* With respect to XFS Bitmap flush to disk
@ 2017-02-27  2:11 Halsey Pian
From: Halsey Pian @ 2017-02-27  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs; +Cc: halsey.pian

Dear All,

Recently, I try to read analyze the bitmap of XFS file system, it seems that I cannot read the latest bitmap from hard disk involving the XFS, and cannot read the accurate info even after a long time. For example, i cannot get the relevant bitmap info after I add/delete a big file to/from XFS file system.

I tried several solution, and find it out that I must execute xfs_freeze for the XFS partition in CentOS7, and it seems that xfs_freeze doesn’t work for XFS version included in Redhat6.5, I must umount/mount the xfs, then I can get the latest bitmap info related to the latest data located in disk.

What  strategy does XFS use to cache/flush bitmap to hard disk?  How can I get the accurate bitmap info especially for Redhat6 series Operating System? Could you please give help on it?

Thanks in advance! ☺

Halsey Pian