* thesis - MLE
@ 2016-08-07 15:01 Alexander Aring
From: Alexander Aring @ 2016-08-07 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wpan; +Cc: Linux Bluetooth

Hi,

I will start my master thesis the next days and will try to create a
userspace application for [0] inside a Linux context and using the
mainline 802.15.4 subsystem/for testing the mainline 6LoWPAN stuff
etc. I will not use any UART/SLIP solution for that.

There exists an implementation outside which is openthread [1]. I will
try to create a native 802.15.4/6LoWPAN developing environment like I
did for RIOT-OS [2] with an af802154 driver to speak with 802.15.4 Linux
interfaces.

If anybody is already working on these parts, so please tell me.
... or better tell me not, because then I can't working on this parts
anymore in my thesis.

I added bluetooth mailinglist here because [0] is 6lo working group,
maybe there comes some TLV's which are bluetooth related soon?

Don't know I am not an expert for [0], I need to figure out how it's
working. Seems to require multicast fowarding stuff, but this can be
replaced later by $better_multicast_routing_protocol. This could be also
what thread used. Well I need to figure it out, I will not depend my
work on a better multicast forwarding protocol.

Anyway for 802.15.4 I need to implement some kernel parts to calculate
ETX, which means I need some ack received/non ack received counters or
something else which can be inserted for the ETX calculation (I need to
look into that).

I am sure I will have some fun with that.

- Alex

[0] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kelsey-6lo-mesh-link-establishment-00
[1] https://github.com/openthread/openthread/blob/master/src/core/thread/mle.cpp

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-08-07 15:01 UTC | newest]