandoval wrote:

> > > Several developers do have copies of the old tree from oss.sgi.com.  We're
> > > discussing the best public place to republish them, stay tuned.
> >
> > Any updates, Eric? Thanks!
>
> Omar, a copy of the original repo from oss.sgi.com can be found
> here:
>
> https://github.com/dchinner/xfs-history

Thanks a lot, Dave!