* bug: btrfs-progs scrub -R flag doesn't show per device stats
@ 2018-08-31 18:43 Chris Murphy
From: Chris Murphy @ 2018-08-31 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Btrfs BTRFS

btrfs-progs v4.17.1

man btrfs-scrub:

           -R
               print raw statistics per-device instead of a summary

However, on a two device Btrfs volume, -R does not show per device
statistics. See screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xmt_NHGlNJPc8I0F4_OZxgGe9b3quCnD

Additionally, the description of -d and -R doesn't help me distinquish
between the two. -R says "instead of a summary" so that suggests -d
will summarize but isn't explicitly stated.

--
Chris Murphy

* Re: bug: btrfs-progs scrub -R flag doesn't show per device stats
@ 2018-09-03  3:11 ` Su Yue
From: Su Yue @ 2018-09-03  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Murphy, Btrfs BTRFS

On 09/01/2018 02:43 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> btrfs-progs v4.17.1
>
> man btrfs-scrub:
>
>             -R
>                 print raw statistics per-device instead of a summary
>

> However, on a two device Btrfs volume, -R does not show per device
> statistics. See screenshot:
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xmt_NHGlNJPc8I0F4_OZxgGe9b3quCnD
>
> Additionally, the description of -d and -R doesn't help me distinquish
> between the two. -R says "instead of a summary" so that suggests -d
> will summarize but isn't explicitly stated.

The description of '-R' is incorrect, it shoudle be 'raw print mode,
print full data instead of summary'.
The option '-d' do print separate statistics for each device indded,
not the '-R'.

A patch has been sent(forgot to CC you).

Thanks,
Su